X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broncos9697
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco_f1
    Do you hate getting phone calls from telemarketers as much as I do? Well, here are some ways to get your revenge!

1. If MCI calls trying to get you to sign up for the Family and Friends Plan, reply, in as SINISTER of a voice as you can, "But I don't have any friends...Would you be my friend?"

2. After the telemarketer finishes speaking, ask him/her to marry you.

3. Tell the telemarketer you are busy at the moment, and ask him/her if he/she will give you his/her home phone number so you can call him/her back.

4. Ask them to repeat everything they say, several times.

5. Tell them it is dinner time, BUT ask if they would please hold. Put them on your speaker phone while you continue to eat at your leisure. Smack your food loudly and continue with your dinner conversation.

6. Tell them that all business goes through your agent, and hand the phone to your five year old child.

7. Tell them you are hard of hearing and that they need to speak up...louder...louder...louder!

8. Tell them to speak very slowly because you want to write every word down.

9. If they start out with, "How are you today?", say "I'm so glad you asked, because no one these days seems to care, and I have all these problems..."

10. Catch them off guard by saying in a husky voice, "What are you wearing?"

11. Cry out in surprise, "Helen, is that you? I've been hoping you'd call! How is the family?" When they insist they are not Helen, tell them to stop joking. This works especially well if the telemarketer is really male
    oh man I hate it when this happens.I like to act like I am a answering machine it gets them everytime........but the real deal is most of the time its a recording or no talking at all so when you answer the phone its recorded that the phone was answered and a real person will call at the same time of day in the future and they will keep on calling till the phone is picked up..............this really sucks...so your best bet is to never answer the phone..

Leave a comment:

• Fred the Bunny
    replied
    Originally posted by LordTrychon
    I'm no telemarketer.
    Shut up!

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred the Bunny
    I make sex noises.
    I'm no telemarketer.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by tsiguy96
    like any of you really get telemarketing calls anymore

most call centers have closed down, the market is gone. i was one for 8 months and made nearly 20k. in high school.

We're on the 'do not call' list and we still average about 3 a day. Most of them are recordings. Easier to hang up on, but they don't listen when you tell them not to call anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Fred the Bunny
    replied
    I make sex noises.

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    If... you insist to mess with a telemarketer you can always do this

http://stage.broncoscountry.com/reso...o/31557/46.mp3

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by Dream
    Regardless of how annoying telemarketers can be, (I used to be one, I'd know.) there's no reason to treat them like ****. They're just trying to make a living like anyone else. Plus, those sort of jobs pay better than others if you're someone who doesn't have a degree looking for a decent job.
    I am not a telemarketer but I am constantly on the phone with General managers and owners at auto dealerships. I do have to cold call alot. It is a numbers game. When somthing like this happens if you are good in sales you know more they are talking more they are buying.

You can use these jokes to your advantage and make the client/applicant/prospect laugh and open up.

I love when a person jokes around and what not. Mainly because it is better then a person that does not give you a oppurtinity.

Also I know some telemarketers that make six figures. Degree is to get you in the door but street smarts and knowledge (alot more difficult to get the oppurtunity dont get me wrong) can also get you in the door.

by the way CONGRATS ON YOUR TEST!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Kapaibro
    replied
    As a CS for an online poker site I used to get some f**k'd calls.

Like the guy who didn't hang up properly and told his friends how my accent "was really posh like a con-cee-urge at one of those super flash hotels"

Or the idiot who after 20 minutes of being told we couldn't refund him for a powercut in his area told me he was going to bet with an AMERICAN COMPANY! I said "Good luck finding one. All online gaming sites are based OUTSIDE of the US!"

The amount of folks who were amazed that New Zealanders spoke such good english got "Uh yeah, that's what usually happens when you're settled by the English and are a member of the Commonwealth"

Or the folks who didn't realise that NZ has electricity and running water!

Leave a comment:

• SeeingRed
    replied
    I was a telemarketer for Discover Card for a year in high school. They used to tell us that as long as we had not said "Discover Card" we could say whatever we want with unruly people. I had so much fun with people. I'd have people say "F*** YOU!!!" to me all the time. That's when it got good.

Leave a comment:

• kcvet
    replied
    just put your name and phone on the "do not call" list. go here:

https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

I did. and no more calls.

Leave a comment:

• broncosfanscott
    replied
    That is why they make phones that have caller-id. So glad I don't have to deal with that or all those surveys, etc, etc, etc.....

Leave a comment:

• tsiguy96
    replied
    like any of you really get telemarketing calls anymore

most call centers have closed down, the market is gone. i was one for 8 months and made nearly 20k. in high school.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Regardless of how annoying telemarketers can be, (I used to be one, I'd know.) there's no reason to treat them like ****. They're just trying to make a living like anyone else. Plus, those sort of jobs pay better than others if you're someone who doesn't have a degree looking for a decent job.

I agree. I'm a very polite person and I try to decline nicely. It's the ones that keep persisting. How many times do I need to say 'no, thank you'?

Bronco_f1, those were funny. I like #6.

Leave a comment:

• CinnaMunMun
    replied
    I try to sell them something if I buy something off of them, just to even it out.

Leave a comment:

• kcarr26
    replied

Very good point dream.

I am against making people feel like **** over the phone...

As I am a CSR1 or PB1 for US Bank.

I deal with people all day over the phone, and man are some of the angry.

I've become very good at shrugging off anything anyone throws at me.

However, not everyone does and it makes some quite angry..

So to those who make telemarketers feel like ****.. imagine if it was you.

Now if it was me.. I'd play along with the funny stuff... but if you flat out told me to stop pissing people off

I'd tell you throw down some of those hallucinogens and cut your willie off and eat it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X