• Show
Clear All

• Sick and Wrong!

http://www.alamogordonews.com/news/ci_5859482

Dog owner sees photo of pet, calls in
    Alamogordo Daily News
    Daily News Report
    Article Launched: 05/10/2007 12:00:00 AM MDT

Alamogordo Animal Control is accepting donations from the public to offset the vet bill for Cindy, the terrier-mix puppy that was attacked by three juveniles Sunday.

The dog is currently being treated by Dr. Edmund Staley. It is reportedly in stable condition, but still cannot stand.

Juan Preciado, the dog's owner, told the Daily News Wednesday that Cindy had never before escaped from the yard, or had ever even tried to, until Sunday.

He said the family spent some time Sunday looking for the dog, one of two from a recent litter the family decided to raise, but never found her. Preciado said he recognized the dog from the photo published Wednesday.

According to Preciado, the family is willing to put Cindy up for adoption because they cannot afford the veterinary bill for her injuries.

Staley testified in District Court Tuesday that Cindy suffered from a concussion and severe blood loss.

In addition, she had a puncture wound and slice wounds to the chest, a contusion on her right ear and severe bruising to the head.

The three juveniles accused of the attack Dasha Lombard, 15, James Manzanares, 14, and Nicholas Stogden, 13 were remanded into custody Tuesday until their trial date.

They are charged with

felony cruelty to animals, conspiracy to commit extreme cruelty to animals and tampering with evidence.
    They allegedly caught the dog, taped its mouth shut, stabbed it and hit the dog with a concrete block.

Animal Control can be contacted at 439-4330

More Info: It was a with a screwdriver, knife and a 45 poun cinderblock! These people are my classmates too! I would never expect locals people would do this to our community

Originally posted by Orange_Crush30

The three juveniles accused of the attack Dasha Lombard, 15, James Manzanares, 14, and Nicholas Stogden, 13
    these names sound like some losers that would do this...hope they get whats coming for them.
    sigpic

Comment

Sure this is awful, sick, and wrong.

The kids were dead wrong and should be dealt with appropriately.

But what does the sound of their names have to do with doing right or wrong?
      Emancipate your mind!
      The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by Emancipator

It doesn't.

In any case... these kids need to be dealt with harshly so they don't turn out to be even worse later in life.

Thanks, Reid!
        sigpic
        Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Emancipator

I was thinking the same thing Eman....you can't judge people by their names
          but by their actions.

Poor puppy...I wonder if it would of been better to put the puppy to sleep.
          These boys need to be taught a good lesson.
          Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Originally posted by DawgFanatic
            these names sound like some losers that would do this...hope they get whats coming for them.

They will be. they are looking at two years at the least, and they are my age. How sad. What a waste!

Comment

Anyone who harms animals is a sick creep!

I hope they're banned from owning animals for the rest of their lives.
              President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
              I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

I really don't know how to respond to a story like that.

I did some stupid stuff when I was a kid, but .... I really can't find the words.

These kids better be glad I'm not the judge in this case.

Comment

I hope they can get these kids straightened out.

Comment

Originally posted by sneakers
                    I hope they can get these kids straightened out.
                    eye for an eye.
                    sig pic removed by mod staff.
                    we do not allow site advertising.

Comment

if i could tell you how that makes me. stupid d-bags.
                      white sox are done, broncos looking strong, lakers gonna win it all again.

Originally posted by raylewis52
                      you guys are the saddest team in nfl right now! 8-8 will win the west,.thats just a joke. there will be 6-8 teams sitting home with better records,
                      smart fans, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by darrent/hero
                        if i could tell you how that makes me. stupid d-bags.
                        proper punishment would be to tie these kids up and use them for Police Dog Training. with out the PPE of course.

Seriously though i would rather see people hurt each other then a man hurting a dog Strange but true
                        The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                        While he sits by his hearth at home.
                        Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                        That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Yeah, I strongly dislike the mistreatment of animals..which means this story is sad...but whether you like it or not there is always gonna be a few people out there that think they're so cool that they can do anything they want and get away with it. I feel bad for the dogs.

Comment

Working...
                          X