Don't Get Gas On May 15th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Get Gas On May 15th

In April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide in protest of gas prices Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.

On May 15th 2007, all internet users are to not go to a gas station in protest of high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most places.

There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the internet network, and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill up.

If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take $2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION) out of the oil companies pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station on May 15th and lets try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil industry for at least one day.

If you agree (which I can’t see why you wouldn't) send this to all your contact list with it saying, ''Don't pump gas on May 15th."

instead go dancing down the street without gas...that or fill up the day before

Originally posted by aberdien
    Hell yea!!!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Im fillin up tomorrow, so Im down!
      sigpic

Comment

You know back then gas was like a little over a dollor. With everyone filling up the day before and after, the oil companies are still going to make bank. I really don't see how this could work now unless it was something major like, stop driving!
        Thanks WhiteDragon!

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=85326 Last years 1st RD Mock
        GM Draft-#24-CB Aqib Talib Kansas
        #54-WR Earl Bennett Vandy
        #85-G Roy Schuening OSU
        #114(via HOU-Pacman Trade) TE Brad Cottam TEN
        #120 LB Ben Moffit USF
        Block: TE Troupe RB Brown DT Starks

Comment

Based on the stuff you posted, the prices DROPPED the day after in 97.

So why would you fill up the day before when prices are still high?

Wouldnt it make more sense to fill up the day after again?

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn
            Based on the stuff you posted, the prices DROPPED the day after in 97.

So why would you fill up the day before when prices are still high?

Wouldnt it make more sense to fill up the day after again?
            I think he is trying to say, if you have to fill up, then fill up on the day before instead of on the 15th.
            sigpic

Comment

what if I think gas prices are to low???

should I buy extra to make up for the people that are not going to buy in protest?
              [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
              Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Originally posted by BVP
                I think he is trying to say, if you have to fill up, then fill up on the day before instead of on the 15th.
                Which still gives them top dollar for the gas.

You miss the point. If everyone fills up the 14th, the gas companies just have a HUGE day that makes up for the loss on the 15th.

They are going to hope this becomes a regular thing so they can give everyone the day off on the "gas out" days, saving THEM even more money.

Comment

The only way this works is if everyone takes Public Trans for a day

Or basically doesn't use gas for a day.

By not buying gas for a day, you're only shifting the days that they get money around a bit. you're not actually taking any money out of their pockets.

You want to regulate prices? Here's what you do.

Find the most expensive gas Vendor in town, and don't go there.

Spread that around enough, sooner or later that Vendor's prices will have to drop. Once it drops to the point where they are no longer the most expensive station in town, then start boycotting the most expensive one.

Comment

You miss the point. If everyone fills up the 14th, the gas companies just have a HUGE day that makes up for the loss on the 15th.

They are going to hope this becomes a regular thing so they can give everyone the day off on the "gas out" days, saving THEM even more money.
                    Pretty much. Gas barons will laugh as they make the same amount of money if we fill up in preparation to May 15th. With our dependency on the car, its also going to be hard to get around buying gas if you truely need it that day.

Plus, they wouldn't lose that much money as the article predicts, as most people don't get gas every day in the first place.

Comment

Not unless...

Everyone were to do like a Dine n Dash...

Although technically it'd be called

Kum and go? lol

haha fill up where you can pay inside AFTER you get gas... then drive off.

That'll stop the huge day before.

(I'm jk.. dont' really)
                      sigpic

Comment

Ummmm...but, but wouldn't you you just be forced to get gas on the 14th, or the 16th? Wouldn't they just make their money on the day before or after?

Comment

well for what its worth i'm in
                          So far:
                          FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                          1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

I don't think it will make any difference at all. OPEC doesn't care when people get gas. They know people need gas and the oil companies will make their money regardless of what day people decide to fill up. I don't participate in these things, ever. If my wife or I need gas on the 15th, then we'll fill up.
                            Originally posted by Soldier96B
                            i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

First off, this is a complete fallacy. This did not happen in 97 and prices did not fall overnight. This has been posted many times in the past ten years, and it has never once had an effect.

The oil companies will make their money, either way, period. If you need gas, you buy gas, maybe on the 14th, maybe on the 16th.

In case you've never noticed... The oil companies have been posting record profits year after year, while the price just keeps on climbing....

If nobody in the country bought gas for a day... guess what would happen?

Nothing. Not a thing. Except longer lines at the pump the next day, and probably higher prices the next day to cover the money lost by the large oil companies.

Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
                              ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

Working...
                              X