Don't Get Gas On May 15th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davii
    First off, this is a complete fallacy. This did not happen in 97 and prices did not fall overnight. This has been posted many times in the past ten years, and it has never once had an effect.

The oil companies will make their money, either way, period. If you need gas, you buy gas, maybe on the 14th, maybe on the 16th.

In case you've never noticed... The oil companies have been posting record profits year after year, while the price just keeps on climbing....

If nobody in the country bought gas for a day... guess what would happen?

Nothing. Not a thing. Except longer lines at the pump the next day, and probably higher prices the next day to cover the money lost by the large oil companies.
    Bingo.....
    Originally posted by Soldier96B
    i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Its worth a try!~

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
        Yes. Folks, please don't participate in this or encourage it. Even if everyone in the country refused to fill up their tanks on the 15th, all they'd be doing is shifting their purchase to earlier or later in the week.

Do people out there really believe that they'll be able to influence massive fuel corporations by taking an action that doesn't inconvenience them in the least? Things just don't work that way. There's no such thing as a free lunch.

And yeah, like Davii said, there never was a 1997 gas-out.
        Actually they would influence the large oil companies. The prices would rise.

There would be some money lost through delivery trucks arriving that are no longer needed, forcing unscheduled deliveries later in the week, etc. etc. etc.

Bottom line though, even if you could hurt their pocket book, it's coming out of yours.

Welcome to a free market economy. The price of doing business is passed right along to you and me. John and Jane Q Public.

You will wind up paying any amount of money that happens to be lost, if any.

Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
        ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
          It's my understanding that gas stations get supplied on a weekly basis anyway. But in theory, if they delivered daily, you're correct. It's just an awful idea.
          Right. The point being though, even if there is a way for you to hurt their pocket book, you will wind up paying more to offset the loss.

The only way to ever do anything about it is to actually USE LESS gas. Buy a more fuel efficient car, start taking public transportation. Buy a 10 speed and ride anywhere you can instead of driving. Etc. etc. etc.

Code Of Conduct
          ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

If I get that text one more time im going to punch someone in the face

Comment

Boycotting gas companies on a specific day isn't the answer.

We need to boycott the two giants all the time. Not just on a certain day. Do not buy gas from Exxon or Mobil. EVER! If people stop buying from these two, they will eventually be forced to lower their prices and the price wars could begin in our favor rather than theirs.

If you can, buy your gas from Sinclair. An American company. :usa:
              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
                Boycotting gas companies on a specific day isn't the answer.

We need to boycott the two giants all the time. Not just on a certain day. Do not buy gas from Exxon or Mobil. EVER! If people stop buying from these two, they will eventually be forced to lower their prices and the price wars could begin in our favor rather than theirs.

If you can, buy your gas from Sinclair. An American company. :usa:

Uh...Exxon/Mobil is one big company...hence the "/"

If you want to do America good, just don't buy gas from Citgo.

Comment

Originally posted by SeeingRed
                  Uh...Exxon/Mobil is one big company...hence the "/"

If you want to do America good, just don't buy gas from Citgo.
                  You know what REALLY pisses me off?

CITGO! But more so than that, Citgo has the contract with AAFES to provide the gas on military installations...

I never buy gas on base. Besides the fact that purchases on base are tax exempt yet it's only 3 cents cheaper than out in town????

Code Of Conduct

Comment

Originally posted by Davii
                    You know what REALLY pisses me off?

CITGO! But more so than that, Citgo has the contract with AAFES to provide the gas on military installations...

I never buy gas on base. Besides the fact that purchases on base are tax exempt yet it's only 3 cents cheaper than out in town????
                    Are you ****ting me? AAFES really uses Citgo gas? Son of a biscuit. I guess I'll be going off base to Exxon from now on.

Comment

Think about this....

Corn.....

As FUEL.....

Wow.....

Just think...all that corn and we could be driving around like we are now with REALLY cheap gas prices. There's no corn shortage.

However, there is a fuel shortage coming. The faster people get on board with alternate solutions, the easier the transition will be when we can all agree that there is a better way.

Screw hybrids. That's just a short term solution.

But hey, who am I?

$3.17 here right now. Just over the bridge it's $2.91
                      COPYWRITED MATERIAL Copyright © 1975 by Dr Velcro

Comment

its worth a try to get prices down people that are against it....if u want to keep paying for expensive gas then keep doin it but i for one am not gonna. why dont you come up with an idea since u all seem so smart? hmm? we are just tryin to get our message across to the gov and opec that we are fed up with gas prices....if the gov sees that enough people are upset with prices then they may decide to step in....so to buy gas on that day could just ruin our one shot at lower prices
                        "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos86
                          its worth a try to get prices down people that are against it....if u want to keep paying for expensive gas then keep doin it but i for one am not gonna. why dont you come up with an idea since u all seem so smart? hmm? we are just tryin to get our message across to the gov and opec that we are fed up with gas prices....if the gov sees that enough people are upset with prices then they may decide to step in....so to buy gas on that day could just ruin our one shot at lower prices
                          I would certainly do this & probably will. I'm all about some protest. However, as I said before, this is a short term solution to something that is only going to get worse in time.

We need to take steps NOW to fix this problem in the long run. Gas is NOT an unlimitted resource & people act like it is. Don't get me wrong. I love my car & I love my freedom, but I'm gonna be hating the bike I'm gonna have to ride 20 years from now (if not sooner) if people don't start taking action in the right direction (not buy GAS at all and find an alternative fuel source that is replenishable).

These companies know that they have us under their control and at their mercy. It didn't used to be this way, but it is now. This is what happens when too many people turn their heads and look the other way, thinking it will get better on its own.

BUT YES...I proabaly will participate in the boycott.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred the Bunny
                            I would certainly do this & probably will. I'm all about some protest. However, as I said before, this is a short term solution to something that is only going to get worse in time.

We need to take steps NOW to fix this problem in the long run. Gas is NOT an unlimitted resource & people act like it is. Don't get me wrong. I love my car & I love my freedom, but I'm gonna be hating the bike I'm gonna have to ride 20 years from now (if not sooner) if people don't start taking action in the right direction (not buy GAS at all and find an alternative fuel source that is replenishable).

These companies know that they have us under their control and at their mercy. It didn't used to be this way, but it is now. This is what happens when too many people turn their heads and look the other way, thinking it will get better on its own.

BUT YES...I proabaly will participate in the boycott.

maybe we are protesting the wrong thing....lets protest bill gates into making corn gas stations and cars to go along with it lol
                            "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos86
                              maybe we are protesting the wrong thing....lets protest bill gates into making corn gas stations and cars to go along with it lol
                              Who said it was Bill?

Can't blame everything on the man.

You know, a long time ago a man came up with a way to use water as fuel.
                              Appearantly, it was such a good idea that the gov't paid him a visit.

Turns out that was the last of that invention.

Open your mind, buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred the Bunny
                                Who said it was Bill?

Can't blame everything on the man.

You know, a long time ago a man came up with a way to use water as fuel.
                                Appearantly, it was such a good idea that the gov't paid him a visit.

Turns out that was the last of that invention.

Open your mind, buddy.

no i meant cuz he is so rich lets just make him use some of his money for the invention of more corn powered cars

Comment

Working...
                                X