Don't Get Gas On May 15th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncos86
    no i meant cuz he is so rich lets just make him use some of his money for the invention of more corn powered cars
    Oh!

Well, yeah, if you look at it that way, then Oprah can get in on it too.
    COPYWRITED MATERIAL Copyright © 1975 by Dr Velcro

Comment

Originally posted by Fred the Bunny
      Oh!

Well, yeah, if you look at it that way, then Oprah can get in on it too.

hahha ya she probably would get in on it
      "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Comment

hahha ya she probably would get in on it

Only for good PR and some profit.

She doesn't seem to do a whole lot unless everyone sees her do it.
        She's become very Hollywood.

Comment

Only for good PR and some profit.

She doesn't seem to do a whole lot unless everyone sees her do it.
          She's become very Hollywood.

ya ive never really been fond of her...and shes kinda racist too
          "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Comment

ya ive never really been fond of her...and shes kinda racist too
            What, she don't like white folk?

I don't know...maybe she just likes rich white folk.

Comment

What, she don't like white folk?

I don't know...maybe she just likes rich white folk.

cuz they are dumb enough to go pay to see her lol...anything to get money i guess

Comment

cuz they are dumb enough to go pay to see her lol...anything to get money i guess
                She's done a lot of work for the poor & such.
                That can't be denied.

However, the money has gone to her head over the years.
                She smells of snob nowadays.

I think it's great that she has done so much for the causes that she believes in & I don't want to discredit her for that.

But yeah, she's out of touch with what poor is.

Comment

its worth a try to get prices down people that are against it....if u want to keep paying for expensive gas then keep doin it but i for one am not gonna. why dont you come up with an idea since u all seem so smart? hmm? we are just tryin to get our message across to the gov and opec that we are fed up with gas prices....if the gov sees that enough people are upset with prices then they may decide to step in....so to buy gas on that day could just ruin our one shot at lower prices
                  Think about it for a second.... Ok, three or four seconds....

1) There hasn't been a new refinery built in the United States for 20+ years
                  2) In the last 20 years Fuel consumption in the US has grown every year
                  3) All refineries in the US are producing at Maximum capacity
                  4) We USE more Gas than is made within our nation. We import GAS, not just oil.
                  5) While supply CANNOT grow without building more refineries consumption has not slowed, it has increased.

So... Supply < Demand....

Everytime there is a problem at a refinery, your cost goes up.

It is absolutely ludicrous to think for even an instant that by not buying gas on a certain day you will have any effect on anything. If the entire nation did not buy gas on a certain day NOTHING WOULD CHANGE!

Why? Because your consumption remained the same. Your demand is still greater than supply. No more refineries were built. Soccer moms across the nation still fired up their Expeditions to take their two kids to soccer practice. Joe Blow that works as a paper pusher still fired up his F250 Turbo Diesel to go to work with his suit and tie.

There are a few ways to solve the problem.

1) Build new refineries, which will cost a good amount of money and take a few years
                  2) The consumers need to stop consuming so much gas
                  3) Alternative fuel sources
                  4) Buy a bike and quit complaining

Notice not one of those has anything to do with not buying gas on a certain day. A BOYCOTT means you give something up in order to force a change. You don't drink wine AT ALL in order to make the wine companies change their ways.

By not buying gasoline for a day, you have done nothing. The gas will still be used. Everyone will still have to fill up. The oil companies bottom line will not change at all.

you want change? Buy a hybrid, buy an electric, buy a bike, take the bus, carpool, do whatever you have to do to cut down on your consumption. Period.

There is no other way.

Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
                  ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

Originally posted by Davii
                    Think about it for a second.... Ok, three or four seconds....

1) There hasn't been a new refinery built in the United States for 20+ years
                    2) In the last 20 years Fuel consumption in the US has grown every year
                    3) All refineries in the US are producing at Maximum capacity
                    4) We USE more Gas than is made within our nation. We import GAS, not just oil.
                    5) While supply CANNOT grow without building more refineries consumption has not slowed, it has increased.

So... Supply < Demand....

Everytime there is a problem at a refinery, your cost goes up.

It is absolutely ludicrous to think for even an instant that by not buying gas on a certain day you will have any effect on anything. If the entire nation did not buy gas on a certain day NOTHING WOULD CHANGE!

Why? Because your consumption remained the same. Your demand is still greater than supply. No more refineries were built. Soccer moms across the nation still fired up their Expeditions to take their two kids to soccer practice. Joe Blow that works as a paper pusher still fired up his F250 Turbo Diesel to go to work with his suit and tie.

There are a few ways to solve the problem.

1) Build new refineries, which will cost a good amount of money and take a few years
                    2) The consumers need to stop consuming so much gas
                    3) Alternative fuel sources
                    4) Buy a bike and quit complaining

Notice not one of those has anything to do with not buying gas on a certain day. A BOYCOTT means you give something up in order to force a change. You don't drink wine AT ALL in order to make the wine companies change their ways.

By not buying gasoline for a day, you have done nothing. The gas will still be used. Everyone will still have to fill up. The oil companies bottom line will not change at all.

you want change? Buy a hybrid, buy an electric, buy a bike, take the bus, carpool, do whatever you have to do to cut down on your consumption. Period.

There is no other way.

I agree with you, but I'm all about finding another fuel source as opposed to going after more gas.

My use of boycott sucks. Sorry

And on a lighter note, you think that if I boycotted my dealer he would give me more for a 20 sack?

(Edit: You know that I've hit the bong a little too hard when I can't even phrase the last sentence right. You get my point, I'm sure)

Dude, I am so kidding.

No, I'm not.

Yeah, I am .

Last edited by Fred the Bunny; 05-11-2007, 11:45 AM.

Comment

I agree with you, but I'm all about finding another fuel source as opposed to going after more gas.

My use of boycott sucks. Sorry

And on a lighter note, you think that if I boycotted my dealer he would give me more for a 20 sack?
                      If you got all his customers to do so.... probably...

I just find it ridiculous that people actually think this will affect anything. I am all for alternative fuel sources, but the reality is right now we need more supply or less demand if we want any change in the short term.

Gasoline itself is no longer a long term fix. However the refineries we have at present could most likely be converted to be refine different types of fuel, such as ethanol... So building more refineries could work as a solution to both short and long term goals.

The reality is if you think you are boycotting, then DON'T DRIVE! If you start your car you just made sure the gas company made money.

I don't get how people can say, "well i just won't fill up, but i'll drive just as much and that will show those oil barons what for good how by golly!"

Wait, I didn't realize that I was just going to have to fill up at whatever price was charged the next day!

Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
                      ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

Originally posted by Davii
                        If you got all his customers to do so.... probably...

I just find it ridiculous that people actually think this will affect anything. I am all for alternative fuel sources, but the reality is right now we need more supply or less demand if we want any change in the short term.

Gasoline itself is no longer a long term fix. However the refineries we have at present could most likely be converted to be refine different types of fuel, such as ethanol... So building more refineries could work as a solution to both short and long term goals.

The reality is if you think you are boycotting, then DON'T DRIVE! If you start your car you just made sure the gas company made money.

I don't get how people can say, "well i just won't fill up, but i'll drive just as much and that will show those oil barons what for good how by golly!"

Wait, I didn't realize that I was just going to have to fill up at whatever price was charged the next day!

It's true.

People have the right frame of mind when they want to take action for change, but when it comes down to making a life change, it poses inconvenience and that's when people sit down and take what they are given.

Comment

its worth a try to get prices down people that are against it....if u want to keep paying for expensive gas then keep doin it but i for one am not gonna. why dont you come up with an idea since u all seem so smart? hmm? we are just tryin to get our message across to the gov and opec that we are fed up with gas prices....if the gov sees that enough people are upset with prices then they may decide to step in....so to buy gas on that day could just ruin our one shot at lower prices
                          Ok first of all do you think the Gov gives a blep about us? Back in the day they might have, when we were a democracy! But its OPEC that could just raise the prices the next etc, its all about money, they could care less about how people feel as long as they are able to park the bently in there 20 car grage!

Some have pointed it out, the only thing that will work is stoping gas use all together. Alternative fuel! To much money is made off oil etc for these companies to stop doing what they are doing! Like said before the GOV does not like people trying to find alternative fuels etc..

Its a good idea in they way people need to relize what is going on and try to do something. But now a days we really have no more rights or vioce in the Gov. All this don't buy gas on May 15 is from MySpace and kids that have not had Economics class yet! ]
                          Thanks WhiteDragon!

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=85326 Last years 1st RD Mock
                          GM Draft-#24-CB Aqib Talib Kansas
                          #54-WR Earl Bennett Vandy
                          #85-G Roy Schuening OSU
                          #114(via HOU-Pacman Trade) TE Brad Cottam TEN
                          #120 LB Ben Moffit USF
                          Block: TE Troupe RB Brown DT Starks

Comment

Not getting gas on one day will do absolutely nothing. As a matter of fact, it's kind of dangerous because people think they have done something when in fact they have done nothing but put off getting gas for one day. Then, they will not do something that could actually make a difference, like writing to thier congress person or buying a gas efficient car. This is like saying, "I'm not gonna smoke for one day, that'll show that tobacco company!" and then you just continue to smoke after that. It's a good idea in theory, but in practice it will not make a difference. Not unless we boycotted driving for a month. Oil has us right where it wants us, and ignoring it for a day won't make it go away.

Comment

Davii, the F-250 Diesel won't effect gasoline prices. Diesel is composed with kerosene (among other things), not crude. Long term, diesel is actually safer for the environment and more economical than gasoline. My buddy's '06 F-250 PSD got 27 MPG going from here to Kentucky last November. That isn't too bad for a 6 liter V8.

On the other side of things, like others have said, the people who believe in these kinds of protests/boycotts/what ever have not taken economics.

The government has zero to do with gas prices. It irks me when people expect the government to step in and regulate it. They can't do that because we import the majority of our crude from the Middle East and, in turn, have to follow OPEC's BS rules. If Americans weren't so self-centered and didn't need a Ford Expedition or Chebby Suburban to haul their two kids around in, we would have more Honda CR-Vs, Toyota Rav-4s, etc that get 30 MPG. If Americans were more concerned with the future of their children, they would realize that if they drove more fuel friendly vehicles that got 30 MPG on the highway, instead of 15, the US could become self-sufficient in terms of oil. The shale in Alaska is the biggest untapped resource on the planet. We can't tap in to that though because a certain political party doesn't want to clear out a few hundred acres of land for a refinery, pumps, and line.
                              Originally posted by Soldier96B
                              i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

I must say that I am a part of the problem. I drive a V-8 Camaro so I use a lot of gas. I only drive it what 3 times a week or so. But hey I guess I am boycotting gas since my fuel pump does not want to work! Time for an even bigger fuel pump and bigger injectors!! AHAHAHA, ya I need an electric car or something!
                                Thanks WhiteDragon!

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=85326 Last years 1st RD Mock
                                GM Draft-#24-CB Aqib Talib Kansas
                                #54-WR Earl Bennett Vandy
                                #85-G Roy Schuening OSU
                                #114(via HOU-Pacman Trade) TE Brad Cottam TEN
                                #120 LB Ben Moffit USF
                                Block: TE Troupe RB Brown DT Starks

Comment

Working...
                                X