Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aberdien
    replied
    weeee tomorrow i won't need to fill up..but that's probably because i don't have a car

Leave a comment:

• Broncomanjrd
    replied
    Gas starts at: for super unleaded ( unleaded with ethanol) 3.25, Reg unleaded 3.39 and premium 3.54. I filled up my truck last night and spent 87 dollars.

Leave a comment:

• SeeingRed
    replied
    Ethanol isn't a fix for our gasoline problems.

Leave a comment:

• His Wife
    replied
    Filled up yesterday, $3.09 for Ethanol, $3.19 for Reg Unleaded, and $3.29 for Premium.

*I actually saw a self-serve gas station too---thought those were compleltely gone. Didn't utilize it, because the gas was $3.69*

Leave a comment:

• sneakers
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred the Bunny
    Think about this....

Corn.....

As FUEL.....

Wow.....

Just think...all that corn and we could be driving around like we are now with REALLY cheap gas prices. There's no corn shortage.

However, there is a fuel shortage coming. The faster people get on board with alternate solutions, the easier the transition will be when we can all agree that there is a better way.

Screw hybrids. That's just a short term solution.

But hey, who am I?

$3.17 here right now. Just over the bridge it's $2.91
    Gettting Ethonal from switchgrass (it's a weed that grows in prairies) takes 12 times less energy to convert to ethonal than corn. Go Switchgrass!

Leave a comment:

• SeeingRed
    replied
    Originally posted by His Wife
    I can't remember where I heard this, on the board or from someone I personally talked with, but they said they believe the gas prices will be $5-6.00 per gallon this summer. The largest point in the conversation was that 'we are being conditioned' to not think $3-4.00 is so bad afterall. I thought that made a lot of sense.
    I have said that before, but I'm not sure if it was on this forum or not.

Leave a comment:

• SeeingRed
    replied
    Originally posted by Saddletramp
    I take offense to this. I drive a suburban. I drive one becuase I dont care if gas goes to $10.00 a gallon, I am gonna drive what ever the hell I want to drive.
    I don't really care what gas prices are at either, hence my choice of car. You shouldn't take offense to it, because no matter what happens, some people are still going to drive gas guzzlers even if gas does reach $5-6/gallon.

I only drive about 6-7 miles round trip to work every day. I put $20 in my car, a little more than a half tank, and I'm good for a week and a half.

Leave a comment:

• His Wife
    replied
    Originally posted by Nomad Broncofan
    What he said! Face it folks, gas will only go up! Just like taxes, wages, and everything else does. I drive a 1/2 2006 4-dr Silverado and I fill up just about every three days ( I drive about 80 miles a day) which equals to about $60 each time. I think us Americans have it pretty good compared to the rest of the world and if a CEO of an oil company is making a tons of money then he made the right choice in careers. Only way to stop this is to get in the horse and cart or walk.
    I can't remember where I heard this, on the board or from someone I personally talked with, but they said they believe the gas prices will be $5-6.00 per gallon this summer. The largest point in the conversation was that 'we are being conditioned' to not think $3-4.00 is so bad afterall. I thought that made a lot of sense.

I'm with you and Saddle....I'll drive whatever the heck I want to drive. I've had small cars. Their lower profiles, less metal around you, etc......a lot less safe to me. If I want my pickup for my personal needs, I'll keep my pickup, and if I want my SUV, I'll keep my SUV, and I've worked hard for it in my life. Small cars? They are only smart if they fit your needs. I wouldn't want my little kids in the back seat of one being rear-ended or broad-sided, no way.....no how!

Leave a comment:

• Nomad Broncofan
    replied
    Originally posted by Saddletramp
    I take offense to this. I drive a suburban. I drive one becuase I dont care if gas goes to $10.00 a gallon, I am gonna drive what ever the hell I want to drive.

What he said! Face it folks, gas will only go up! Just like taxes, wages, and everything else does. I drive a 1/2 2006 4-dr Silverado and I fill up just about every three days ( I drive about 80 miles a day) which equals to about $60 each time. I think us Americans have it pretty good compared to the rest of the world and if a CEO of an oil company is making a tons of money then he made the right choice in careers. Only way to stop this is to get in the horse and cart or walk.

Leave a comment:

• His Wife
    replied
    It 'sounds' like a good idea, but I have one question.....

People will probably all gas up on May 14th, right? So, that won't hurt them nearly enough. Am I thinking about this the right way? :grin:

Leave a comment:

• Bronco_f1
    replied
    just like many people said, that plan isnt going to work and the companies will make up for it the next day or two days after that, if it would really drop the price, which I doubt will happen

And yeah, oil companies do not hold the prices, the OPEC does, and they will laugh at us. It is a fallacy, truly

Leave a comment:

• Saddletramp
    replied
    Originally posted by SeeingRed
    Davii, the F-250 Diesel won't effect gasoline prices. Diesel is composed with kerosene (among other things), not crude. Long term, diesel is actually safer for the environment and more economical than gasoline. My buddy's '06 F-250 PSD got 27 MPG going from here to Kentucky last November. That isn't too bad for a 6 liter V8.

On the other side of things, like others have said, the people who believe in these kinds of protests/boycotts/what ever have not taken economics.

The government has zero to do with gas prices. It irks me when people expect the government to step in and regulate it. They can't do that because we import the majority of our crude from the Middle East and, in turn, have to follow OPEC's BS rules. If Americans weren't so self-centered and didn't need a Ford Expedition or Chebby Suburban to haul their two kids around in, we would have more Honda CR-Vs, Toyota Rav-4s, etc that get 30 MPG. If Americans were more concerned with the future of their children, they would realize that if they drove more fuel friendly vehicles that got 30 MPG on the highway, instead of 15, the US could become self-sufficient in terms of oil. The shale in Alaska is the biggest untapped resource on the planet. We can't tap in to that though because a certain political party doesn't want to clear out a few hundred acres of land for a refinery, pumps, and line.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoAV06
    replied
    I must say that I am a part of the problem. I drive a V-8 Camaro so I use a lot of gas. I only drive it what 3 times a week or so. But hey I guess I am boycotting gas since my fuel pump does not want to work! Time for an even bigger fuel pump and bigger injectors!! AHAHAHA, ya I need an electric car or something!

Leave a comment:

• SeeingRed
    replied
    Davii, the F-250 Diesel won't effect gasoline prices. Diesel is composed with kerosene (among other things), not crude. Long term, diesel is actually safer for the environment and more economical than gasoline. My buddy's '06 F-250 PSD got 27 MPG going from here to Kentucky last November. That isn't too bad for a 6 liter V8.

On the other side of things, like others have said, the people who believe in these kinds of protests/boycotts/what ever have not taken economics.

The government has zero to do with gas prices. It irks me when people expect the government to step in and regulate it. They can't do that because we import the majority of our crude from the Middle East and, in turn, have to follow OPEC's BS rules. If Americans weren't so self-centered and didn't need a Ford Expedition or Chebby Suburban to haul their two kids around in, we would have more Honda CR-Vs, Toyota Rav-4s, etc that get 30 MPG. If Americans were more concerned with the future of their children, they would realize that if they drove more fuel friendly vehicles that got 30 MPG on the highway, instead of 15, the US could become self-sufficient in terms of oil. The shale in Alaska is the biggest untapped resource on the planet. We can't tap in to that though because a certain political party doesn't want to clear out a few hundred acres of land for a refinery, pumps, and line.

Leave a comment:

• MasterShake
    replied
    Not getting gas on one day will do absolutely nothing. As a matter of fact, it's kind of dangerous because people think they have done something when in fact they have done nothing but put off getting gas for one day. Then, they will not do something that could actually make a difference, like writing to thier congress person or buying a gas efficient car. This is like saying, "I'm not gonna smoke for one day, that'll show that tobacco company!" and then you just continue to smoke after that. It's a good idea in theory, but in practice it will not make a difference. Not unless we boycotted driving for a month. Oil has us right where it wants us, and ignoring it for a day won't make it go away.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X