I Hate Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Hate Cars

Am I the only one that seems to always have some sort of problem with their car? In the last 2 weeks, I've been in an accident, had 2 flat tires, my car got towed (the reason makes absolutely no sense), and today my "check engine" light came on. To me, cars are more of a hassle than anything else. Sorry, I just needed to vent.
    Last edited by BleedforBroncos; 05-13-2007, 10:29 PM.

R.I.P. Darrent & Damien

I got a flat tire today! It was a pain in the butt!!!

Comment

O I know what you mean.

I had an overheating problem, blown fan fuse, turns out a bad air pump causes that in Camaros. So had to get a new air pump and cats. Cool thought car was done.

Get it back turns out that I have a lifter going out, not cool. On top of that my fuel pump does not seem to want to pump any fuel. So after about $2,300 I still have a car that is not running!

Yes I totally know what you mean!
      Thanks WhiteDragon!

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=85326 Last years 1st RD Mock
      GM Draft-#24-CB Aqib Talib Kansas
      #54-WR Earl Bennett Vandy
      #85-G Roy Schuening OSU
      #114(via HOU-Pacman Trade) TE Brad Cottam TEN
      #120 LB Ben Moffit USF
      Block: TE Troupe RB Brown DT Starks

Comment

Im pleased to say, I dont even own a car.

Comment

Unfortunatly despite my love of cars, I always seem to have bad luck with them. My first one blew up rather impressively about 100 miles from home. Now my current car (the BMW) has recently had a few gremlins creeping in. Thankfully so far nothing expensive.
          "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
          Ayrton Senna..

Comment

You should talk to my hubby! He goes through one every 6 months!

Keeps me broke! I wish he'd just give up and take the damn bus.
            COPYWRITED MATERIAL Copyright © 1975 by Dr Velcro

Comment

If your CEL is on, go to Vato Zone and have them diagnose it. As long as your car is OBD II they should diagnose it for free. Chances are, it's probably something like an oxygen sensor, mass air sensor, or something else small and cheap to replace.
              Originally posted by Soldier96B
              i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Originally posted by lex
                Im pleased to say, I dont even own a car.
                What? I guess you run everywhere?

Thank goodness for mass transit, huh Lex?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred the Bunny

not to change the subject but is this the only section you post in? lol

but ya sometimes you just need to take real good care of your car and it will be good back to you...my dad once bought a $200 work car and it lasted him 5 years without any trouble at all.....as for your check engine light that is usually nothing it is usually just a bad...ahh snap cant remember wut its called....but its just like a bad filter
                  "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by Fred the Bunny

No doubt. Having a car became more trouble than it was worth...it was kind of unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos86

but ya sometimes you just need to take real good care of your car and it will be good back to you...my dad once bought a $200 work car and it lasted him 5 years without any trouble at all.....as for your check engine light that is usually nothing it is usually just a bad...ahh snap cant remember wut its called....but its just like a bad filter
                      If only that were true...

A check engine light can mean any number of things. Some cars check engine or service light comes on when it's time for an oil change and can be reset when changed.

It could be any one of your sensors, of which there are a lot. It could be noise in the engine (knock sensor), it could be an engine misfire (ignition system, it could be just about anything.

Take your car to autozone and ask them to check the codes. It could be something ridiculous, it might be something serious.

Don't drive around with that light on. Go get it checked. If it's silly, good, if not, you could've just saved yourself a ton of money.

good luck.

Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
                      ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

Originally posted by BleedforBroncos
                        Am I the only one that seems to always have some sort of problem with their car? In the last 2 weeks, I've been in an accident, had 2 flat tires, my car got towed (the reason makes absolutely no sense), and today my "check engine" light came on. To me, cars are more of a hassle than anything else. Sorry, I just needed to vent.
                        Car or truck troubles really suck. I feel for ya.

I recommend Toyotas. I keep the oil clean, and try not to drive like an a$$, and I've got 263,000 on it and still going strong.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Davii
                          If only that were true...

A check engine light can mean any number of things. Some cars check engine or service light comes on when it's time for an oil change and can be reset when changed.

It could be any one of your sensors, of which there are a lot. It could be noise in the engine (knock sensor), it could be an engine misfire (ignition system, it could be just about anything.

Take your car to autozone and ask them to check the codes. It could be something ridiculous, it might be something serious.

Don't drive around with that light on. Go get it checked. If it's silly, good, if not, you could've just saved yourself a ton of money.

good luck.
                          Exactly. Usually, if your car is still running well and the CEL comes on, it's something minor that could get bad quickly if it isn't repaired with haste, like oxygen sensors. But like I said before, and like Davii said, go to Vato Zone and get it scanned real fast.

What kind of car anyway?
                          Originally posted by Soldier96B
                          i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos86

In a word....yes.

I am at work, so I really don't need to be here to begin with. Plus I'm a Colts fan. However, I have become attached to a few members who come in here and like to see what they have to say in ABF.

I like taking short breaks while I'm working and need to look at something else for awhile.

Dumerville was one of my boys (U of L Cards) and I'm kind of rooting for the Broncos this upcoming season.

Comment

Originally posted by slickdonkey7
                              Car or truck troubles really suck. I feel for ya.

I recommend Toyotas. I keep the oil clean, and try not to drive like an a$$, and I've got 263,000 on it and still going strong.

Good luck.
                              Change your oil, don't rag on your car, etc. and any vehicle will last a long long time. I had 197,000 on my 4 cyl S-10 that I actually used to tow my boat and occasionally someones car.

Never had a problem that cost over 100$ to fix. Well, until I totaled it. lol

Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
                              ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

Working...
                              X