10 days ago Carjacker Beats 91-Year-Old Man as Bystanders Look On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 days ago Carjacker Beats 91-Year-Old Man as Bystanders Look On

DETROIT — A convenience store surveillance video shows each punch 91-year-old Leonard Sims took to the side of his face during a carjacking.

But the tape also caught a group of people standing only feet away who either didn't see the attack or chose not to get involved.

"You can't really tell what they were focusing on," Maria Miller, a spokeswoman for the Wayne County prosecutor's office, said Monday.

Miller said at least one bystander did report the May 4 attack outside the store in Detroit.

Sims was outside his car in the store parking lot about 8:30 p.m. when a man walked up and asked for a light for his cigarette, according to the prosecutor's office.

The man then punched Sims at least a half-dozen times in the side of his head while Sims held onto the car door. The video also shows the man using the door to knock Sims to the ground before taking the keys and driving off in the 2005 Chevy Malibu.

Detroit police arrested the man last Thursday following a foot chase in Warren, just north of Detroit.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,272081,00.html

ALL THOSE BYSTANDERS SHOULD BE SHOT, I WOULD LOVE TO SHOOT THEM!!!!
    GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

[

denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

i would have kicked him where the sun dont shine than i would have stomped him to death, i dont care i would accept man slaughter charges, the attacker deserved to die!!
    GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

[

denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

Comment

Absolutely disgusting.

I think I heard that the guy is facing life in prison. I feel it is well deserved - they should lock him up and throw away the key.
      The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

What a jack ass.

when hes 91 we should go beat him up.
        white sox are done, broncos looking strong, lakers gonna win it all again.

Originally posted by raylewis52
        you guys are the saddest team in nfl right now! 8-8 will win the west,.thats just a joke. there will be 6-8 teams sitting home with better records,
        smart fans, eh?

Comment

I would of fought for the poor guy, i hate to see people getting beat on.

Comment

he beat him up, and i agree that it was cruel......but he doesn't deserve to die.....
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by antiwup
              ALL THOSE BYSTANDERS SHOULD BE SHOT, I WOULD LOVE TO SHOOT THEM!!!!
              And what exactly will this solve?
              sigpic

Comment

The guy probably couldn't beat up a normal sized person so he attacks an old guy. The prisoners are gonna eat this one up.

"What are you in here for?" "Manslaughter." "Homicide." "Attacking a 91-Year Old Man".

Horrible person. This is just sad.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                2. Taxes
                3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

It's Detroit, you really can't blame the people for being desensitized to this sort of crime. People get mugged and cars get stolen every day, it is only natural people stay back. For what these people know the carjacker could have had a gun. I should definitely risk my life to save a 91 year old man from getting his ass kicked when I have a young child at home. Yeah, we should definitely shoot this people! Sorry, you can't immediately assume the bystanders are at fault. Know what the first 3 letters of assume are.

Comment

Working...
                  X