Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You will never believe what I did this morning

I filled up!!!

I got 91 Octane for my car, went home, took the wife's car and filled hers up to!!!

I'm boycotting the boycott!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Soldier96B
    i also took a crap and it was orange

you

are

not

hip

and

all

that

jive

sigpic

Comment

I will fill up the work truck today as well. I have no choice I have got to work. It will get 250 gallons. Oh yeah did I mention its propane. Yep the entire fleet for Schwans is propane. From the cars to the Semis all propane. What a smart company.
      Thanks for the Sig "rjent"sigpic

Comment

I also filled up my neighbors 2006 F-250 PSD...cost him $80 and then I drove it to work. Lots of black smoke under heavy acceleration. It's great.

Comment

We are buying some today too, but not filling up!!!

Comment

I have to get some gas today, on my way to work my gas light came on...OOPS!
            Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Originally posted by SeeingRed
              I filled up!!!

I got 91 Octane for my car, went home, took the wife's car and filled hers up to!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Man I wish I could afford the Premium! Get gas if you want, I think the protest is pretty ineffective myself. But aren't you a little disturbed by the fact that we are probably getting ripped off at the pump? If the oil companies were raising prices merely to keep up with supply and barrel cost, they should not be making record profits. I'm not filling up today in protest, I just can't afford to until friday. I'm happy for you if you can afford being ripped off, I personally can't take it anymore.

Comment

I filled up!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

what's premium going for in ur area?

91 is 3.63 out here in cali and that seems cheap

Comment

Originally posted by MasterShake
                  Man I wish I could afford the Premium! Get gas if you want, I think the protest is pretty ineffective myself. But aren't you a little disturbed by the fact that we are probably getting ripped off at the pump? If the oil companies were raising prices merely to keep up with supply and barrel cost, they should not be making record profits. I'm not filling up today in protest, I just can't afford to until friday. I'm happy for you if you can afford being ripped off, I personally can't take it anymore.

I heard one of the gas companies president's pulled a $1.2 million BONUS!! Yea...their hurting.
                  Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

I fill the Mustang up once every two weeks. The wife fills her CR-V up once per week. I never look at prices, but I think it was $3.18 for premium.

The protest is completely ineffective for two reasons; a) anyone with a brain wouldn't participate and b) the demand isn't changing.

I figure gas in to my budget every month. I always round up. I calculate the cost at $4.00/gallon so I never over shoot my budget. I got paid today, so I filled up my car and my wife's car...it's a routine.

Comment

Actually there are a lot of reasons behind the record profits, most of them are not related to price gouging.

First, we as Americans, use more gas now than ever before. Much more is sold than previously. Since we import not only oil, but actually gas itself, it's pretty obvious that every drop refined within the US is used. How many companies can say that everything they manufacture is used, no surplus.

Second, as discussed previously, there hasn't been a refinery built in over 20 years. The bills for making/upgrading them etc have all been paid which reduces overhead.

Third, they have the market to the point now where they raise prices if they expect an increase in oil prices. They make sure the gas prices coming out of the pumps reflects the current price of oil (if higher than the oil the gas was produced from) and not the other way around.

No, the oil companies aren't your friend and they certainly are the worst price fixers in our economy now. But they're not as bad as everyone thinks.

Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
                      ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

I fill the Mustang up once every two weeks. The wife fills her CR-V up once per week. I never look at prices, but I think it was $3.18 for premium.

The protest is completely ineffective for two reasons; a) anyone with a brain wouldn't participate and b) the demand isn't changing.

I figure gas in to my budget every month. I always round up. I calculate the cost at $4.00/gallon so I never over shoot my budget. I got paid today, so I filled up my car and my wife's car...it's a routine.
                        Filled up the Dodge Ram this morning. $2.68 a gallon here. 21.3 gallons.

Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
                        ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Comment

Originally posted by Davii
                          Filled up the Dodge Ram this morning. $2.68 a gallon here. 21.3 gallons.
                          Not too bad. I filled the wife's Honda up at $2.89 (I think) and only put 9 gallons in. Not too bad. My car with premium was only 8.5 gallons as well. I don't drive it much.

Comment

Yup, I agree the protest is pretty weak. Like I said, I think not getting gas today is like a hardcore smoker saying, "I'm not gonna smoke today, that'll show 'em." The only thing thats gonna work is a new fuel source like hydrogen or something. My theory is that we are on the verge of new technology, and the oil companies know it and they are squeezing out as much money as they can while they can. I'm not gonna buy an electric car unless it can get me through another Colorado winter. But, I would buy a car that used an alternate fuel source in a heartbeat if they made one that didn't look like a tin can. In the meantime, I take as much public transportation as I can and only drive my big truck when I go to the mountains and what not. I'm not sure I could go 4 wheelin in a Prius. They need to bridge the gap between fuel economy and practicality (SP?).

Comment

Get an all-wheel-drive Ford Escape Hybrid.

Comment

Working...
                              X