Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get Off Of Our Backs, I Don't Ever Want To Hear Another Word About My City Again!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Get Off Of Our Backs, I Don't Ever Want To Hear Another Word About My City Again!!!

    Okay, I know, I know, Kansas City is a nice little dumpy city in the Midwest, it's got a lot of crime and a lot of abandonment, but I recently visited my sister who took a job with a major law firm in MEMPHIS, I can't believe she's going to stay there, in fact, she hates it. You talk about a dump, even Detroit and Kansas City put together look better than Memphis. By the way, for any of you Southern Crunkers out there, could you please explain to me why every African-American in Memphis finds it necessary to listen to Lil' John, Ying Yang Twins and Chingy? Give me a freaking break. Anyways, I'm happy for my sister, she's came a long way, she just finished law school and she got a great offer from this firm, but still, MEMPHIS is one heck of a dump, I knew I was in the wrong place when I got off the freeway and was on a road with 4 abandoned buildings and bums were sleeping on the sidewalk. We have that in Kansas City, but at least our bums have the decency to stay inside the abandoned building!


    Anyways, this is useless information I thought you all might want to chew on!
    [QUOTE]
    If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991


    The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

  • #2
    gee i feel sorry for you both,, you should try the country man, fresh air lotss of elbow room
    sigpic
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Get Off Of Our Backs, I Don't Ever Want To Hear Another Word About My City Again!!!

      Originally posted by THE SHIELD
      Okay, I know, I know, Kansas City is a nice little dumpy city in the Midwest, it's got a lot of crime and a lot of abandonment, but I recently visited my sister who took a job with a major law firm in MEMPHIS, I can't believe she's going to stay there, in fact, she hates it. You talk about a dump, even Detroit and Kansas City put together look better than Memphis. By the way, for any of you Southern Crunkers out there, could you please explain to me why every African-American in Memphis finds it necessary to listen to Lil' John, Ying Yang Twins and Chingy? Give me a freaking break. Anyways, I'm happy for my sister, she's came a long way, she just finished law school and she got a great offer from this firm, but still, MEMPHIS is one heck of a dump, I knew I was in the wrong place when I got off the freeway and was on a road with 4 abandoned buildings and bums were sleeping on the sidewalk. We have that in Kansas City, but at least our bums have the decency to stay inside the abandoned building!


      Anyways, this is useless information I thought you all might want to chew on!

      You can take our bums too.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Get Off Of Our Backs, I Don't Ever Want To Hear Another Word About My City Again!!!

        Originally posted by THE SHIELD
        but at least our bums have the decency to stay inside the abandoned building!
        OMG...you had me rolling with this comment!!

        I live in St. Louis so I know how bad crime can be. The northern part of St. Louis city is really bad. East St. Louis Illinois is bad as well.

        Anyway, watch your back my brotha! And best of luck to your sis, that is awesome!!


        "Gateway leading to the AFC West"

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Get Off Of Our Backs, I Don't Ever Want To Hear Another Word About My City Again!!!

          Originally posted by THE SHIELD
          ..... explain to me why every African-American in ...........
          i just dont understand that term. i consider it to be on the racist side and segregation is not a good thing. if everyone was to be named after their heritage, simplicity would be abolished. i for example would no longer be white, id be "Irish American." just a thought.. dont hate or love me for saying it, dont even think about it if you dont want to.
          mum's the word.. cause it seems no matter what i say right here, it always gets deleted.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Re: Get Off Of Our Backs, I Don't Ever Want To Hear Another Word About My City Again!!!

            Originally posted by GoDenver
            i just dont understand that term. i consider it to be on the racist side and segregation is not a good thing. if everyone was to be named after their heritage, simplicity would be abolished. i for example would no longer be white, id be "Irish American." just a thought.. dont hate or love me for saying it, dont even think about it if you dont want to.

            Your almost right. If you want a more accurate analogy, it would be-


            Black American is to African American

            as

            White American is to European American


            Irish American is a little too specific.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Re: Get Off Of Our Backs, I Don't Ever Want To Hear Another Word About My City Again!!!

              Originally posted by GoDenver
              i just dont understand that term. i consider it to be on the racist side and segregation is not a good thing. if everyone was to be named after their heritage, simplicity would be abolished. i for example would no longer be white, id be "Irish American." just a thought.. dont hate or love me for saying it, dont even think about it if you dont want to.

              Well, (potty-word), since I'm black, I'd prefer you call me African-American rather than (N-word)!
              Last edited by Broncs Bomber; 06-03-2004, 01:27 PM.
              [QUOTE]
              If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991


              The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

              Comment


              • #8
                Would it offend you if I just called you an American? The only colors that matter to me are the colors of your jerseys.. BTW, yours suck!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by horsesense
                  Would it offend you if I just called you an American? The only colors that matter to me are the colors of your jerseys.. BTW, yours suck!
                  You better learn to love them becuase you'll be wearing those colors.
                  The guy in my avatar's not even in the league anymore.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    LMAO, I was wondering how long it would take you to catch that.
                    Good one! Hopefully the Avon sales pick up for ya. Id hate for you to have to go in hiding over a silly bet. Keep pounding the pavement. Ding Dong!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by horsesense
                      LMAO, I was wondering how long it would take you to catch that.
                      Good one! Hopefully the Avon sales pick up for ya. Id hate for you to have to go in hiding over a silly bet. Keep pounding the pavement. Ding Dong!!
                      Hey don't worry about me you just better hope selling stolen Cd's from out the trunk of somones Chevy is going to get you enough cash for that jersey LOL.

                      And I will honor our bet you can believe that! It's you Im worried about. It's you who's not going to show up on the board after the upset.
                      Last edited by The X-Factor 82; 06-03-2004, 02:15 PM.
                      The guy in my avatar's not even in the league anymore.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        You should all move up here to Anchorage Alaska, very little crime and thee most beautiful city in the world.
                        WE ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by dandaman23
                          You should all move up here to Anchorage Alaska, very little crime and thee most beautiful city in the world.
                          Very little women also.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Re: Re: Get Off Of Our Backs, I Don't Ever Want To Hear Another Word About My City Again!!!

                            Originally posted by THE SHIELD
                            Well, (potty-word), since I'm black, I'd prefer you call me African-American rather than (N-word)!
                            why not lame-0? or the shield? or chef fan? nerdy? wanna be Bronco fan? <-- hopefully you're fine with one of those cause you're the one who brought up ("N-word"). that word only defines people's ignorance man.. its not good. and european american is a little too vague for me, you can be more specific and its all good. Irish American. that'l work. or white, white guy, that guy with white skin.... that guy with white skin and tattoo's. nah... all that stuff's too specific (dark knight) so white will be just fine. thanks.

                            p.s. any color is frikkin fine with me so long as she has a really, really, really nice ass.... oh ya, and wont expect me to call her.
                            mum's the word.. cause it seems no matter what i say right here, it always gets deleted.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Did anyone see that Chapelle Show where he was a blind guy who grew up thinking he was white. He was a white supremicy leader and found out he was black and divorced his wife of 18 years...he said it was cuz she was a N lover.


                              The earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens
                              Baha'u'llah

                              "Everyone takes turns making mistakes in poker. The trick is to skip your turn."
                              Mike Caro

                              "The all-in play works every time but once"


                              You can observe a lot just by watching.
                              Yogi Berra

                              every year.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X