X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sneakers
    replied
    Originally posted by Chicago-Broncofreak
    Ouch is right. That must be the only way it could go up that much...is there a way that you could change the envelope size you ship? Perhaps ship in multiple standard envelopes?

I had to pay a lot more for sending square wedding invitations, even though they weighed the same as regular cards...weird rules I guess...

Good luck with business...
    It isn't the size of the envelope that is the matter, it is the bubble wrap that I use to protect the cards causes the thickness of the envelope to be greater than 1/4th inch.

But I am not going to sacrifice quality of packaging/safety of the card for this.

Leave a comment:

• sneakers
    replied
    Originally posted by darrent/hero
    really?? i go their every year.
    If you need lodging, and want to stay at the Hilton by the Menona Terrace (that's were it is held, right?) PM me and I probably can set you up with the friends/family rate.

Leave a comment:

• Chicago-Broncofreak
    replied
    Originally posted by sneakers
    As you may know USPS rates have gone up. For most of you postage has gone from $0.39 to $0.41. But for those who own an ebay business like me, (I sell star wars cards, how nerdy is that?) the cost of shipping my cards out has gone up over 100%!!!!

I guess the USPS judges their rates on volume now, and not just weight. So now it costs me $1.13 to mail out a 6"x9" envelope with bubble wrap, when just a week ago it cost me only $0.52!!

I might have to reexamine my rates.

Thanks for letting me vent.
    Ouch is right. That must be the only way it could go up that much...is there a way that you could change the envelope size you ship? Perhaps ship in multiple standard envelopes?

I had to pay a lot more for sending square wedding invitations, even though they weighed the same as regular cards...weird rules I guess...

Good luck with business...

Leave a comment:

• darrent/hero
    replied
    Yup, I work full time at a hotel, but this helps me out a great deal!

They host it right by my hotel, so I see it, and all the canoe people stay at my hotel.
    really?? i go their every year.

Leave a comment:

• sneakers
    replied
    is this just like a side job to earn a little extra cash??
    Yup, I work full time at a hotel, but this helps me out a great deal!

hey sneakers, i just noticed that you live in Madison, do you ever go to CanoeCopia in March? they have it like once a year
    They host it right by my hotel, so I see it, and all the canoe people stay at my hotel.

Leave a comment:

• darrent/hero
    replied
    hey sneakers, i just noticed that you live in Madison, do you ever go to CanoeCopia in March? they have it like once a year

Leave a comment:

• darrent/hero
    replied
    Even nerdier than that. They are Star Wars Customizable Card Game cards (like Magic cards )
    is this just like a side job to earn a little extra cash??

Leave a comment:

• sneakers
    replied
    Star Wars Cards?

do you happen to have the 1994 Yoda holographic card?? just kidding man
    Even nerdier than that. They are Star Wars Customizable Card Game cards (like Magic cards )

Leave a comment:

• darrent/hero
    replied
    As you may know USPS rates have gone up. For most of you postage has gone from $0.39 to $0.41. But for those who own an ebay business like me, (I sell star wars cards, how nerdy is that?) the cost of shipping my cards out has gone up over 100%!!!!

I guess the USPS judges their rates on volume now, and not just weight. So now it costs me $1.13 to mail out a 6"x9" envelope with bubble wrap, when just a week ago it cost me only $0.52!!

Star Wars Cards?

do you happen to have the 1994 Yoda holographic card?? just kidding man

Leave a comment:

• sneakers
    started a topic Ouch for sneakers

Ouch for sneakers

Working...
X