Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My (pretty much finished) demo

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My (pretty much finished) demo

    Alright, without further delay...



    http://media.putfile.com/Stripeys-Cafe
    Last edited by Nick7; 05-17-2007, 08:50 PM.
    Go Huskers.

  • #2
    Metal is teh ghey
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      The transition between 1:14 and 1:16 (rough estimate) didn't make much sense to me, needs to be a little build up before you go into thicker notes. Same thing at about 2:44. . . maybe a better transition? Otherwise, I really liked it man. I'm proud of you. I was looking at new guitars and amps tonight, because Christmas is gonna come a little early after I get a job. . .

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Dream
        The transition between 1:14 and 1:16 (rough estimate) didn't make much sense to me, needs to be a little build up before you go into thicker notes. Same thing at about 2:44. . . maybe a better transition? Otherwise, I really liked it man. I'm proud of you. I was looking at new guitars and amps tonight, because Christmas is gonna come a little early after I get a job. . .
        Yeah, it was recorded with two weeks
        of space in between, so they weren't
        in tune perfectly.

        You gotta bear with me, it sounds pretty
        smooth when it all played at once.


        What kinda gear do you have in mind?
        Go Huskers.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
          Metal is teh ghey
          Really?


          I have more talent in my two hands
          than all rappers combined.


          That's not being cocky, that's being
          a realist.
          Go Huskers.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Nick7
            Yeah, it was recorded with two weeks
            of space in between, so they weren't
            in tune perfectly.

            You gotta bear with me, it sounds pretty
            smooth when it all played at once.


            What kinda gear do you have in mind?
            I've been looking at a lot of Paul Reed Smith's lately mostly because I want a guitar that's more versatile than just being able to play one specific kind of music. I like my ESP, and I like how I can get the thick notes, and I can do some other things too - but right now I'm looking particularly at the Paul Reed Smith, Custom Semi-Hollowbody. I love the original finish, and I've had the pleasure of playing the Custom that's not a SH and it's really, really nice.

            PRS Custom SH

            I'm guessing that'll be around 600 or so, I'll do the monthly payment plan.

            As far as an amp, I'm keeping my options open. I'd love to get a half-stack like I used to have (sold it before I went to school) or something that's at least a 2x12 combo so it has enough power to have an extension or just to get some different tone. I'm interested in the Line 6 modulating amps, but I'm keeping my options open. The Duoverbs aren't really made anymore, but when I played one at a store, I liked it - but the Flextones are pretty similar. I might go back to Marshall again, but I'm not sure.

            I'm looking more into the softer rock or blues type stuff. Maybe some "Phish" type music, something a little funky too.

            I'm thinking an amp can wait. There's a dealership in Fargo that gets Orange amplifiers in cheap, and as long as they're under a certain price, students at NDSU get a discount. Even if it's only the 30 watt Orange amp, I'd take it because they're just so damn fine.

            But yeah man, I hear you with the recording. Recording was always a very, very crappy part about being in a band. Granted, I have none of the few songs I recorded back when I was 16 on me, but it was a painful process. Outside having a friend who would help run our old crappy equipment, I couldn't have anyone else in the room when I was "shredding" (I use this term, because I was an insane metal maniac.) because it just messed up the aura.

            Keep up the good work, and if you ever want to talk guitar or anything, let me know.

            I'm glad to see fellow musicians like you on the board doing what they can!
            Last edited by Dream; 05-18-2007, 04:00 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
              Metal is teh ghey

              What an intelligent post.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Dream
                I've been looking at a lot of Paul Reed Smith's lately mostly because I want a guitar that's more versatile than just being able to play one specific kind of music. I like my ESP, and I like how I can get the thick notes, and I can do some other things too - but right now I'm looking particularly at the Paul Reed Smith, Custom Semi-Hollowbody. I love the original finish, and I've had the pleasure of playing the Custom that's not a SH and it's really, really nice.

                PRS Custom SH

                I'm guessing that'll be around 600 or so, I'll do the monthly payment plan.

                As far as an amp, I'm keeping my options open. I'd love to get a half-stack like I used to have (sold it before I went to school) or something that's at least a 2x12 combo so it has enough power to have an extension or just to get some different tone. I'm interested in the Line 6 modulating amps, but I'm keeping my options open. The Duoverbs aren't really made anymore, but when I played one at a store, I liked it - but the Flextones are pretty similar. I might go back to Marshall again, but I'm not sure.

                I'm looking more into the softer rock or blues type stuff. Maybe some "Phish" type music, something a little funky too.

                I'm thinking an amp can wait. There's a dealership in Fargo that gets Orange amplifiers in cheap, and as long as they're under a certain price, students at NDSU get a discount. Even if it's only the 30 watt Orange amp, I'd take it because they're just so damn fine.

                But yeah man, I hear you with the recording. Recording was always a very, very crappy part about being in a band. Granted, I have none of the few songs I recorded back when I was 16 on me, but it was a painful process. Outside having a friend who would help run our old crappy equipment, I couldn't have anyone else in the room when I was "shredding" (I use this term, because I was an insane metal maniac.) because it just messed up the aura.

                Keep up the good work, and if you ever want to talk guitar or anything, let me know.

                I'm glad to see fellow musicians like you on the board doing what they can!
                Yeah, PRS makes some sweet guitars.

                My dad has a Line 6 Spider 2, and that
                can get some very versatile sounds on it.
                Go Huskers.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Nick are you planning on putting vocals into that song?

                  I remember you talking about something like that in your other demo thread.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Nick7
                    Yeah, PRS makes some sweet guitars.

                    My dad has a Line 6 Spider 2, and that
                    can get some very versatile sounds on it.
                    Sweet. I watched the Slipknot recording sessions on Line 6's website when Mick and Jim were trying out the Spider II's - they sounded pretty wicked.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
                      Nick are you planning on putting vocals into that song?

                      I remember you talking about something like that in your other demo thread.

                      It's possible, but not likely.


                      The style of vocals that fit
                      for this song can't be acheived
                      by many other 15-yo's.


                      I would be thrilled if my
                      guitar teacher would lay
                      down some vocal tracks, but
                      it's all cool if he doesn't.
                      Go Huskers.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Nick7
                        It's possible, but not likely.


                        The style of vocals that fit
                        for this song can't be acheived
                        by many other 15-yo's.


                        I would be thrilled if my
                        guitar teacher would lay
                        down some vocal tracks, but
                        it's all cool if he doesn't.
                        Ha maybe in 3 years.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          to be honest I think it's a little repetitive and the drum machine or whatever is very annoying.

                          And I would of liked to have heard a solo.
                          the space that is mine



                          We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            A fat Dimebag solo would have been G.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by tpryce93
                              to be honest I think it's a little repetitive and the drum machine or whatever is very annoying.

                              And I would of liked to have heard a solo.
                              Originally posted by tpryce93
                              so your one of those people that if it doesn't have a solo in it it sucks?
                              This is what you said to me when I said I wasn't
                              too high on a band for not having a solo.


                              Irony aside, a solo would've been out of place in the
                              song, IMO. At least from my stance.

                              About 3 weeks ago, I brought in some more Meshuggah
                              to work on for my guitar lessons. My guitar decided that
                              instead of teaching me more music other people wrote, to
                              start writing my own.

                              He burnt me a CD of drum tracks that I would write riffs to.
                              I did that in 1 week, and we started recording it.

                              I'm sure you're trying to make constructive criticism, but I
                              find it hard to believe that someone who listens to CC
                              thinks other music is repetitive.
                              Go Huskers.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X