Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, Ladies, I'm dying to know what you think about this...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ok, Ladies, I'm dying to know what you think about this...

    Guys can respond too, of course, I always value your opinions...

    So I have been thinking about the new jerseys/hats/shirts they're coming out with for sports (mainly football, cuz it's the best sport ever, but I have seen some baseball stuff too) stuff that they're making PINK for crying out loud...

    I get that they're trying to market the stuff toward women, but I find it kind of degrading... like we won't be sports fans if they won't make the stuff pink? They have to make it more 'girlie' for us?

    I say wear your team colors proud, girls!



    What do you think? Am I overreacting? Maybe you like the pink stuff? I could be totally wrong here, I just say if I am a fan, it's the Blue and Orange for me...
    sigpic

  • #2
    I've seen them about and when I went out to get my Bailey jersey they had either pink, blue or orange in the ladies section, I went for the Orange. My 9 year old wants the pink one. Pink is not my team's color so why would I grab that? I love pink, but not for my orange and blue Broncos. Guess I'll grab the one for my daughter....hey, the football passion has to start somewhere.
    Ready for the friggen season already!

    Comment


    • #3
      I keep seeing them and I know someone who sells them. I keep thinking that it'd be a good gag gift for a friend of mine who hates the color pink.

      Comment


      • #4
        im perhaps not a lady maybe...

        but i know wrong when i see it...

        and pink is wrong!!!



        but if it makes sales for hem i guess its better than nothing...


        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          The ladies may like it if it had Cutler (the 2007 edition) on it, the Plummer jersey is old fashioned (retired).
          Emancipate your mind!
          The People's Poster

          Comment


          • #6
            I would rather go weeks without petting my "cat" then be caught dead wearing one of those...and my goddaughters will not wear them either!!!


            Comment


            • #7
              They have it in NASCAR, too.

              I do not like pink. Wear the team's colors proudly!


              I do have a pink O's hat. Free give-away at a game. I think it was for breast cancer awareness. That pink is okay.
              Administrator
              sigpic

              #LupusAwareness

              #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

              "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by redbirdy80
                Guys can respond too, of course, I always value your opinions...

                So I have been thinking about the new jerseys/hats/shirts they're coming out with for sports (mainly football, cuz it's the best sport ever, but I have seen some baseball stuff too) stuff that they're making PINK for crying out loud...

                I get that they're trying to market the stuff toward women, but I find it kind of degrading... like we won't be sports fans if they won't make the stuff pink? They have to make it more 'girlie' for us?

                I say wear your team colors proud, girls!



                What do you think? Am I overreacting? Maybe you like the pink stuff? I could be totally wrong here, I just say if I am a fan, it's the Blue and Orange for me...

                they started with the pink stuff with some proceeds going towards breast cancer
                if i remember correctly

                i think its crazy seeing all these team hats and what not in everycolor of the rainbow but then again i have no style, i guess. seeing people wearing a hat or jersey with diff. colors other than what they are supposed to be is just crazy to me.
                part of being a fan is wearing your colors proud
                having your teams logo on another color is just plain sad
                sigpic

                sig by B4B6..

                Comment


                • #9
                  I hear they're going to make the Raiders start wearing pink if they get swept by the division again this year.

                  Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

                  Code Of Conduct
                  ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I hate the whole 'Women will buy it if it's pink!' BS!

                    No they won't! People who like the colour pink will buy it, but it's not attractive to everyone with ovaries!

                    IT's not just the sports teams that are 'marketing' this crap, but also the major sporting companis. I hate going to buy new trainers and the only colours are pink/purple/turquoise blah blah blah. Gimme black, red, grey, silver you b'stards!

                    I don't need a dumb colour to prove I'm female. I find the breasts I have do a bloody good job of proving that!

                    Gimme stuff in the team colours, or sod off!



                    That said, I do like the baseball bats in pink for Breat Cancer awareness, but as long as the funds ARE going towards a charity and not just some crap attempt to hook female fans, I don't mind.

                    I find donating directly to a charity works just as well as wearing some pink piece of crap!
                    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter




                    formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                    I adopted Skywalker

                    I have been adopted by Chris Wade

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Honestly I think the pink stuff is for the not-so-die-hard fans...

                      Most of the ladies here don't fit that category so of course they would want to wear actual team colors...

                      But women who are just out to flash some sports wear and still look feminine would probably go for the pink jerseys and such.....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by lynchembaby
                        they started with the pink stuff with some proceeds going towards breast cancer
                        if i remember correctly

                        i think its crazy seeing all these team hats and what not in everycolor of the rainbow but then again i have no style, i guess. seeing people wearing a hat or jersey with diff. colors other than what they are supposed to be is just crazy to me.
                        part of being a fan is wearing your colors proud
                        having your teams logo on another color is just plain sad
                        I know there is alot of "pink" stuff out there with the proceeds going towards breast cancer, but I do not remember that the sports items were sold for that purpose.

                        AND, NO PINK FOR ME - team colors ONLY!!!!!!


                        Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

                        Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I saw a pink #3 hat today. That is just wrong!
                          Administrator
                          sigpic

                          #LupusAwareness

                          #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

                          "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Don't worry ladies, you don't have to wear it (or anything) if you don't want to

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Kapaibro
                              I don't need a dumb colour to prove I'm female. I find the breasts I have do a bloody good job of proving that!
                              Miss. Kap,

                              As the representative of pink shirt companies everywhere I must ask that you provide photographic evidence of this statement.

                              If true, we will cease production.... Thank you for your help....

                              Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

                              Code Of Conduct
                              ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X