Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A WhoDey Update

Hello everyone.

It's been more than a week since the last time I've even called up this web site on my computer, so it's good to stop in.

I had a few PM's in my inbox, and I'm not even sure what one of them was in reference to, because I think the person who sent me the PM thought I'd read it in the context of something that was happening that day. Sorry, dogfish. I totally whiffed.

Anyway, I'm alive. There are two weeks or so left in the quarter, and I've got a ton of stuff left to do. I've got two profiles to write, I've got three pages to design for my Editing and Design class, I've got a PR kit to create for my Intro to Public Relations class, and another opinion column to write for the school's newspaper. On top of that, I've started my internship at a local magazine, and that's exciting. But they're piling on work so quickly, I can barely breathe.

In other news, I won $100 in a speech contest yesterday, and it looks like I'll be getting recognized at an award ceremony for journalism majors next week. I'm in the top 5 in the program at UC.

Life is hectic. Life is crazy.

Life is good.

Suffice to say, I haven't been on AIM lately, either. If you've seen me on AIM, it's because my computer restarted on its own and my AIM came back up. I assure you, it's not me. I haven't chatted on AIM in well over a month.

Anyhow, I hope all of you are well, and I know that a lot of stuff has happened since I've been gone. I want to hear all about it, but I'm afraid my ability to get online at the magazine is inhibited by the sheer amount of crap I have to get done.

:wave:
    HEAR ME ROAR!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
    Hello everyone.

It's been more than a week since the last time I've even called up this web site on my computer, so it's good to stop in.

I had a few PM's in my inbox, and I'm not even sure what one of them was in reference to, because I think the person who sent me the PM thought I'd read it in the context of something that was happening that day. Sorry, dogfish. I totally whiffed.

Anyway, I'm alive. There are two weeks or so left in the quarter, and I've got a ton of stuff left to do. I've got two profiles to write, I've got three pages to design for my Editing and Design class, I've got a PR kit to create for my Intro to Public Relations class, and another opinion column to write for the school's newspaper. On top of that, I've started my internship at a local magazine, and that's exciting. But they're piling on work so quickly, I can barely breathe.

In other news, I won $100 in a speech contest yesterday, and it looks like I'll be getting recognized at an award ceremony for journalism majors next week. I'm in the top 5 in the program at UC.

Life is good.

Suffice to say, I haven't been on AIM lately, either. If you've seen me on AIM, it's because my computer restarted on its own and my AIM came back up. I assure you, it's not me. I haven't chatted on AIM in well over a month.

Anyhow, I hope all of you are well, and I know that a lot of stuff has happened since I've been gone. I want to hear all about it, but I'm afraid my ability to get online at the magazine is inhibited by the sheer amount of crap I have to get done.

Good to hear from you :wave:
    Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Dear Whodey,

I love you and I miss you!

Good to hear that you are finding success with writing! Something that I envy you for! Good luck with finishing everything!
      ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

nice to see you Whodey
        white sox are done, broncos looking strong, lakers gonna win it all again.

Originally posted by raylewis52
        you guys are the saddest team in nfl right now! 8-8 will win the west,.thats just a joke. there will be 6-8 teams sitting home with better records,
        smart fans, eh?

Comment

Nice to see ya! Definately been missed around here, but it looks like it is all for good cause.

Congrats on the award, you had to know they would be coming!! Being extremely busy is better than having nothing going on at all.

Keep up the great work and stop in when you can!
          Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Originally posted by Snapping Turtle
            Dear Whodey,

I love you and I miss you!

Good to hear that you are finding success with writing! Something that I envy you for! Good luck with finishing everything!
            You can do it, too!

If you like to write and have a passion for tracking down information (and it doesn't hurt to be a complete attention whore like me, either), then you'd be a good fit for it!
            HEAR ME ROAR!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Giveemlove
              Nice to see ya! Definately been missed around here, but it looks like it is all for good cause.

Congrats on the award, you had to know they would be coming!! Being extremely busy is better than having nothing going on at all.

Keep up the great work and stop in when you can!
              They're going to give me a piece of paper in a picture frame or something.

Know what I really want, though?

A trophy.

It doesn't have to be a big trophy. A kindergartner's t-ball trophy would be fine.

I haven't won a trophy since I was in like, 7th grade.

Damn, I want a trophy.

If I win a cash prize for the journalism award, I'm gonna go buy one.

HEAR ME ROAR!
              sigpic

Comment

Who was I talking to on AIM then?
                Thanks, Reid!
                sigpic
                Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

You can do it, too!

If you like to write and have a passion for tracking down information (and it doesn't hurt to be a complete attention whore like me, either), then you'd be a good fit for it!

You need to keep me updated!
                  Administrator

sigpic

Comment

You can do it, too!

Well I'm gonna try!! I'll ask you for advice when the time comes.
                    ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon
                      Who was I talking to on AIM then?
                      That's an outstanding question.

Thankfully, I have an answer for you:

Whatever.
                      HEAR ME ROAR!
                      sigpic

Comment

You are SOOOOOOOOOOO Special. Proud of you, WhoDey, really I am.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by redbirdy80
                          You are SOOOOOOOOOOO Special. Proud of you, WhoDey, really I am.
                          *Shhhhhhh*

Don't tell anyone. :nono:
                          HEAR ME ROAR!
                          sigpic

Comment

*Shhhhhhh*

Don't tell anyone. :nono:
                            Hey, all I said was I'm proud.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hello everyone.

Life is good.

you mean you havent been here? funny i never even missed you

:
                              sigpic
                              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Working...
                              X