Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncomania96
    replied
    That happens on this board all the time someone rants on a stupid subject swears a few times, then appolozizes 10 minutes later (i have done that once before)

Leave a comment:

• saltybuggah
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!!
    well.. if THATS the case... then they shouldn't be apologizing. I mean.. Imus said something to get a reaction. But he was FORCED to apologize because there were some people that absolutely INTENTIONALLY blew it out of proportion. So there are cases where a person says something to get a reaction, and it blows up in their face, and they have no choice but to apologize.... just as silk says..... that comes from the suits up top.
    thats the dance monkey dance routine
    honestly do the suits up top think that the american population will just turn the other cheek cuz somebody says sorry the next day?

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by Giveemlove
    But it seems alot of the guys do it just to start the controversy and then when it's blown up they apologize and act like they didn't do it on purpose.
    well.. if THATS the case... then they shouldn't be apologizing. I mean.. Imus said something to get a reaction. But he was FORCED to apologize because there were some people that absolutely INTENTIONALLY blew it out of proportion. So there are cases where a person says something to get a reaction, and it blows up in their face, and they have no choice but to apologize.... just as silk says..... that comes from the suits up top.

Leave a comment:

• Giveemlove
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!!
    But isn't apologizing part of living and dealing with the consequences?

Plus, when you are in the spotlight, its not always easy to 'think before you speak' when you have people watching every single word that comes from your mouth.

Just look at the boards here. If you make an off-the-cuff remark, or intentionally exaggerated to make a point... you get PLOWED because you didn't provide the correct stats, you didn't provide a link, or you didn't do your homework. Its ridiculous.

Can you imagine if the same comments that were typed here were recorded when you spoke them? When you first react to a topic/question off the top of your head without the ability to edit yourself?

But it seems alot of the guys do it just to start the controversy and then when it's blown up they apologize and act like they didn't do it on purpose.

Leave a comment:

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    I would apologize too if I said something I meant through the media, got heat for it from above, and not apologizing would cost me my multi million $ job.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by Giveemlove
    If you are going to say something, DON'T apologize for it. Stick with your statement and live with the consequences of that statement. That or better yet, think before you speak!
    But isn't apologizing part of living and dealing with the consequences?

Plus, when you are in the spotlight, its not always easy to 'think before you speak' when you have people watching every single word that comes from your mouth.

Just look at the boards here. If you make an off-the-cuff remark, or intentionally exaggerated to make a point... you get PLOWED because you didn't provide the correct stats, you didn't provide a link, or you didn't do your homework. Its ridiculous.

Can you imagine if the same comments that were typed here were recorded when you spoke them? When you first react to a topic/question off the top of your head without the ability to edit yourself?

Leave a comment:

• Emancipator
    replied
    Shouldn't say things you don't mean.

Try not to make statements under the influence of stupid.

Hire a good PR man.

Leave a comment:

• BaileyTheBest
    replied
    *cough* Marvin Lewis *cough*

Leave a comment:

• Giveemlove
    replied
    If you are going to say something, DON'T apologize for it. Stick with your statement and live with the consequences of that statement. That or better yet, think before you speak!

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Plus... haven't we all said things that just came out at the moment, and were completely blown out of proportion? We all have. The difference is a million people don't hear our comments. We don't have 50 newspapers commenting, remarking and making their opinions on OUR opinions.

People are SOOOOOO quick to judge and jump on your case for ANYTHING that isn't perfectly PC..... they WANT to make a big, giant, mountain over nothing.

So I don't mind the apologies. Doesn't take away from anything, and it shows that at least they care about the image they are putting forth. I find the people that don't give a crap about others to be more irritating.

Leave a comment:

• SeeingRed
    replied
    I can't stand when someone says something then apologizes for it once they come under heat from the media. These people (celebs, athletes, TV personalities, and the likes) know that if they something that isn't PC or commonly accepted in the masses that they will come under fire. When sketchy things are said, people need to stand by it and not fold when the media puts pressure on them.

Leave a comment:

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    I would say 99% of the time when remarks are initially said, they are meant whole heartedly.

The apology comes in with a more authoritive person that doesn't agree with the comments, and forces them to make an a public apology, to save face so the organization doesn't look bad.

You'll rarely ever hear a Steinbrenner, or Al Davis, or any owners of organizations apologize for their remarks, because there isn't any one person that overrides them.

The comments are usually true. The apologies are what's not so honest.

Leave a comment:

• saltybuggah
    started a topic im sorry for saying that

im sorry for saying that

is it just me or do you get pissed when you hear sports people say that

i understand that these people are in the limelight 24-7 and they have to watch what they say all the time but do they really mean that they are sorry.

we hear it all the time now. a player/coach says this or that and then the next day or week that person comes out and apologizes for the remakes they made. what is the deal with that.

id respect a person more if they said what they meant and stuck with it rather than coming out the next day and saying "sorry"

its happening everyday when a person makes a remake and the media blows it open, then the apologies come after.

it seems to me that when players/coaches act like human beings and make mistakes somebody pulls the strings and forces them to be puppets.

so i guess ill start by saying im sorry for saying this if anyone if offended
Working...
X