Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McKeough
    I'm absolutely against hunting.

Disgusting, disgusting, disgusting. I really wish the boar would of turned, and impaled the kid.

Call me inhumane and stupid all you want, but this is just something I'm totally against. Animals in the wild just want to live their lives, not have to worry about suffering their entire lives (And I'm sure running for three hours with 8 bullets in you is suffering.)
    so am I. how the hell are they supposed to protect themselves?

it's terrible.

Comment

personally, i think hunting with a gun is weak.

But bow hunting is a lot better, takes a lot more talent than hunting with a rifle.
      the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Originally posted by tpryce93

But bow hunting is a lot better, takes a lot more talent than hunting with a rifle.
        Like Ted Nugent? As long as the people eat the thing they kill and aren't just doing it to say they got an eight point buck, I'm ok with hunting. I could never do it, but it helps thin herds to control disease. People forget that a lot of natural predators of deer and what not are gone and if the populations get too big they develop communicable diseases. Then there are rich idiots like **** Cheney who hunt fenced in birds that they pick out BEFORE they head out hunting who have had their wings clipped. How hard is that? The only hunting I've ever done is Duck Hunt on the Nintendo.

Comment

Yea i agree with mckeough, i sure wouldn't at all be mad if the pig or whatever it was eat the little kid......might of grin as a matter of fact.....(neg me, c'mon)

it took 8 bullets to bring a helpless animal down? kid wouldn't even last 1.....
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tpryce93

Bow hunting is a much more inhumane way to kill
            an animal, IMO. Same goes with killing a large animal
            with a pistol.

If you shoot it in the head w/ a gun akin to a Weatherby
            Magnum (sp?), the animal with feel about 0.0001 seconds of
            pain.
            Go Huskers.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgFanatic
              Yea i agree with mckeough, i sure wouldn't at all be mad if the pig or whatever it was eat the little kid......might of grin as a matter of fact.....(neg me, c'mon)

it took 8 bullets to bring a helpless animal down? kid wouldn't even last 1.....
              exactly.

you tryin to be like Saddle now?
              white sox are done, broncos looking strong, lakers gonna win it all again.

Originally posted by raylewis52
              you guys are the saddest team in nfl right now! 8-8 will win the west,.thats just a joke. there will be 6-8 teams sitting home with better records,
              smart fans, eh?

Comment

OMG!

lol thats insane

and to think at 11 i was exciteing for killing a garder snake outside

I still miss the blue background.

Comment

Am I the only one who finds it strange that an 11 year old, six years into his hunting career mind you, is pistol packing?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick7
                    Bow hunting is a much more inhumane way to kill
                    an animal, IMO. Same goes with killing a large animal
                    with a pistol.

If you shoot it in the head w/ a gun akin to a Weatherby
                    Magnum (sp?), the animal with feel about 0.0001 seconds of
                    pain.
                    Yeah, but if your going to hunt for sport you might as well do something where there is a lot more skill involved.
                    the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Originally posted by tsiguy96
                      well, might as well drop that attitude, if it wasnt for our ancestors discovering how to hunt, we wouldnt be here today
                      Exactly..If it wasnt for hunting we would not be here today..

And what about the thousands of people here in Alaska who HAVE to hunt for their food to stay alive through the winter? Is it wrong of them to kill animals so that they can stay alive?
                      WE ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE

Comment

To all of the naive people that don't believe in hunting, I have a question for you.

Have you ever SEEN, a pack of dogs attacking themselves? How about deer with Brain Wasting Disease from overpopulation? Do you think STARVING to death, slowly, is better than dieing by a bullet?

I've hunted all my life, and STRIVE for the '1 bullet/1 kill'. And in my younger years, if I wasn't able to do this, it did bug me. Until you see what NON-hunting can result in. It's called game MANAGEMENT for a reason.

And I'm sorry to disagree with you, but there is NO such thing as "humane killing". I've seen too much livestock that were "humanely" killed, only to hang upside down, bleeding out while still alive.

I CALL you naive, not for the sake of namecalling, but because you evidently haven't lived in a ranch atmosphere. You understand better, the necessary involvement of man in saving creatures from suffering worse deaths.

There's nothing neater than watching a cow give birth....and see her gently/quickly start cleaning the calf to help it survive the initial birth. But in the end, you can't get TOO engaged, knowing you'll soon be taking some of these cute little calves to the sale barn. But that's LIFE. It's a cycle that we humans need to survive.

By the way.....plants are "live creatures" also.....are you sad when you eat a carrot?

Nick, sorry for the continued hijack....and this IS a repost....
                        http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=94437
                        Last edited by rcsodak; 05-29-2007, 07:13 AM.
                        "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                        tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                        men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn
                          Am I the only one who finds it strange that an 11 year old, six years into his hunting career mind you, is pistol packing?
                          You will never hear about this kid shooting himself by accident because he has been introuduced to guns early in life. Strange as it sounds, I took gun safety classes when i was about 6 or 7 and it took all of the mystery out of guns and made me respect them. My dad collected guns so he wanted us to take the class so we would know that they are not toys. None of his guns were ever loaded, but even then I was never tempted to play cowboys and indians with them. To this day, I go to the gun range every now and then (my wife is in law enforcement) and if I ever have kids, they will learn about guns early on. Plus, if they giant 12000 lb pigs are becoming more and more common, we should all have a gun! A normal wild hog or pig is very aggressive and can seriously hurt you or kill you, I can't imagine what these ones could do! I can imagine why some people think it's strange that such a young boy had a gun, but it's more common than you think in rural areas.

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak

Nick, sorry for the continued hijack....and this IS a repost....
                            http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=94437
                            So, I put a picture in mine.

Go Huskers.

Comment

That's awesome.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                              2. Taxes
                              3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Working...
                              X