• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my fathers day weekend plans

its going to be a great fathers day

i got the day off

fri and sat the gf is out of town and im going to hit the streets a lil bit

gotta go out with a couple of friends and tear up the town while the misses is not around :devil:

fri --
    i gotta work till 10 and mom's off to spend some time up at her mom's cabin in new jersey
    kaitlyn will be spending a luxurious vacation at my mom's house till about 7 ish
    then from 7 till 10:30 she will be showered with hugs and kisses from my older sister and her family
    then i will get off of work and have a lil quiet time alone with my beautiful lil girl

sat -- i gotta work 10-6 so lil kaitlyn will be brisked away to watch a softball game with our friend. she will spend some quiet time the rest of the evening in the comforts of her home.
    mom should be returning later that day at around 6 pm
    from 6 till whenever i shall be off like a thief in the night having the time of my life.

sun -- recooperation day

its going to be a great weekend

i hope all teh fathers have a great weekend
    sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Have a great one Saltykins!!! You deserve it!!! Just don't call me for bail money!!! LOL Stupid Shannie jet is still broke down!!!

Comment

<---plans to sit on his ass and watch TV and do nothing all day.

Been drinkin' too much the past couple of weeks. My body is mad at me.
      Originally posted by Soldier96B
      i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Originally posted by lynchembaby
        its going to be a great fathers day

i got the day off

fri and sat the gf is out of town and im going to hit the streets a lil bit

gotta go out with a couple of friends and tear up the town while the misses is not around :devil:

fri --
        i gotta work till 10 and mom's off to spend some time up at her mom's cabin in new jersey
        kaitlyn will be spending a luxurious vacation at my mom's house till about 7 ish
        then from 7 till 10:30 she will be showered with hugs and kisses from my older sister and her family
        then i will get off of work and have a lil quiet time alone with my beautiful lil girl

sat -- i gotta work 10-6 so lil kaitlyn will be brisked away to watch a softball game with our friend. she will spend some quiet time the rest of the evening in the comforts of her home.
        mom should be returning later that day at around 6 pm
        from 6 till whenever i shall be off like a thief in the night having the time of my life.

sun -- recooperation day

its going to be a great weekend

i hope all teh fathers have a great weekend

Have fun
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") <-------Post Peach in your sig if you want world domination

Comment

You have an adoreable little girl!

Have fun!

Tonight we are going to a tractor pull one town north of us. There is a weekend long festival called "Drivin' the Dixie", and there are all sorts of events happening this weekend.

Gotta love small town life in rural Illinois!
          sigpic
          Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
          -Sean Payton

Comment

Hope you have a great father's day lynch!

Comment

Originally posted by calibroncogrl47
              Hope you have a great father's day lynch!
              im trying everyone

last night was great without the misses

kaitlyn and i had a grand ol time

im getting off of work early today to pick her up and then its time to hit the town and cause some trouble lynchem style.

i hope i can find my "get out of jail free" card today
              sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

I'll be spending Father's Day, along with the whole week, in Texas to see my grandfather.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanIN
                  You have an adoreable little girl!

Have fun!

Tonight we are going to a tractor pull one town north of us. There is a weekend long festival called "Drivin' the Dixie", and there are all sorts of events happening this weekend.

Gotta love small town life in rural Illinois!
                  Nice looking baby you have in your sig,It feels good to see your baby with that Broncos shirt on.Love it

Comment

It's that time of the year when the lower 48 gets to enjoy the Copper River salmon from Alaska (yep even NODAK), so I went yesterday and spent a wad of money on fish and food (SeeingRed, I do like to spend money). I'll BBQ the salmon along with steaks, corn-on-the-cob, watermelon, fresh pineapple, salad and play with the kids, relax with the wife, maybe watch a movie on TV and later on this evening go practice some baseball with my sons. Tomorrow is their first game (baseball starts late on the AF base).

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad Broncofan
                      It's that time of the year when the lower 48 gets to enjoy the Copper River salmon from Alaska (yep even NODAK), so I went yesterday and spent a wad of money on fish and food (SeeingRed, I do like to spend money). I'll BBQ the salmon along with steaks, corn-on-the-cob, watermelon, fresh pineapple, salad and play with the kids, relax with the wife, maybe watch a movie on TV and later on this evening go practice some baseball with my sons. Tomorrow is their first game (baseball starts late on the AF base).
                      Now THAT sounds like a fantastic day Nomad! :thumb:

We took my dad by way of ambulance to the hospital at 3:30 a.m. this morning. He's stable as one can be with his health issues now, but he may have had a heart attack (or stress to the heart - not definite) and pneumonia. He was coughing up blood with a temperature of 103.6-degrees. I think he knew something wasn't quite right when I called him Friday night. I had asked him if he would like me to pick him up to go do some morning fishing for Father's Day. He said "I just don't think fishing's a good idea for me to do anymore." It's not a surprise exactly, because he has been dealing with serious health issues since February, but are we ever really 'ready'? I ended up just telling him I would bring my family over for coffee and a visit Sunday morning, but everything now is centered around the hospital.

I know my dad's life hangs by a string, even if he returns home this time, nonetheless, it's a string. I think this year I struggled with his gift so much (which I wouldn't usually do), because deep down inside...I know that a gift won't cover what I feel inside. I can't undo harsh words spoken, I can't say I love you enough, and neither can he. He's my father and I know his time is nearing towards the end, and there's nothing I can do to help solve this or turn it around. It just is what it is, and becoming more final with each day that passes, each day I don't get time to spend with him.

You know....my dad is 79 years old, nearing 80, so health issues are pretty much expected. Yet, it doesn't matter in some ways. For all that person knows is they feel like they are young until they look in the mirror. Their lives seem less valuable as they are getting older. The last time he was in the hospital he said something like that to me, but I assured him....Dad--you're life is very valuable - to your friends, your family, and especially you, let's not forget that, and NOBODY Dad, tells a joke or BS' like you, and no one can fill your shoes.

My father has always been the life of the party wherever he went, until a few months ago on his last hospitalization. In that time, he went from outgoing, loving, and joking around to somber, quiet, tired, and afraid. He served his country as a Marine, he's built railroad bridges and welded them for the railroad, he's built homes with his carpentry skills, he's raised four kids, he's been a treasurer for his union, he's been a federal inspector, and so much more, and in the end, no matter when he goes....his life has touched thousands of people and he's brought lots of laughter and love to so many. Priceless are our parents in so many ways. The hardships they have known, kids today may never be able to associate with, as it's on their backs our lives in this country :usa: are better and their parents before them. God Bless you Dad - thank you for serving your country, and I just hope you don't have to suffer any longer, and that God will take you swiftly and we will all be surrounding you.

Happy Father's Day - Do NOT take it for granted.
                      "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Originally posted by His Wife
                        Now THAT sounds like a fantastic day Nomad! :thumb:

We took my dad by way of ambulance to the hospital at 3:30 a.m. this morning. He's stable as one can be with his health issues now, but he may have had a heart attack (or stress to the heart - not definite) and pneumonia. He was coughing up blood with a temperature of 103.6-degrees. I think he knew something wasn't quite right when I called him Friday night. I had asked him if he would like me to pick him up to go do some morning fishing for Father's Day. He said "I just don't think fishing's a good idea for me to do anymore." It's not a surprise exactly, because he has been dealing with serious health issues since February, but are we ever really 'ready'? I ended up just telling him I would bring my family over for coffee and a visit Sunday morning, but everything now is centered around the hospital.

I know my dad's life hangs by a string, even if he returns home this time, nonetheless, it's a string. I think this year I struggled with his gift so much (which I wouldn't usually do), because deep down inside...I know that a gift won't cover what I feel inside. I can't undo harsh words spoken, I can't say I love you enough, and neither can he. He's my father and I know his time is nearing towards the end, and there's nothing I can do to help solve this or turn it around. It just is what it is, and becoming more final with each day that passes, each day I don't get time to spend with him.

You know....my dad is 79 years old, nearing 80, so health issues are pretty much expected. Yet, it doesn't matter in some ways. For all that person knows is they feel like they are young until they look in the mirror. Their lives seem less valuable as they are getting older. The last time he was in the hospital he said something like that to me, but I assured him....Dad--you're life is very valuable - to your friends, your family, and especially you, let's not forget that, and NOBODY Dad, tells a joke or BS' like you, and no one can fill your shoes.

My father has always been the life of the party wherever he went, until a few months ago on his last hospitalization. In that time, he went from outgoing, loving, and joking around to somber, quiet, tired, and afraid. He served his country as a Marine, he's built railroad bridges and welded them for the railroad, he's built homes with his carpentry skills, he's raised four kids, he's been a treasurer for his union, he's been a federal inspector, and so much more, and in the end, no matter when he goes....his life has touched thousands of people and he's brought lots of laughter and love to so many. Priceless are our parents in so many ways. The hardships they have known, kids today may never be able to associate with, as it's on their backs our lives in this country :usa: are better and their parents before them. God Bless you Dad - thank you for serving your country, and I just hope you don't have to suffer any longer, and that God will take you swiftly and we will all be surrounding you.

Happy Father's Day - Do NOT take it for granted.

Sorry to hear this HW! He sounds like a great man. I hope when my time comes my children will remember me in the same light.

Never do I take my dad for granted. He calls me up or vice versa and we talk everyday because he lives about 1200 miles south of me.

And the guys at work don't understand me either. I forbid to work weekends so I can spend time with my children. And the guys at work think I'm crazy for giving up $500 on a Saturday and I tell them no amount of money will buy memories and that's what I want my children to have of me. But today I introduced the boys to Bonanza (must have been a marathon of this show and Gunsmoke) and they loved the show (now I won't get that song out of my head ) . Couldn't go play baseball it's raining, but that's ok I had a great day with my children. Food came out great, how I love salmon.

Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Comment

Working...
                        X