Wal-Mart on Father's Day Eve........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wal-Mart on Father's Day Eve........

Went to Wal-Mart to purchase my Dad a father's day card and yowzer!

I ran into animals in the card isle. Long teeth, snarling, butting each other out of the way! It's a little hard to pick out a card 'from the heart' when you're getting pushed to the side! I'll bet there were 50-60 people and at 10:00 p.m. tonight!

I thought the idea of 24/7 stores was to eliminate the need for 'rushing'

My poor dad....I just couldn't think of a really exciting gift for him this year.
    Dad's getting a Memory Pillow.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Originally posted by His Wife

I ran into animals in the card isle. Long teeth, snarling, butting each other out of the way! It's a little hard to pick out a card 'from the heart' when you're getting pushed to the side! I'll bet there were 50-60 people and at 10:00 p.m. tonight!

My poor dad....I just couldn't think of a really exciting gift for him this year.
    Geez.

Don't you know that "Father's Day" is a manufactured "holiday," just like "Mother's Day?"

For "Father's Day," (tomorrow) my dotter-in-law is doing a cookout--starting at 2 a.m. (my nap time). Do you think that makes me happy? What ever happened to the simple "joke gift????"

--Grumpy Old Man
    Life, for me, has been an ongoing education. When Graduation Day arrives, my diploma will be my death certificate.

Comment

HW-Sorry about that experience

walmart is like

and buck a cookout at 2 AM
      Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Originally posted by KCLadyFan
        HW-Sorry about that experience

walmart is like

and buck a cookout at 2 AM
        chit! I meant 2 PM! (I'm old, y'know?)

baahhh, humbug
        Life, for me, has been an ongoing education. When Graduation Day arrives, my diploma will be my death certificate.

Comment

Originally posted by buckland
          chit! I meant 2 PM! (I'm old, y'know?)

baahhh, humbug
          yea I know you are....
          Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Originally posted by His Wife

I know what your talking about because I work at Wal-mart I got out at 10:30 and it was still crazy there.
            sigpic
            Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Comment

My Wal-Mart tends to be like that on a daily basis. They just opened up a Super Target across the street from it and it's half as crowded so I just go there.

Comment

I work at Wal-Mart...was there working until 11:00 and it was ridiculous. I'm exhausted. At one point I know I had at least 20 people in my check out line

Comment

Working...
                X