Read any good books lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read any good books lately?

I read alot of comics and graphic novels. I read probably 25 different titles a month.

Among them are...

100 BULLETS
    ACTION COMICS
    ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN
    BATMAN
    BATMAN: GOTHAM KNIGHTS
    PLANETARY
    SUPERMAN
    SUPERMAN/BATMAN
    TRANSFORMERS: GENERATION ONE -- [Volume 3]
    SUPERMAN: BIRTHRIGHT
    SPAWN
    ASTONISHING X-MEN
    EMMA FROST
    MARVEL KNIGHTS SPIDER-MAN
    PULSE, THE
    PUNISHER (MAX)
    SECRET WAR
    ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR
    ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN
    ULTIMATE X-MEN
    ULTIMATES, THE
    WOLVERINE/PUNISHER (KNIGHTS)

Sometimes I'll read some Star Trek novels but mostly it's comics.

How bout you?

The last book I read was 'Poker Wisdom of a Champion' by Doyle Brunson.

The earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens
    Baha'u'llah

"Everyone takes turns making mistakes in poker. The trick is to skip your turn."
    Mike Caro

"The all-in play works every time but once"

You can observe a lot just by watching.
    Yogi Berra

every year.

Comment

I am reading novels by Piers Anthony currently. He writes fantasy type books with Ogre's and Wizards and Ghosts and such.

"Gateway leading to the AFC West"

Comment

I just read a collection of short stories by Jean-Paul Sartre entitled "The Wall"

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

I read hitch hiker's guide to the galaxy about a month ago, it's pretty funny.

I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
          ABWRFRC

Comment

i read countless books for work (i have to, it's part of my job, reading books etc to see what might be a good movie ), but the ones i'm reading right now for myself are The Robber Bride by Margaret Atwood and Fall On Your Knees by Anne Marie MacDonald.
            Orange/Blue Girl in L.A.

Comment

Originally posted by StlBroncosFan
              I am reading novels by Piers Anthony currently. He writes fantasy type books with Ogre's and Wizards and Ghosts and such.
              Which series are you reading? I read about the first 13 or so Xanth books but the series never ended. I think it's in the mid-20s now.

The Incarnations of Immortality series is good as was the Phaze series (I think that's the series name).
              "You can't take the sky from me..."
              ------
              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by orang/blu in LA
                i read countless books for work (i have to, it's part of my job, reading books etc to see what might be a good movie ), but the ones i'm reading right now for myself are The Robber Bride by Margaret Atwood and Fall On Your Knees by Anne Marie MacDonald.
                I've only read one Atwood book, The Handmaid's Tale, and really enjoyed it. Are her other books worth reading? I felt like she writes more women's fiction so I haven't tried any of her other books.
                "You can't take the sky from me..."
                ------
                "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

I read a play recently. The Importance of Being Earnest. Funny and very witty. And I just started Zen and the art of Motorcycle Maintinance (sp?).
                  Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

A Book of Five Rings
                    The Bible

Funny how much the two have in common, in a way...
                    ...And [sic 'he'] is given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth....

Comment

Umm, I read Night by Elie Wiesel a few months ago..Really good book...About the holocaust..It was a true story...

I also read The Hobbit, pretty boring if you ask me...
                      WE ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                        I've only read one Atwood book, The Handmaid's Tale, and really enjoyed it. Are her other books worth reading? I felt like she writes more women's fiction so I haven't tried any of her other books.
                        Yeah, it is more of women's fiction, with her subject matters....but the writing itself is really good, so i think it's worth it. then again, i am a woman, so who knows. Uggh, now i gotta get back to work. huge manuscript on my desk and a script - and here i'd just gotten the pile down....stupid work, won't let me play on the boards.
                        Orange/Blue Girl in L.A.

Comment

I read the Stand a couple of weeks ago. And a series by Robert Jordan "The Wheel of Time" not too long ago. It was pretty good. I am reading a fantasy series by Martin now called "A Song of Ice and Fire". It is good.
                          Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Finished reading

"Sir Apropos of Nothing" By Peter David
                            "Elder Gods" By David Eddings
                            "Myth Alliances" By Robert Asprin
                            "Insomnia" Stephen King

Now reading "Song of Susannah" by King.
                            The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!

Comment

The best book i've read in a while was "Sleep No More" by Greg Iles. It was really suspenseful. I couldnt put it down and ended up reading it in two days
                              "Hey that's great, but who are the Chefs?" - Snickers commercial

Comment

Working...
                              X