--- Homer's Home Town ---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• --- Homer's Home Town ---

--- Everyone that watches the Simpsons knows that Homer lives in Springfield.

--- In what state is Homer's domicile ?

--- Springfield where ?

--- DOH !!! ---

---

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

--- This made me think of Jovi for some reason !!!

--- Ok, give up ?

--- Even after the Jovi clue ?

--- Tuesday, July 10, 2007

It's official: Vermont wins race to be Homer's Springfield

SPRINGFIELD, Vt. (AP)

It's Duff time in Springfield, Vt., which on Tuesday was proclaimed the official hometown of TV's favorite dysfunctional family, the Simpsons.

The southeastern Vermont community beat out 13 other Springfields for the honor, which includes hosting the premiere of "The Simpsons Movie" on July 26th.

20th Century Fox ran an online poll on the USA Today Web site inviting people to vote for their favorite among 14 videos submitted by the competing Springfields.

Springfield, Vt., came late to the competition, getting in after the head of the local Chamber of Commerce saw a news report on it and asked to be involved.

"We're so excited," said Patricia Chaffee, vice president of the Springfield Regional Chamber of Commerce. "We came in at the last minute, and for us to win, we feel like the underdogs, which makes this so big and so great for us."

The town of 9,300 was the smallest in population among the communities entered. It put together a video showing a local TV personality playing Homer Simpson and chasing a giant, pink doughnut through the town.

Gov. Jim Douglas issued a statement congratulating the town.

"This is an exciting, exhilarating moment for Vermonters," he said. "Perhaps more importantly, it proves there's really nothing a giant doughnut can't do. To all the other Springfields, I say "Don't have a cow, man."

According to USA Today, the 13 other Springfields that participated in the contest will be given small screenings of their own the night before the movie opens nationwide July 27.

---

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

I'm so happy for them. Sounds like they can use some excitement.
      Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

I'm convinced its everywhere and nowhere.

Its close to redwood trees (HAS to be), its close to New York (maybe), not in Texas, Springfield, IL has a lake named Shelbyville (I think), pretty sure its not in New Mexico, Judge Judy is nearby, it has mountains I think, its not in Florida, and lemon trees can grow there (if that helps any).

I think its in Oregon. They have an oddball Springfield.

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun
          I'm convinced its everywhere and nowhere.

Its close to redwood trees (HAS to be), its close to New York (maybe), not in Texas, Springfield, IL has a lake named Shelbyville (I think), pretty sure its not in New Mexico, Judge Judy is nearby, it has mountains I think, its not in Florida, and lemon trees can grow there (if that helps any).

I think its in Oregon. They have an oddball Springfield.
          yeah.

Vermont is just for the movie.

in the episodes it isnt anywhere.

there are clues all over the episodes.

there is one that lisa enters some compettitoin and your paper that you entered has waht state your from.

lisas said NS, which means no state in my opinion.
          white sox are done, broncos looking strong, lakers gonna win it all again.

Originally posted by raylewis52
          you guys are the saddest team in nfl right now! 8-8 will win the west,.thats just a joke. there will be 6-8 teams sitting home with better records,
          smart fans, eh?

Comment

I'm sure it will be a zoo.....

Thank goodness Springfield is not next to us, we already have tons of traffic woes.
            Anywho, hope they have fun.

Comment

Working...
            X