Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 news choppers colide during a car chase in Phoenix - 4 media men die!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 news choppers colide during a car chase in Phoenix - 4 media men die!!!!

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...rash27-ON.html

Terrible news for the Valley

The caught the dude like 5 minutes ago and reports are that he may get charged with the deaths....

I hope he gets the max
    I owe CP's to: no one

Originally posted by TR3Y View Post
    http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...rash27-ON.html

Terrible news for the Valley

The caught the dude like 5 minutes ago and reports are that he may get charged with the deaths....

I hope he gets the max

It's not "the dude's" fault that the pilots didn't pay enough attention to their flying.

Comment

Originally posted by D3N7ER 8r0I\I<05 View Post
      It's not "the dude's" fault that the pilots didn't pay enough attention to their flying.
      Two local news helicopters crashed in midair early Friday afternoon in central Phoenix

totally agree, this sounds more like a case of newshounds not collaborating their efforts well enough with the competition

like maybe they were both going for the best coverage at the expense of their well being, aka at least one of the pilots is the real culprit
      sigpic

Comment

Wow that sucks for the driver...

He was running away he wasnt on a killing spree this was not his fault and is a new case that has nothing to do with the driver of the car.

It was a pilot error....

Comment

Are you guys serious???

WOW

I agree that there was a serious mishap somewhere and that one if not both of the pilots could have made a life threatening mistake....but to say that the freakin' criminal driver is not at fault is completely assinign!!!!

These guys would be going home to their families (99.9999999999% chance) had this jackass not stole that truck....

But your right....the poor driver had nothing to do with the tragedy and is completely innocent

Comment

WOW

I agree that there was a serious mishap somewhere and that one if not both of the pilots could have made a life threatening mistake....but to say that the freakin' criminal driver is not at fault is completely assinign!!!!

These guys would be going home to their families (99.9999999999% chance) had this jackass not stole that truck....

But your right....the poor driver had nothing to do with the tragedy and is completely innocent
            the driver had nothing to do with the copters hitting each other, that was their negligence on it's own, you mat as well charge an entire traffic jam with their deaths if these copter pilots were both on their way to cover a huge traffic jam

face it, they were negligent because they were being newshounds

it's kinda like the paparazzi mentalisty but with the media and not the tabloid people

The inherent danger and periodic confusion of covering a police chase was clear even though you could only hear one side of the radio transmission.

Pilot Craig Smith is heard asking his photographer and talking to the pilot of Channel 3.

“Where's 3?”

“How far? Oh, jeez.”

“3, I'm right over you. 15 on top of you.”

“I'm over the top of you.”
            this part here clearly shows they screwed up, they didn't even know where each were positioned

this could have literally happened while covering any type of news story, and it's just not the same as a car chase criminal plowing into another car or pedestrian.

"The inherent danger and periodic confusion of covering a police chase was clear" aka : this happens all the time, just crashes are usually avoided

they knew the risk, they screwed up, and people are just looking for a scapegoat because the real blame for their own deaths falls on them and the danger of their job
            sigpic

Comment

I agree the driver did steal the car and should be in jail or paying a big fine

but by NO means should be be sent to jail for life because of some person made a error while flying.

Comment

WOW

Are YOU serious? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? The DRIVER is at fault for their mistake? It's not his fault at all. Look, the dude was just putting on a nice show by running from the police, it's not his fault the helicopters collided while showing a highly entertaining car chase(They don't show them for nothing). No way they have a case against him for causing their deaths, I'm sorry they died but the accountability is NOT on the driver of the truck.

Comment

:
                  They would also be going home to there families if they had been paying attention to where they were flying..

Very sad story, but you cant be putting the blame on anyone except for which ever pilot caused the crash..Or maybe something went wrong with one of the helicopters and the other helicopter was just in the wrong place at the wrong time..We may never know...
                  WE ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE

Comment

I have to disagree!

Like I already stated....there was clearly an error on one if not both of the pilots behalfs, however, the law will show that the I am correct and that the moron running from the cops will end up being charged with some sort of "part" in regards to the deaths of 4 news members....

It's not just me making this up....I live here in the Phoenix area and the main police chief that was on the news every 30 minutes was asked time and time again if the driver could possibly be charged in the deaths and the police chief said that most likely the driver would face severe consequences in regards to the deaths of the men....

I will find a new link
                    Last edited by TR3Y; 07-28-2007, 12:47 PM.

Comment

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...opter0728.html

Police identified the suspect as Christopher J. Jones, 23, and said he was booked into jail late Friday night on two counts of vehicle theft, four counts of aggravated assault on a police officer and one count of resisting arrest with other charges expected to be filed later.

Earlier Friday, Phoenix Police Chief Jack Harris suggested that the suspect could "be held responsible for any of the deaths from this tragedy."

Comment

Sucks for EVERYONE involved - the people that lost their lives, their friends and family - the driver and his FIVE children....

Comment

Five Children! OMG , I hope they have a mother because that would suck if they had to leave their brothers and sisters behide....

Comment

if anything the suspect may get sued by the dead news people's remaining family members, but i'd bet that's it
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                              if anything the suspect may get sued by the dead news people's remaining family members, but i'd bet that's it
                              he was booked into jail late Friday night on two counts of vehicle theft, four counts of aggravated assault on a police officer and one count of resisting arrest with other charges expected to be filed later

I don't think thats all.... Its a shame he might be charged with their deaths, but he might

Comment

Working...
                              X