Risk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Risk

Anyone else here who like to play the game of global conquest?

I play it every Wed. and Thur. night with my buddies.

123 straight wins and counting.
    sigpic

That game can make a day pass by fast.

Comment

Love that game.

Don't try to take Asia! Its a trap!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post

We used to play 6 man Risk when we were sitting alert in Afghanistan. That was fun...

I don't play too often, but I like it. My favorite board/strategy games are:

Memoir '44
        A World At War
        Shogun

Too bad you live in NY...we could get together (I know you would love all of those games).

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
          Love that game.

Don't try to take Asia! Its a trap!
          Speaking of taking over Asia, my friend and I tried to take over Asia for two hours before my other friend tipped over the game because it was getting so boring. :dance:

Comment

I love that game.

Last time i played it was in High School.

We played Secret Mission Risk to make it go faster. I had to take over North America and Australia.

I took over North America and South America (South America was my buffer in case of Invasion from Africa). I invaded the Eastern Half of Asia and All I had to invade in Australia was the Western Province.

I launched an invasion of that Province and lost (unfortunately), then everyone that was left attacked me and I had extreme bad luck and I lose much of my territories. All the territory of mine still under my control in the end was scattered territories across Eastern Asia and most of Canada

So close I could taste victory ...
            Last edited by Charlie Brown; 08-06-2007, 10:45 PM.
            The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

i

love

risk

!

!

:shake:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post

123 straight wins? What, are your friends 5 years old or something? (I don't mean that as an insult.) Sheer luck should have made you lose some games along the way.
                "You can't take the sky from me..."
                ------
                "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Axis & Allies is my game

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                  - Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon View Post
                    123 straight wins? What, are your friends 5 years old or something? (I don't mean that as an insult.) Sheer luck should have made you lose some games along the way.
                    I manipulate people, and tell them why they should not attack me, and when they do something always bad happens to them. Then they get distracted with other armies, which gives me a chance to rebuild my armies.

I also have lucky 5mm dice.

It also helps when you have a fiance who will almost never ever attack you till the very end with her hot pink army women.

And another good key to all these wins is Australia. Its a freakin fortress! Control that and you have a better chance to win. And I always guard the entrance with atleast 30 armies.

A and A the board game is fun too. But for WWII games, I like flames of war the WWII miniature game.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                      Speaking of taking over Asia, my friend and I tried to take over Asia for two hours before my other friend tipped over the game because it was getting so boring. :dance:
                      2 hours! just too take asia? I can take it in 30. but I will lose it within a turn or 2.

Best way to take it is by going west through Alaska, and invade from the south.
                      sigpic

Comment

So have you decided to play 6 player risk, playing for each player, during your week of Me-Time?

Comment

Originally posted by Hawgdriver View Post
                          So have you decided to play 6 player risk, playing for each player, during your week of Me-Time?
                          Nope. Its not risk night yet. And I play at my friends basement. He made a cutsom map. Its 6 feet long and 5 feet wide. And we have 14 sets of armies too. More armies = more fun!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NameUsedBefore View Post
                            Axis & Allies is my game
                            Amen to that, although the new version makes playing Axis a lot tougher.
                            HEAR ME ROAR!
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals View Post
                              Amen to that, although the new version makes playing Axis a lot tougher.
                              The Revised edition? It makes it easier! In the original our Axis could never win no matter who it was

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                              - Carl Sagan

Comment

Working...
                              X