Risk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NameUsedBefore View Post
    The Revised edition? It makes it easier! In the original our Axis could never win no matter who it was
    You think so?

I've only played revised a couple of times (and it's been a year or so, so forgive me if I'm forgetting the details), but Japan couldn't provide the level of support for the German campaign in Russia it used to, because it's too tied up trying to prevent the United States from taking out its eastern flank.

We ended up with a MAJOR American presence in mainland Asia by like the 4th turn. The Japanese player was appalled.
    HEAR ME ROAR!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Japan combines her navies on our game to where if U.S. wants to do anything she has to spend a few turns building a big navy, to which Japan can do the same. Germany has the IPCs to take on Russia if played correctly. West Russia was the key IIRC

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
      - Carl Sagan

Comment

anyone ever hear of or play the board game STRATEGO?????? its quite entertaining
        BRONCO COUNTRY is EVERYWHERE !!!!
        BRONCO FAN since 1986
        MY SON DARION
        THE NEXT GREAT DENVER BRONCO

Comment

When we would do winter camping, we would sled all day, and play risk and Axis&Allies all night.

The key always for us winning as the axis was to have germany quickly take out the russians, while the japanese just harrassed the US, and took care of Britsh India.

Whenever I was the soviets, I would just build enless amounts of infantry, and stall German and Japanese advamces, long enugh for the Better ICP production of the US to ease the pressure.
          sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
          SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Originally posted by PA BRONCO 420 View Post
            anyone ever hear of or play the board game STRATEGO?????? its quite entertaining
            Oh, yeah. I used to love playing Stratego and was pretty good at it. I haven't played in years, though.

Of course, I'm still a fan of plain, old-fashioned Chess.
            "You can't take the sky from me..."
            ------
            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

We used to play Rist all the time. We'd have huge Risk parties every week and spend like 7 hours playing that thing. Each of us had a different version. Risk 2210 is freaking sweet!

and 2210 makes it harder to control Australia, with the introduction of water territories and all.

I almost always get away with taking Australia right off the bat and then people are always having a hard time getting at me. Japan provides for a nice buffer-zone as well.

we played so much in high school that we named our colors and had to have the same colors every time. I was always red or "The Crimson Tide". and my friend was always black or "The Black Plague" lol. we had trouble figuring out the other colors.
              sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

This is a way a lot of my friends and I spent our time as a Freshman in the dorms. I love that game.

Comment

Settlers of catan

Listen carefully. Best board game of all time. Settlers of Catan. I highly suggest everyone try it. Expansions may also be bought to expand the game to six players with oceans and stuff as well.

Everyone who learns of this game is addicted from the first time they play it. No boring 90 minute dice rolling battles whilst alienating the other players either.

Comment

Originally posted by Exxon View Post
                    Listen carefully. Best board game of all time. Settlers of Catan. I highly suggest everyone try it. Expansions may also be bought to expand the game to six players with oceans and stuff as well.

Everyone who learns of this game is addicted from the first time they play it. No boring 90 minute dice rolling battles whilst alienating the other players either.
                    Very fun game. Best game? Well there are so many I can't choose one.

We shold start a "official board game thread" More people play them on here than I thought. What I like about them is that there is more human contact than a video game.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X