Milk is cancerous...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milk is cancerous...

I just read a related topic about the ingredients of make-up, and I thought it would be nice if I shared something I've learned about milk. Maybe you've noticed that more and more dairies are touting 'no artificial hormones.' If you wonder what that means, read this article. It's scary.

Basically, Monsanto made an artificial bovine hormone that increases dairy cow production by 10%. They ran it through a flimsy 90 day FDA test on 24 mice. In many other independent scientific studies, rBGH has been shown to have cancer causing effects in human. No other country will allow this hormone in dairy cows except the US, and there is no requirement to disclose if your milk is rGBH milk. When a Fox news reporter uncovered this frightening fact, and prepared a groundbreaking expose, Monsanto threatened litigation against Fox, and the story was dropped. The reporter sued Fox under the 'Whistleblower Act', but Florida courts essentially ruled that it's OK for the media to lie. Here are two articles, one about rGBH, the other about the suppression of information and the media's right to lie.

Got (Genetically Engineered) Milk?
    The Monsanto rBGH/BST Milk Wars Handbook
    Dr. Samuel Epstein

rBGH (recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone), is a genetically non-engineered (GE) potent variant of the natural growth hormone produced by cows. Manufactured by Monsanto, it is sold to dairy farmers under the trade name POSILAC. Injection of this GE hormone forces cows to increase their milk production by about 10%. Monsanto and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) insist that rBGH milk is indistinguishable from natural milk and safe to cows and consumers. However:

* rBGH makes cows sick. Monsanto has been forced to admit to about 20 veterinary health risks on its Posilac label including mastitis and udder inflammation.

* rBGH milk is contaminated by pus from mastitis induced by rBGH, and antibiotics used to treat the mastitis.

* rBGH milk is contaminated by the GE hormone which can be absorbed through the gut and induce immunological effects.

* rBGH milk is chemically and nutritionally very different from natural milk.

* rBGH milk is supercharged with high levels of a natural growth factor (IGF-1), excess levels of which have been incriminated as major causes of breast, colon, and prostate cancers.

* rBGH factory farms pose a major threat to the viability of small dairy farms. Thus, rBGH enriches Monsanto while posing risks but no benefits to the entire U.S. population.

The health hazards to animals, the detriment to small farms, the cover-up in Monsanto, all the negatives attached to rGBH are in no way balanced by any benefits of increased milk production in view of the national surplus.

Got (genetically engineered) Milk? is a unique resource manual on rBGH milk. It presents a comprehensive summary of the scientific literature since 1985, and Dr. Epstein’s relatively inaccessible trail blazing scientific publications on rBGH over the last decade. These publications have played a major role in influencing foreign governments to ban rBGH milk. Got (genetically engineered) Milk? includes Dr. Samuel Epstein’s press releases, editorials, and extensive correspondence with key members of Congress and the FDA. Got (genetically engineered) Milk? documents evidence of interlocking conflicts of interest between Monsanto and the White House, regulatory agencies, and medical institutions including the American Medical Association and American Cancer Society; Monsanto's white collar crime relating to suppression and manipulation of information on the veterinary and public health hazards of rBGH dairy products; and behind the scenes evidence of the Dairy Coalition’s "hit squad", which targeted and attempted to stifle and discredit the author. Of additional interest is the real story behind Fox Television's firing of Jane Akre, a veteran television reporter, following her extensive and in-depth interview with the author on rBGH, and also his involvement as the lead expert testifying on behalf of Jane in her subsequent successful litigation against Fox. Got (genetically engineered) Milk? presents other valuable resource materials including listings of national and international anti-biotech public health, veterinary and animal rights activist groups, and of rBGH-free U.S. dairy producers, such as Horizon Organic and Swiss Valley Farms. Of key interest is the book's critical relevance to the ongoing debate on GE foods, including irrefutable evidence discrediting the unpublished "trust us" safety assurances of Monsanto, and other GE food industries. Got (genetically engineered) Milk? thus makes it clear that Monsanto's highly deceptive track record on rBGH, compounded by FDA's complicity and refusal to label rBGH milk, more than justify dismissal its assurances of safety of GE foods.
    In February 2003, a Florida Court of Appeals unanimously agreed with an assertion by FOX News that there is no rule against distorting or falsifying the news in the United States.

Back in December of 1996, Jane Akre and her husband, Steve Wilson, were hired by FOX as a part of the Fox “Investigators” team at WTVT in Tampa Bay, Florida. In 1997 the team began work on a story about bovine growth hormone (BGH), a controversial substance manufactured by Monsanto Corporation. The couple produced a four-part series revealing that there were many health risks related to BGH and that Florida supermarket chains did little to avoid selling milk from cows treated with the hormone, despite assuring customers otherwise.

According to Akre and Wilson, the station was initially very excited about the series. But within a week, Fox executives and their attorneys wanted the reporters to use statements from Monsanto representatives that the reporters knew were false and to make other revisions to the story that were in direct conflict with the facts. Fox editors then tried to force Akre and Wilson to continue to produce the distorted story. When they refused and threatened to report Fox's actions to the FCC, they were both fired.(Project Censored #12 1997)

Akre and Wilson sued the Fox station and on August 18, 2000, a Florida jury unanimously decided that Akre was wrongfully fired by Fox Television when she refused to broadcast (in the jury's words) “a false, distorted or slanted story” about the widespread use of BGH in dairy cows. They further maintained that she deserved protection under Florida's whistle blower law. Akre was awarded a $425,000 settlement. Inexplicably, however, the court decided that Steve Wilson, her partner in the case, was ruled not wronged by the same actions taken by FOX.

FOX appealed the case, and on February 14, 2003 the Florida Second District Court of Appeals unanimously overturned the settlement awarded to Akre. The Court held that Akre’s threat to report the station’s actions to the FCC did not deserve protection under Florida’s whistle blower statute, because Florida’s whistle blower law states that an employer must violate an adopted “law, rule, or regulation." In a stunningly narrow interpretation of FCC rules, the Florida Appeals court claimed that the FCC policy against falsification of the news does not rise to the level of a "law, rule, or regulation," it was simply a "policy." Therefore, it is up to the station whether or not it wants to report honestly.

During their appeal, FOX asserted that there are no written rules against distorting news in the media. They argued that, under the First Amendment, broadcasters have the right to lie or deliberately distort news reports on public airwaves. Fox attorneys did not dispute Akre’s claim that they pressured her to broadcast a false story, they simply maintained that it was their right to do so. After the appeal verdict WTVT general manager Bob Linger commented, “It’s vindication for WTVT, and we’re very pleased… It’s the case we’ve been making for two years. She never had a legal claim.”

wow- I don't drink much milk myself... but my kids do... I will be looking for rBGH-free milk from now on... geeze tho I'm sure it will cost an arm and a leg... just like the cage free organic eggs and all the other 'good for you' food I buy... why is that? It makes it very difficult for anyone with a tight budget to buy stuff that is really good for them (luckily I am not on that tight a budget). Kinda sucks.
    melissAnn Broncos Fan
    My Adopt-A-Fan is Davii
    I reject your reality and substitute my own~~ Adam, MythBusters

Comment

Ahh every thing causes cancer now pretty soon there gonna say taking a sh*t causes cancer.
      sigpic
      Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Comment

Everything in the world is dangerous.

I'd stay at home, but most accidents occur in the home.

Got to die sometime.
        President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
        I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Uh-oh....AZ started this WHOLE THING didn't he?

See Hawg? I wasn't kidding in my post in AZ's thread about how everything seems to be potentially toxic.

The milk with hormones.....this has been a big debate (along with meat)!

I had hormone-free beef about one year ago, and the taste was foreign to me I'm afraid.

I bought a 1/2 gallon of hormone-free milk and it was $4.99 (1.50 deposit on the glass bottle).

Pesticides, BBQ's, Aerosal sprays, and on and on and on. How are WE to figure out what to cut out or change? Make up, hair products, baby products, powders (talc), and so on........
          "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

Originally posted by melissAnn View Post
            wow- I don't drink much milk myself... but my kids do... I will be looking for rBGH-free milk from now on... geeze tho I'm sure it will cost an arm and a leg... just like the cage free organic eggs and all the other 'good for you' food I buy... why is that? It makes it very difficult for anyone with a tight budget to buy stuff that is really good for them (luckily I am not on that tight a budget). Kinda sucks.
            it should cost the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Kapaibro View Post
              Everything in the world is dangerous.

I'd stay at home, but most accidents occur in the home.

Got to die sometime.
              Kap, you're talking to someone with over 1,000 skydives.

Americans have a choice which milk they buy, that's the only way to fight *the man* (monsanto and big corporations)

I'm trying to fight the man...don't get in my way!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawgdriver View Post
                Kap, you're talking to someone with over 1,000 skydives.

Americans have a choice which milk they buy, that's the only way to fight *the man* (monsanto and big corporations)

I'm trying to fight the man...don't get in my way!!
                Between milk, deoderant, clingfilm, makeup, cigarettes, food colouring, car emissions, cellphones, wiFi, blah blah blah, I'm surprised we all don't have cancer of some sort or another.

As for the skydiving, you mad freak. Unless the plane is going to crash my in Elway's name would you ditch it?

I adopted Skywalker

Comment

Between milk, deoderant, clingfilm, makeup, cigarettes, food colouring, car emissions, cellphones, wiFi, blah blah blah, I'm surprised we all don't have cancer of some sort or another.

As for the skydiving, you mad freak. Unless the plane is going to crash my in Elway's name would you ditch it?
                  Don't EVEN get me started on CLINGFILM!! (w t ...?)

Why skydive? Besides the obvious natural chemical enhancement, I've always liked to compete. This was my team:

This is what we do.

Comment

Why skydive? Besides the obvious natural chemical enhancement, I've always liked to compete. This was my team:

This is what we do.
                    Clingfilm in the microwave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ooooooooooooooo

Ahhhh, so you skydived competitively. Okay then. Not a bad looking team! :thumb:

Ohhhhhhh! What about the new terror? Water bottles left in a hot car! Deathly cancerous plastic!

I adopted Skywalker

Comment

Clingfilm in the microwave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ooooooooooooooo

Ahhhh, so you skydived competitively. Okay then. Not a bad looking team! :thumb:

Ohhhhhhh! What about the new terror? Water bottles left in a hot car! Deathly cancerous plastic!
                      Don't you see? We need to get cancer on OUR OWN TERMS.

Comment

Candy must be the safest thing to eat. Now I have an excuse.

Comment

Just buy your food from a Health food store....such as Sunflower, Wild Oats, Whole Foods, Trader Joes........

The milk they sell os rBGH free.

PEACE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AlWilsonizKING View Post
                            Just buy your food from a Health food store....such as Sunflower, Wild Oats, Whole Foods, Trader Joes........

The milk they sell os rBGH free.

PEACE!!!
                            even if you go to a regular supermarket, you can find hormone free milk for the same price as the other cheap milk.

Comment

This is what we do.
                              i would so live to skydive but i cant get anyone to go with me everyone is tooo scared. ill be in denver in october, where can i go to do that out there? and do ya want to go with me lol
                              BRONCO COUNTRY is EVERYWHERE !!!!
                              BRONCO FAN since 1986
                              MY SON DARION
                              THE NEXT GREAT DENVER BRONCO

Comment

Working...
                              X