Must have DVD's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must have DVD's.

Post some DVD's you think everyone must have and drop a couple reasons why they should have it.

I'll start off

Curb your Enthusiasm season 1 and season 2

What can I say about this show?!!! It's really good stuff. If you liked Seinfeld then you'll love this. In fact that's basically what it is, It's Seinfeld on HBO. Except now they have a little bit more liberty to do racier subjects since it is on HBO. If you haven't checked this out, you should. It's only like 26 bucks a season so you won't break the bank. You'll get alot of laughs for that 26 bucks. I see some movies cost that much. Anyway, alot of value here. I highly recommend it.

Hmm any and all mafia movies - Goodfellas, Godfathers

All stoner movies - Half Baked, How High, The Friday Series, Cheech and Chongs

More Series - Like Indiana Jones, Lord of the Rings, Matrix, Scream, Firday the 13th, Halloween, Scary Movie,

Kids Classics I want to get like - Charlie and the Choc Factory - Wizard of Oz

I have to have in mine - Tommy Boy, Dumb and Dumber

All the Disney Movies - That would be good

Comment

saving private ryan
      Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

My Family Series 1 and 2. It's a hilarious British Sitcom.
        sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Although I do not have a DVD player, I would think that seeing any of the following movies on a big enough screen in a digital format with a serious home theater system might be cool:

Citizen Kane
          His Girl Friday
          Angels with Dirty Faces
          Casablanca
          Midnight Cowboy
          Young Frankenstein
          Star Wars Trilogy (original 3)
          Indiana Jones
          Jaws
          Alien/Aliens
          Blade Runner
          TRON (This movie nees to be remade, but I am afraid that it would become a Matrix-like special effects smorgasboard at the sacrifice of semblance of logical exposition)
          Annie Hall
          Highlander
          Planet of the Apes
          Last Tango In Paris

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
          You should check these guys out

Comment

I'll list what is must haves for me. Not to say I don't like a wide varity of films out there, just don't feel the need to own them.

Usual Suspects
            Evil Dead Series
            Highlander
            LotR
            Matrix series
            Legend
            Nightmare before Christmas
            The Crow
            The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Any buffy/angel fans in here? I'll recommend both of their series. Joss wheldon written many great episodes on both series. And i've grown fond of each character from those series, yet both shows were underrated and overlooked each year from the emmy snobs.

I agree on the curb your enthusiam series also, those were a riot!

Comment

I only have one thing to say, and I am sure many of you have seen this movie before, but if you havent..You havent seen a great movie..My favorite movie..Scarface...

Comment

Jared - Planet of The Apes?

Which version of it did you mean. I've never gotten around to watching the remake from a couple of years ago, but I do love the Charlton Heston original. Agree with your comments on Tron, Star Wars (can't wait for Sept), Alien/s, Jaws, Highlander & Indy.

Couple of suggestions of my own:

Das Boot - Wolfgang Peterson series about a German U-Boat patrol around 1942. If you can live with them, get the German language, subtitled version, it helps convey the atmosphere better.

James Bond: They've just re-released the box set over here, all 20 movies for £100. Couple hours of escapism each, and the early ones are still as watchable, if not more so, than today's stunt & effect filled block busters

City Of God: Brazilian film, I saw it earlier this year in Spanish with subtitles, ased on a true story, very disturbing in places, but a very powerful & compelling film.

Final suggestion for now, and I can't believe Dark Knight didn't plug it, treat yourself to Firefly
                  The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                  BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                  You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Re: Jared - Planet of The Apes?

Originally posted by Den21-Bal19
                    Final suggestion for now, and I can't believe Dark Knight didn't plug it, treat yourself to Firefly
                    I think his signature says it all..

But also, I though "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" was a really good movie...My dad got it for Christmas and I watched it cause he said it was really funny..And it was..

Also you all have to get all the seasons to the Family Guy, that show is sooo funny..

Comment

Full Metal Jacket - Badass

Pulp Fiction - Badass
                      sigpic

Comment

Ohhh I'm not done suggesting titles. I'm just kinda suggesting one at a time here and I thought everyone would roll their eyes if I came out with Firelfy right away.

Anyway, here's my official endorsement.

Get Firefly on DVD. Not only is it a great show but it is a great DVD set. It comes with all 14 episodes, 3 of which never made it on air. There are commentaries for 7 episodes (which I've heard and they all entertaining). They have a gag reel, 4 featurettes, and some other goodies as well. It a brillant show that's very well written and directed. The chacters/actors have great chemistry and are easy to like. All in all. It's one of the best shows I've ever seen. It had alot of potential and it was sad to see it not get it's due on tv. There is a movie coming out in 2005 however so I and other Firefly fans are excited about that. Anyway, I suggest you check it out. It's only 35 bucks and again you get alot of value for that 35 bucks.

Here's a list of the features

DVD Features:
                        14 episodes, including 3 that never aired

Commentary on Serenity Part 1 & 2, The Train Job, Shindig, Out of Gas, War Stories, Objects in Space, and The Message

Deleted scenes from Serenity, Our Mrs. Reynolds, Objects in Space

Featurettes: "Here's How How It Was: The Making of Firefly," "Serenity: The 10th Character," "Joss Tours the Set"

Alan Tudyk's audition

Gag reel

Joss sings the Firefly theme

Easter egg: Adam Baldwin sings "Hero of Canton"

Widescreen anamorphic format

Number of discs: 4

Just go buy it and Enjoy!!
                        Last edited by The Dark Knight; 06-21-2004, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Band of Brothers is another must have DVD set. I don't even like war movies and I liked this. Here's a list of some of the features

DVD Features:
                          All 10 episodes on 6 discs

Documentary We Stand Alone Together (80 mins.)

The Making of "Band of Brothers" (30 mins.)

Ron Livingston's "Video Diaries": the making of the film through the eyes of an actor (55 mins.)

Photo gallery

Previews of all 10 episodes

Interactive "Field Guide" featuring timelines, maps, profiles and other information

Widescreen anamorphic format

Number of discs: 6

I really liked that interactive field guide. It also showed the variuos ranks and their order which always confused me a little bit. I bought this set at Walmart for 66 bucks but it seems like it shoty up to $90 now. It's worth it at BOTH of those prices anyway.

Comment

Which version of it did you mean. I've never gotten around to watching the remake from a couple of years ago, but I do love the Charlton Heston original. Agree with your comments on Tron, Star Wars (can't wait for Sept), Alien/s, Jaws, Highlander & Indy.
                            Oh, of course the original. I had forgotten that they remade it. (Shows you how memorable it was, huh?). In general, I prefer original versions over re-makes. Unless it is an English/American adaptation of a foreign film (City of Angels, The Ring, The Magnificent Seven). Not because I do not like foregin films, but because I hate both subtitling and voiceovers. Too distracting to me.

Sorry for not clarifying.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                            You should check these guys out

Comment

The Simpsons Dvd's.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Working...
                              X