No announcement yet.

Must have DVD's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest, I don't watch too many of the added features on any dvd, i just watch the movie....except for Old School, that has some funny features on it.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
      To be honest, I don't watch too many of the added features on any dvd, i just watch the movie....except for Old School, that has some funny features on it.
      OK, that's fair.
      I just thought people would get the idea after I was listing all the features on these DVD's in my posts. Ohh and the fact that I titled it "must have DVD's" rather than "must have movies" but I guess that wasn't clear enough.

Comment

I'm part way through watching 'Alien - The Directors Cut'. 2 disc Special Edition including:

1979 Original Theatrical Release
        2003 Director's Cut - Approximately 6mins of additional footage, & introduction by Ridley Scott.

Audio commentary of the original release, with Ridley Scott (Director), Dan O'Bannon (Writer), Ronald Shusett (Exec Prod) Tom Skerrit (Dallas), John Hurt (Kane), Veronica Cartwright (Lambert), Harry Dean Stanton (Brett) & anybody else that came anywhere near the set!!!!

Dan O'Bannon's Original First Draft Sceenplay

The Art Of The Alien: Featurette & Screentests,

A total of 5 hrs Special features. I borrowed it off a work colleague, but I'm going to have to go out and buy it now, plus 'Aliens' if it's anywhere near as good. Wasn't too impressed with the last two films though.

I also picked up 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon' at the weekend. It was in the bargain bin, & cost me less than a two night rental. According to the blag, it includes 2 featurettes including a making of, full length audio commentary, Photo gallery & trailers.

I sort of agree with DK in that I do really enjoy some of the special features, however I've got some DVDs with next to no special features, because interesting though they may be, the film just doesn't need them.
        The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
        BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
        You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Originally posted by Den21-Bal19
          I'm part way through watching 'Alien - The Directors Cut'. 2 disc Special Edition including:

1979 Original Theatrical Release
          2003 Director's Cut - Approximately 6mins of additional footage, & introduction by Ridley Scott.

Audio commentary of the original release, with Ridley Scott (Director), Dan O'Bannon (Writer), Ronald Shusett (Exec Prod) Tom Skerrit (Dallas), John Hurt (Kane), Veronica Cartwright (Lambert), Harry Dean Stanton (Brett) & anybody else that came anywhere near the set!!!!

Dan O'Bannon's Original First Draft Sceenplay

The Art Of The Alien: Featurette & Screentests,

A total of 5 hrs Special features. I borrowed it off a work colleague, but I'm going to have to go out and buy it now, plus 'Aliens' if it's anywhere near as good. Wasn't too impressed with the last two films though.

I also picked up 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon' at the weekend. It was in the bargain bin, & cost me less than a two night rental. According to the blag, it includes 2 featurettes including a making of, full length audio commentary, Photo gallery & trailers.

I sort of agree with DK in that I do really enjoy some of the special features, however I've got some DVDs with next to no special features, because interesting though they may be, the film just doesn't need them.

Ohh holy crap!
          I love Alien but Aliens is one of the best movies of all time IMO. Alot of classic scenes and dialog. And it's hard to beleive what they were able to do with the special effects in those days. No CGI like now, all models, minitures and bluescreen. It still holds up very well today. Anyway, despite that, it's an excellent story and very well directed. (One of James Camerons best) I highly recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
            Ohh holy crap!
            I love Alien but Aliens is one of the best movies of all time IMO. Alot of classic scenes and dialog. And it's hard to beleive what they were able to do with the special effects in those days. No CGI like now, all models, minitures and bluescreen. It still holds up very well today. Anyway, despite that, it's an excellent story and very well directed. (One of James Camerons best) I highly recommend it.
            Believe it or not, I literaly picked that up in the street! I was out with the dog one morning, and saw a sleeveless DVD case lying on the road. Picked it up, and 'Aliens-The Directors Cut' was inside.

Straight into my pocket, got home, into the DVD player & the damned thing starts bouncing all over the place. Cleaned it up a bit, & it's absolutely perfect. I just sort of wish that they'd stopped after it, because all though they had their moments, IMO the last two movies were a let down.

That's sort of my point about DVD's in the context you asked the question. The 'Alien' set I've borrowed is fantastic, and since I don't have the film on DVD yet, I'll have to buy it. Since I've got an older version of 'Aliens', I'm not sure that it's worth buying the 'Aliens' same release, just for the special features. Probably the biggest attraction would be that it's got both the original & extended versions of the film.

You'll Never Walk Alone

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Comment

Originally posted by Den21-Bal19
              Believe it or not, I literaly picked that up in the street! I was out with the dog one morning, and saw a sleeveless DVD case lying on the road. Picked it up, and 'Aliens-The Directors Cut' was inside.

Straight into my pocket, got home, into the DVD player & the damned thing starts bouncing all over the place. Cleaned it up a bit, & it's absolutely perfect. I just sort of wish that they'd stopped after it, because all though they had their moments, IMO the last two movies were a let down.

That's sort of my point about DVD's in the context you asked the question. The 'Alien' set I've borrowed is fantastic, and since I don't have the film on DVD yet, I'll have to buy it. Since I've got an older version of 'Aliens', I'm not sure that it's worth buying the 'Aliens' same release, just for the special features. Probably the biggest attraction would be that it's got both the original & extended versions of the film.

Well, if you haven't seen the extended version then I suggest you get it. There's a couple really cool scenes that I wish they never took out of the original. I won't spoil it for ya.

Comment

The extended version is the one that I found in the street, and I already knew about the additional scenes from Alan Dean Foster's novelisation. What I'm trying to decide is whether or not to get the twin disc special edition of Aliens, which has both the original & extended versions on it, plus additional special features.

Is it worth buying it, just for the additional features, when I've already got the best cut of the movie?

You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

Originally posted by hugelynchfan
                  Detroit Rock City - big KISS fan
                  This movie does have quite a bit of features to it including a running commentary by Gene Simmons, teaches you how to play the lead guitar part to one of KISS's songs too.

Comment

Working...
                  X