Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• orangenblue420
    replied
    Dude that sucks BIG TIME - but see its bad karma - if you werent a Blue Devils fan everything would have been okay But seriously - Im glad no one was hurt and everything turned out alright - I mean you are a Broncos fa at least

Leave a comment:

• want2bAbronco
    replied
    perry, glad you enjoyed it lol... wasn't the funnest thing at the time, but we got a good laugh last night.

Leave a comment:

• Perry1977
    replied
    Holy crap dude, I know that was a really bad day, but I was laughing my butt off reading it. Hope everyone recovers shortly. Good read.

Leave a comment:

• want2bAbronco
    started a topic Fathers Day...trip from hell

Fathers Day...trip from hell

Well, let me tell you how my Sunday went. *in a hurry, so sorry for crappy paragraph form =p*

Neighbor rents a boat *pontoon/big metal boat* and we all go out for Fathers Day. There were nine people and five were children, my daughter *16month old*, there three sons *2yr 4yrs 7yrs* and his nephew *4yrs*.

We beach the boat at an island and swim/fish and eat for a few hours. As we are beaching the boat the 2yr old falls and cracks his head open. We look at it and it wasn't too bad so we decided to stay. After fishing/eating/swimming for a few hours we decide to head home. Now there were rain clouds all day, but the weather / boat rental place all said it shouldn't rain and if a storm was coming they would call us on the radio or cell. We were about one hour away from the docks and it start to sprinkle about half way back. Which is fine, but we were worried about the lightning that was striking over near the dock. We radio in to see what the weather was like and why they didn't call us. They said there weather station didn't give them a call and that the storm just popped up and it was raining and lightning really bad over there. "Beach the boat and get away from the water" was what we were told.

We pull into the closest island, beach it, and get everyone off and away from the water. Now here is the scenery. Trees, thorn bushes, and banana palms all around us with no open areas and one high area. The rest was under one to three inches of water. We all huddle under a bush with towels over the top and towels around the children to try to keep them warm. After about fifteen minutes it starts to let up a little but it was lightning still. Then it starts to hail, down pour rain, and wind kicks up. I get out to move the towels around everyone which does little to nothing. I tell them that I’m going to get the canapé off the boat; they yell and wont let me go because of the lightning. Lightning strikes the water about forty-five feet in front of us *close enough to make the hair stand up on your neck*. We tell everyone to move further back from the water. As we are moving back lightning hits a tree about twenty feet away, blows it apart and makes the ground shake. The children and wives start to scream and they all hit the ground. As soon as we all hit the ground another lightning bolt hits the water in front of us and another tree about fifty feet away. I tell everyone to lie in the banana palm and cuddle up. As we are lying there all the children’s lips are turning blue and my daughter is under me rapped up in a wet towel shivering and screaming. I handed her to my wife and told them to stay there and I ran back to call them. They said there was nothing they could do and that the coast guard couldn't come in until the lightning stopped. I ripped the canapé off and ran over and covered up everyone. We laid under it for about an hour with ants, spiders, and bugs crawling/biting everyone. Wife said she killed a small scorpion on the 2yr old. Finally the lightning stops and the rain slows down, so we called to check the weather over there and we made a break for it.

They were there waiting for us. Had blankets, coffee, and hot chocolate in the building. We got everything loading as fast as we could and took off home. Had to take the 2yr old to the hospital to get his head looked at, but other then that everyone is ok except for being cold and wet, and my friend and I are covered with cuts and bites all over from laying on the ground with the children laying on us. We were on the beach for a total of THREE HOURS... had to say that was one of the worest/scarest days of my life. I'm just glad no one got seriously hurt!!
Working...
X