First Days of High School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Days of High School

Its not the actual classes or the newness or even friends that make high school so amazing to me. I'm a freshman... But I don't even care. There's nothing tough about my school and the poser sophmore/juniors who act like they're tough, I can see right through them. So what if we freshmen have a 'look' to us, so my Honors English teacher told us. There are no hounds at my school, pretty much I feel freedom.

Freedom not to have to sit with the same people at lunch everyday because I've done that in the past. I'm looking ahead at who I can sit with tomorrow, and possibilities are endless.

Even more is I can do whatever I want, my choices are mine for once, something I've been waiting for forever.
    And my teachers... for once they're not babying me. There is even a class that is we're already being treated like college kids for AP.

I love this. This is my heaven.

But the most important thing is really weird.

I'm a very goofy person outside of school... but in school the last few years I'm very shy and withdrawn.
    The weirdness is that's done and over. I'm still shy, but I'm more myself in highschool. People I hung out with last year see a whole new side of me, and its completely refreshing for me. Despite having to wake up two hours earlier than last year... I was quite refreshed today after lunch when I suppose I finally realized I've changed into someone I've wanted to be for a long time. It's one of the best feelings in the world to know that I can make a million new friends just because I've changed into myself (haha). Not to mention I can go to any club and any sport and there are freaking tons of choices. Why... why was middle schoool so damn different??? I've been waiting for this!

And looking into this year, I know the classes are going to be challenging. Absolutely everything is changing, including how I'm going to go about homework. Everything is changing and I know that this optimism probably won't last the entire year... but this whole thing just makes me happy that I'm the same person when I walk into my house as I am when I walk into my school.

I'm just an insane kid...

I'm going to get stressed some time this year, probably when I get my first bad grade which likely isn't far off. I still get that sick feeling when the teacher starts talking about the papers we turned in. She starts talking about those people that obviously didn't understand the book and I start to worry... "Was I in that group?"

She starts talking about the AP exam in May and I look at 75 multiple choice question with a knowledge that I can not look at that light-heartedly.

I must fear this before anything else so that I can learn it. Am I scared? No. Am I worried? No. Am I apprehensive? No. I'm optimistic about future times with my new teachers, fellow classmates I've known for awhile meeting me all over again, and setting up a routine.

The last thing... that's important to me... that's how I get in a groove. So once I get into my sports, clubs, figure out how to carry books around, set up a homework routine, and have some constants I know that my comfort zone will be there. When I have everything, life will be good.

Well... until the next test that is.

thank you for listening. I wrote a poem about my revelation. But its not very good so I figured this is good too.

I am scared as hell since I have a quiz in AP stats tomorrow and I don't think I'm ready for it.

Comment

When are we gonna have a Broncomania freshman party?

High school has been alright so far. But today we had to answer questions out of the book in Science and apparently the teacher said write the whole answer and not just the letter. I obviously wasn't paying attention and since he counted off 5 points for not having the complete answer (I had most of them right anyways) I got a 25%..hooray for F's in Science.

Comment

*throws pennies at the freshmeats*

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DawgFanatic View Post
          *throws pennies at the freshmeats*

Free money!

Comment

Ah.. High School.

I just finished.... good.

No, I loved H.S, especially senior year. Twas amazing.

Good luck to all of you... do good. Do your job!

Now I'm off to make it in life with starting the real challenge in college.

Comment

you calling me a poser

i'm a Soph.

and high school is prolly one of the easyest thing ever
              and it goes by way to fast

I still miss the blue background.

Comment

im a senior and im scared as hell of the incoming freshman this year.

i hope the freshman dont bully me again.

Comment

Originally posted by T140 View Post
                  Its not the actual classes or the newness or even friends that make high school so amazing to me. I'm a freshman... But I don't even care. There's nothing tough about my school and the poser sophmore/juniors who act like they're tough, I can see right through them. So what if we freshmen have a 'look' to us, so my Honors English teacher told us. There are no hounds at my school, pretty much I feel freedom.

Freedom not to have to sit with the same people at lunch everyday because I've done that in the past. I'm looking ahead at who I can sit with tomorrow, and possibilities are endless.

Even more is I can do whatever I want, my choices are mine for once, something I've been waiting for forever.
                  And my teachers... for once they're not babying me. There is even a class that is we're already being treated like college kids for AP.

I love this. This is my heaven.

But the most important thing is really weird.

I'm a very goofy person outside of school... but in school the last few years I'm very shy and withdrawn.
                  The weirdness is that's done and over. I'm still shy, but I'm more myself in highschool. People I hung out with last year see a whole new side of me, and its completely refreshing for me. Despite having to wake up two hours earlier than last year... I was quite refreshed today after lunch when I suppose I finally realized I've changed into someone I've wanted to be for a long time. It's one of the best feelings in the world to know that I can make a million new friends just because I've changed into myself (haha). Not to mention I can go to any club and any sport and there are freaking tons of choices. Why... why was middle schoool so damn different??? I've been waiting for this!

And looking into this year, I know the classes are going to be challenging. Absolutely everything is changing, including how I'm going to go about homework. Everything is changing and I know that this optimism probably won't last the entire year... but this whole thing just makes me happy that I'm the same person when I walk into my house as I am when I walk into my school.

I'm just an insane kid...

I'm going to get stressed some time this year, probably when I get my first bad grade which likely isn't far off. I still get that sick feeling when the teacher starts talking about the papers we turned in. She starts talking about those people that obviously didn't understand the book and I start to worry... "Was I in that group?"

She starts talking about the AP exam in May and I look at 75 multiple choice question with a knowledge that I can not look at that light-heartedly.

I must fear this before anything else so that I can learn it. Am I scared? No. Am I worried? No. Am I apprehensive? No. I'm optimistic about future times with my new teachers, fellow classmates I've known for awhile meeting me all over again, and setting up a routine.

The last thing... that's important to me... that's how I get in a groove. So once I get into my sports, clubs, figure out how to carry books around, set up a homework routine, and have some constants I know that my comfort zone will be there. When I have everything, life will be good.

Well... until the next test that is.

thank you for listening. I wrote a poem about my revelation. But its not very good so I figured this is good too.

Give it time...you hate it in no time.

hahaha j/k

Glad you like it and seem to be headed in the right direction.

PEACE!!!

Comment

Best of Luck! Enjoy it! Somedays I want to go back to my HS days!

Comment

Originally posted by Missin#7 View Post
                      Best of Luck! Enjoy it! Somedays I want to go back to my HS days!

I second that!

PEACE!!!

Comment

Im a Soph so i get senority over all the little freshmen on the team. Damn call was used so much on me last year i felt like beating the kids up who kept saying it. Unfortunatly in my school the 9th graders get there own school so i dont get top pick/harass them until wrestling season.

As for the freshman here, im hungry make me something to eat.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") <-------Post Peach in your sig if you want world domination

Comment

****in freshies...
                          the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

High school = jaded

Comment

I officially start my freshman year in 10 hours and 59 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                              X