X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    Originally posted by Kapaibro View Post
    I know a lot of people in NZ with pure-bred dogs, and they treat 'em like dogs.

I've NEVER seen a dog in a bag in NZ!

Hell, I used to have a former champion Schipperke who ended up being my step-fathers farm-dog.
    She will be happy to hear that.

The last time she house sitted for this lady in Hawaii, she had a daily routine she had to follow for a stupid cat. It was truly amazing the "schedule" this woman had slapped on my friend that was to be followed to the letter each and every day.

One of the things this lady demanded was that my friend was supposed to keep on eye on the cat when it used the litter box. She was supposed to change and put fresh litter in it each time the cat did it's duty. The lady said it would need to be changed about 5 times a day. The cat even ate out of a crystal bowl.

I was like..... Oh Brother!!

Leave a comment:

• Kapaibro
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    Atta Boy Bilbo!! He gets bisquit.

What an amazing dog story!!

I didn't know that breed had webbed feet either.

Kap... I was thinking about you last night when my friend in Maui told us she is going to New Zealand for 3 weeks on September 14th. She is going to house sit for some rich people and watch their poodle speaking of dogs. I wonder how spoiled little FiFi is going to be for her?
    I know a lot of people in NZ with pure-bred dogs, and they treat 'em like dogs.

I've NEVER seen a dog in a bag in NZ!

Hell, I used to have a former champion Schipperke who ended up being my step-fathers farm-dog.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    Atta Boy Bilbo!! He gets bisquit.

What an amazing dog story!!

I didn't know that breed had webbed feet either.

Kap... I was thinking about you last night when my friend in Maui told us she is going to New Zealand for 3 weeks on September 14th. She is going to house sit for some rich people and watch their poodle speaking of dogs. I wonder how spoiled little FiFi is going to be for her?

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by Kapaibro View Post
    Broncomania/country, for learning stuff.

The weirdo cuts on poodles were originally designed to keep the dog warm, and bouyant when they had to retrieve ducks from the water for the hunter. Yep, poodles(the bigger ones) were originally hunting dogs!

They're also great for people with allergies to animal fur, as they have hair similar to what humans have.

Well, I just learned something else. Very interesting.

College of Broncomania/country. Hope I get my degree soon.

Leave a comment:

• Kapaibro
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFaninMD View Post
    Great story.

I didn't know some dogs had webbed feet.
    Broncomania/country, for learning stuff.

The weirdo cuts on poodles were originally designed to keep the dog warm, and bouyant when they had to retrieve ducks from the water for the hunter. Yep, poodles(the bigger ones) were originally hunting dogs!

They're also great for people with allergies to animal fur, as they have hair similar to what humans have.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Great story.

I didn't know some dogs had webbed feet.

Leave a comment:

• Den21-Bal19
    replied
    Truly man's best friend

Shame that some 'people' can't appreciate all the useful things, apart from pure companionship, that our four legged friends can do, instead of setting them in a pit against each other for a few bucks

Leave a comment:

• Kapaibro
    replied
    I think it's a great idea. Newfies and Portugese Water dogs are BRED to do this sort of thing, so it makes tons of sense!

Leave a comment:

• AZ Snake Fan
    replied
    --- Amazing !!!

--- Good boy Bilbo !!!

--- :clap: :clap: :clap:

---

Leave a comment:

• Kapaibro
    started a topic Beach rescue dog alerts swimmer

Beach rescue dog alerts swimmer

Link

Bilbo has had to pass swimming and fitness tests to join the team
    Cornwall's first beach rescue dog has been praised for helping to prevent a swimmer getting into difficulties.

His quick-thinking stopped a tourist from entering the water when the currents were too dangerous.

"It was like he was saying to me 'it's too dangerous - don't go in'," said Lein Snippe, who is currently on holiday in the county.

"Bilbo, without any direction from me, just took straight off down the hill," said his handler, Steve Jamieson.

"He placed himself between her and the sea and just wouldn't allow her any access into the sea at all.

"When she did creep into the sea he swam in front of her."

Bilbo has had to pass swimming and fitness tests to join the team and spends his days patrolling Cornish beaches with his handler.

"The dog just came from behind and just seemed to be playing," said Ms Snippe.

"But the moment I got to the water it was almost blocking me, trying to avoid me going any further. The more I got in the more nervous the dog got."

"Basically he was telling me 'don't do it'."

The Newfoundlands' webbed feet and water-resistant coats make them ideal lifeguards.

Bilbo has his own lifeguard vest with safety messages written across it to warn holidaymakers not to go beyond the designated swimming and surfing areas.

Working...
X