Star Wars original trilogy DVD's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars original trilogy DVD's

This is thread dedicated to one of the most anticipated DVD releases ever. The Star Wars original Trilogy DVD's. With a release date of Sept 21st of this year, excitement is building up. There is said to be a few changes made throughout the films to give them a little more update with the current films but not everyone knows exactly what that means. One thing for sure is that they have been maximized for the DVD format in order to take advantage of it's abilities. There have been tons of rumors flying around of course and it's hard to know which to beleive and which to not beleive.
    I really have only 2 requests.

1. Han shoots first.

2. Luke doesn't scream like a b!tch when he jumps down the turboshaft thingy.

Everything else I don't really care about.

Here's a list of the special features that will appear on the disc according to Amazon.com

DVD Features:
    Includes:

Episode IV, A New Hope

Commentary by George Lucas, Ben Burtt, Dennis Muren, and Carrie Fisher

Episode V, The Empire Strikes Back

Commentary by George Lucas, Irvin Kershner, Lawrence Kasdan, Ben Burtt, Dennis Muren, and Carrie Fisher

Episode VI, Return of the Jedi

Commentary by George Lucas, Lawrence Kasdan, Ben Burtt, Dennis Muren, and Carrie Fisher

Bonus disc: all-new bonus features, including the most comprehensive feature-length documentary ever produced on the Star Wars saga, and never-before-seen footage from the making of all three films

"Empire of Dreams: The Story of the Star Wars Trilogy"

Featurettes: The Legendary Creatures of Star Wars, The Birth of the Lightsabre, The Legacy of Star Wars

Teasers, trailers, TV spots, still galleries

Playable Xbox demo of the new Lucasarts game Star Wars Battlefront

The making of the Episode III videogame

Exclusive preview of Star Wars: Episode III

Widescreen anamorphic format

Number of discs: 4

Also here's some disc art that was just recently released to the media courtesy of The Digital Bits.

Star Wars disc art

I'm eagerly looking foward to it, I wished the starwars christmas special were on the dics though. But at least we finally get them on dvd after waiting for so long. Can't wait for episode 3!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony
      I'm eagerly looking foward to it, I wished the starwars christmas special were on the dics though. But at least we finally get them on dvd after waiting for so long. Can't wait for episode 3!
      Lucas probably burned the negatives on those.

Comment

It would also be nice if when Luke returns to Yavin after blowing up the deathstar... he didn't jump out of the X-wing and yell "Carrie!"
        The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!

Comment

i have it preordered along with the xbox game star wars battlefront
          Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Re: Star Wars original trilogy DVD's

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
            This is thread dedicated to one of the most anticipated DVD releases ever. The Star Wars original Trilogy DVD's. With a release date of Sept 21st of this year, excitement is building up. There is said to be a few changes made throughout the films to give them a little more update with the current films but not everyone knows exactly what that means. One thing for sure is that they have been maximized for the DVD format in order to take advantage of it's abilities. There have been tons of rumors flying around of course and it's hard to know which to beleive and which to not beleive.
            I really have only 2 requests.

1. Han shoots first.

2. Luke doesn't scream like a b!tch when he jumps down the turboshaft thingy.
            I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed, DK. Lucas is apparently being a real ***** about this and is releasing only the Special Editions including the Greedo shooting first and missing at point blank range bull****. He claims it is his artistic right to not release the original editions of the film because they weren't his true vision and the revised films are. But I'm 99% sure he'll change his tune and "give in" to what the fans really want...after he's milked the Special Editions as much as possible.
            "You can't take the sky from me..."
            ------
            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Are they releasing the dvds as a box set of the first three movies, or are the last two movies going to be included as well? I personally didnt like the last two, but I expect the next one to be much better. If they are coming out with only the first three only in the box then I definitely buying it
              "Hey that's great, but who are the Chefs?" - Snickers commercial

Comment

Re: Star Wars original trilogy DVD's

This is thread dedicated to one of the most anticipated DVD releases ever. The Star Wars original Trilogy DVD's. With a release date of Sept 21st of this year, excitement is building up.
                Alright Benny, lets you and I camp out in front of the store so we can be the first in line to buy the special edition stuff When do you want to start waiting?

The earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens
                Baha'u'llah

"Everyone takes turns making mistakes in poker. The trick is to skip your turn."
                Mike Caro

"The all-in play works every time but once"

You can observe a lot just by watching.
                Yogi Berra

every year.

Comment

Re: Re: Star Wars original trilogy DVD's

Originally posted by Uula Bear
                  Alright Benny, lets you and I camp out in front of the store so we can be the first in line to buy the special edition stuff When do you want to start waiting?
                  I already pre-ordered from Amazon so I guess I'll have to sit that one out.

Comment

Originally posted by Denver#1
                    Are they releasing the dvds as a box set of the first three movies, or are the last two movies going to be included as well? I personally didnt like the last two, but I expect the next one to be much better. If they are coming out with only the first three only in the box then I definitely buying it
                    Yeah, just the prginal trilogy. They are selling the movies separately as well although I don't know why anyone would want to do that. If you buy one then you have to buy the other two. It's the law.

Comment

Yeah, just the prginal trilogy. They are selling the movies separately as well although I don't know why anyone would want to do that. If you buy one then you have to buy the other two. It's the law.
                      Actually, I don't think Lucas is giving us a choice. You buy the whole original trilogy or none at all. I read an interview with Lucas where he explained why he won't let us choose to buy the individual movies and why he won't let us choose the original over the special edition versions but it sounded like complete bull to me. It's all about money and nothing else, in my opinion.
                      ------

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                        Actually, I don't think Lucas is giving us a choice. You buy the whole original trilogy or none at all. I read an interview with Lucas where he explained why he won't let us choose to buy the individual movies and why he won't let us choose the original over the special edition versions but it sounded like complete bull to me. It's all about money and nothing else, in my opinion.
                        well jav it is his story
                        Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Originally posted by Booher
                          well jav it is his story
                          Hey, I know it is and I know I can't force him to be a reasonable human being. The best I can do is call him the egomaniac that he is.
                          ------

Comment

Why the fux has your buddy and mine... "Yoda" not responded to this thread yet?

As for me.... I didn't know about the 2 bloopers mentioned above. I'll have to look for those. Thanks for the scoop :p

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
                            ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

Originally posted by NOLABroncofan
                              Why the fux has your buddy and mine... "Yoda" not responded to this thread yet?

As for me.... I didn't know about the 2 bloopers mentioned above. I'll have to look for those. Thanks for the scoop :p

Nuff said...
                              There are a couple of other sublte ones:

In ESB (Empire Strikes Back), when R2 falls into the swamp and gets swallowed by some huge, underwater creature and shortly gets spit back out, Luke originally goes over and says, "You're lucky you don't tase very good." For some unfathomable reason, Lucas changed that line in the Special Edition to "You're lucky to get out of there." So, who exactly was offended by the original line?

In original cantina scene in Star Wars, Lucas just changed one of the critters that looked kind of scary into one of those cutesy elephant looking aliens.

Neither of those are a huge deal but make you ask, "Why?" I just hope Lucas sticks to his money grubbing ways and puts out the original Original trilogy in order to milk the die-hards. Hear that Georgie? I'm ready to give you even more of my money if you'll release the unaltered editions!

(FYI, I'm fully aware that Lucas won't be reading this forum. )
                              ------

Comment

Working...
                              X