Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Javalon
    There are a couple of other sublte ones:

In ESB (Empire Strikes Back), when R2 falls into the swamp and gets swallowed by some huge, underwater creature and shortly gets spit back out, Luke originally goes over and says, "You're lucky you don't tase very good." For some unfathomable reason, Lucas changed that line in the Special Edition to "You're lucky to get out of there." So, who exactly was offended by the original line?

In original cantina scene in Star Wars, Lucas just changed one of the critters that looked kind of scary into one of those cutesy elephant looking aliens.

Neither of those are a huge deal but make you ask, "Why?" I just hope Lucas sticks to his money grubbing ways and puts out the original Original trilogy in order to milk the die-hards. Hear that Georgie? I'm ready to give you even more of my money if you'll release the unaltered editions!

(FYI, I'm fully aware that Lucas won't be reading this forum. )
    just as long as the late 70's special effects are updated
    Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Originally posted by Booher
      just as long as the late 70's special effects are updated
      No, they shouldn't even do that. Part of what made Star Wars so special was that the special effects were groundbreaking for its time. There are many film purists like myself who want the films released exactly as they were originally filmed. Clean the dirt off the film and any audio defects but don't alter the film in any way.

Spielberg was smart enough to offer fans both the original version and his updated version of E.T. Lucas should take a cue from Spielberg and think about what the fans want and not just what he wants. After all, it was the fans who made Lucas the demigod he considers himself to be.
      "You can't take the sky from me..."
      ------
      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

I got a question about The Empire Strikes Back.

Did Yoda cause Luke's X-Wing to crash?

It seems funny that he would crash that close to where Yoda resides.
        Maybe the force was guiding him there but How do we know that Yoda didn't have anymore direct involvment?

We have a Yoda on the boards, maybe he can answer these questions.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
          I got a question about The Empire Strikes Back.

Did Yoda cause Luke's X-Wing to crash?

It seems funny that he would crash that close to where Yoda resides.
          Maybe the force was guiding him there but How do we know that Yoda didn't have anymore direct involvment?

We have a Yoda on the boards, maybe he can answer these questions.
          Good question. I'm guessing Yoda was guiding Luke toward him with the Force but he mistakenly thought Luke was a better pilot.
          ------

Comment

Yoda caused the crash.

My God I sound like a real nerd saying this but a few years ago I read the Timathy Zahn books (the ones that everyone raved about) that had Lucas's right to take up where the Return of the Jedi left off. In those books Zahn makes it pretty clear that Yoda caused the X-Wing to malfunction and land Luke right by his house ("Looking, found someone I would say hmm?") Great scene! I don't know if anyone else read these books but since they had Lucas's okay I would assume they are correct.

By the way I heard that the updated Star Wars released on DVD was going to have Gungans (you know Jar-Jars) all over Mos Eisley. I hope so but its just a rumor...

...just kidding about Jar-Jar. If any of those f-in things are in the update I will return the DVDs straight to Lucas. "Worst character EVER!!!!!!!!!" Comic Book Guy.

Cody
            "I'm not arrogant either but I am as close to being an expert on the game as anyone on this site will ever get." Zack Morris
            "These people need me." Zack Morris
            "Yes, [Vick] has a cannon. But he's also accurate." Zack Morris
            "I've sat and watched Vick throw more accurate passes than most of the starting quarterbacks in the leaue on a weekly basis." Zack Morris
            "COMPLETION PERCENTAGE DOES NOT INDICATE HOW ACCURATE A QUARTERBACK IS." Zack Morris
            "McNairs WRs make him look a hell of alot better than he really is." Zack Morris
            "The Titans have arguably the best receiving core [sic] in the NFL." Zack Morris
            "Charlie Joiner was not that good." Zack Morris
            "Lynn Swan [sic] is generally regarded as one of the most overrated players in the hall...BUT OVERRATED PLAYERS MADE IT IN ALOT BACK THEN." (Swann inducted in 2001) Zack Morris
            "With Harrison, Wayne, and another able TE on his own team, I have my doubts [Jason] Witten will do that maybe in a couple of years." Zack Morris
            "Neener neener!" Zack Morris

LONG LIVE THE EXPERT!

Comment

Re: Yoda caused the crash.

Originally posted by Elway4King
              My God I sound like a real nerd saying this but a few years ago I read the Timathy Zahn books (the ones that everyone raved about) that had Lucas's right to take up where the Return of the Jedi left off. In those books Zahn makes it pretty clear that Yoda caused the X-Wing to malfunction and land Luke right by his house ("Looking, found someone I would say hmm?") Great scene! I don't know if anyone else read these books but since they had Lucas's okay I would assume they are correct.

By the way I heard that the updated Star Wars released on DVD was going to have Gungans (you know Jar-Jars) all over Mos Eisley. I hope so but its just a rumor...

...just kidding about Jar-Jar. If any of those f-in things are in the update I will return the DVDs straight to Lucas. "Worst character EVER!!!!!!!!!" Comic Book Guy.

Cody
              You made me sweat there for a sec.
              Last edited by The Dark Knight; 06-30-2004, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Re: Yoda caused the crash.

Originally posted by Elway4King

Cody
                You jerk! I was starting to research the best sniper rifles so I could go take Lucas down when you said that!

Yeah, I read the Zahn books but I can't remember that reference 'cause it's been a good while. Maybe I'll re-read them and see if I can catch that. Speaking of which, if you haven't read it already, "Truce at Bakura" is the Star Wars novel that takes place immediately after the Return of the Jedi. It's a good read.
                ------

Comment

Re: Re: Yoda caused the crash.

Originally posted by Javalon
                  You jerk! I was starting to research the best sniper rifles so I could go take Lucas down when you said that!

Yeah, I read the Zahn books but I can't remember that reference 'cause it's been a good while. Maybe I'll re-read them and see if I can catch that. Speaking of which, if you haven't read it already, "Truce at Bakura" is the Star Wars novel that takes place immediately after the Return of the Jedi. It's a good read.
                  Thanks alot guys, I'll have to look into those.

Comment

Yeah, I been waiting for these. It's a must have for the collection which I'm proud to say is reaching the 200 mark.

That's kind of sad actually.
                    Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski
                      Yeah, I been waiting for these. It's a must have for the collection which I'm proud to say is reaching the 200 mark.

Oh well.
                      Heh, I occasionally think about all the money I've put into those DVDs and how I could've put that toward a new car...
                      ------

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski

Oh well.

It's not that sad.

I have over 600

Now that's sad!

Comment

Working...
                        X