Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B-52 bomber, accidentally armed with warheads, went over several states

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20427730/?GT1=10357

that's great- notice it wasn't the Marines! Freaking Airforce lol (inside joke)
    melissAnn Broncos Fan
    My Adopt-A-Fan is Davii
    I reject your reality and substitute my own~~ Adam, MythBusters

Comment

Sounds like the beginning of "The Sum Of All Fears"

Good thing one wasn't accidently jettisoned.

Comment

Good ol' "Why not Minot?" North Dakota.

Comment

Originally posted by NickTranOwnz View Post
          Sounds like the beginning of "The Sum Of All Fears"

Good thing one wasn't accidently jettisoned.
          If somehow a warhead could have "fell off", it wouldn't detonate on impact.

It's not like dropping a bomb in WWII.

There is a very sophisticated detonation system.

Also, in case of an aircraft crash, nuke warheads are encased with a material to prevent leakage and nuclear contamination.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
          The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
          http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
          My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

Also, in case of an aircraft crash, nuke warheads are encased with a material to prevent leakage and nuclear contamination.

thanks for this imformation.

i feel safer now from nuclear accidents

Comment

Hmmm I didn't know that.
              I was judging by the footage on the History channel.
              Thanks for the info

Comment

Yes, I knew that. That's why I said it was like the beginning of The Sum Of All Fears. A nuke was accidently placed on a jet and it was accidently jettisoned because it was thought to be an external fuel tank. It didn't detonate and "buried" itself underground, subsequently uncovered a while later by terrorists.

That's where I was going.

Comment

they were just going to go bomb oakland

they failed though.

I still miss the blue background.

Comment

I'm a little more concerned that they misplaced a bunch of nuclear weapons
                    you can just see the air force guy/gals
                    "now shoot- where them things go?"- "crap what do you mean you put them on the plane???" as you can see the plane off in the distance flying away...

how do you think that meeting went? um- sir, we can't seem to find 6 of those nuclear missiles... we think they might be on that plane that left 3 hours ago...

and what the heck was wrong with the munitions squadron commander- "Nuclear weapons are normally transferred on cargo planes, never on the wings of bombers, Kristensen said. Bomber flights with live nuclear weapons were ended in the late 1960s after accidents in Spain in 1966 and in Greenland in 1968."
                    So whos idea was it to tie them onto the wings of this plane if that isn't even done anymore? Was it like a dare or something?

good grief
                    melissAnn Broncos Fan
                    My Adopt-A-Fan is Davii
                    I reject your reality and substitute my own~~ Adam, MythBusters

Comment

Originally posted by NickTranOwnz View Post
                      Yes, I knew that. That's why I said it was like the beginning of The Sum Of All Fears. A nuke was accidently placed on a jet and it was accidently jettisoned because it was thought to be an external fuel tank. It didn't detonate and "buried" itself underground, subsequently uncovered a while later by terrorists.

That's where I was going.
                      Actually Nick, that was the only danger in this incident.

A slim chance that terrorists might gain access to the warheads.

However they were in the hands of the Air Force the entire time.

This all happened last week and the USAF has already taken corrective measures and instituted severe reprimands, even discharging senior officers and kicking them out of the service.

Some jerkwad leaked the story.

No harm was done, but the USAF brass are furious and kicking butt !

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                      The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                      http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                      My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

This incident will be investigated and I'm sure the final report will be leaked to the media as this one was. now how this mistake was made one or a few only know!

Comment

This quote made me think for a moment that I'm living in the United States of Springfield. As opposed to six warheads, someone

...reported the bomber was armed with only five warheads.
                          Which is sort of like this:

Doc, do I have cancer?

No Bill, you only have AIDS, diabetes, lupus, multiple schlerosis and sickle celll anemia. But you don't have that sixth one we tested you for. So it's not THAT bad.

Comment

Originally posted by maruske845 View Post
                            they were just going to go bomb oakland

they failed though.
                            I dont find this funny.
                            "Chillez was right Brock is best champ in the UFC, I Jump on Mir bandwagon and he got crushed."

Chillez won the sig bet. Congrats. Up next for brock? Fedor... stay tuned.

Comment

they should have dropped one on san francisco! that city deserves it after banning ROTC's from every high school in the city!
                              GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

[

denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X