Thank a Veteran Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank a Veteran Thread

With Memorail Day comming up, I want to thank everyone that served in the armed forces. If you are a vet please post in here so I can CP you. This is on the honor system please don't say you did. I encourage others to follow suit.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

I never served, so save the CP, but this is a very nice thread.

Too often we don't take the time to thank those that did what they did so we can live the way we do. Agree with the politics or not.... these people volunteered parts and in many cases, their actual life to serve the country. I salute them, each and every one. :salute!:
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Don't give me CP either. Seriously, don't. I can't do anything with it anyway.

I am a vet though, and I'll say the same thing I say every year - you're welcome, and I appreciate those that came before me, and those that come after me.

The life of a soldier is incredibly difficult. It's incredibly hard. I have nothing but love and respect for those that sacrifice for their country.

Their families too. Those soldiers have parents, siblings, children, aunts, cousins and friends. When a soldier serves, it is never alone.

My thoughts are with you, and we are all forever in your debt.

Comment

Heroes we can call our own

I want to thank all those who have served our nation abroad and here in the states.I know how difficult it is to be a soldier. I served in Veit Nam. So I thank all these young men and women that our out ther protecting us for the right to be here. I will say a prayer for all of you and your loved ones. GOD BLESS AMERICA
        Mike O.

Comment

Originally posted by exultu View Post
          I want to thank all those who have served our nation abroad and here in the states.I know how difficult it is to be a soldier. I served in Veit Nam. So I thank all these young men and women that our out ther protecting us for the right to be here. I will say a prayer for all of you and your loved ones. GOD BLESS AMERICA
          Serving in 'Nam you kinda got the shaft when you came home. I've had a few talks with my dad(he served) and some other 'Nam vets and I feel for ya in the public backlash that was bestowed upon them/you when they/you came home. Not nearly the "heroe's welcome" we have grown accustomed to through the Persian Gulf crisis'.

When my CP's recharge, I'll hit ya. For now and always- :salute!:
          *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
          *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
          *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
            Serving in 'Nam you kinda got the shaft when you came home. I've had a few talks with my dad(he served) and some other 'Nam vets and I feel for ya in the public backlash that was bestowed upon them/you when they/you came home. Not nearly the "heroe's welcome" we have grown accustomed to through the Persian Gulf crisis'.

When my CP's recharge, I'll hit ya. For now and always- :salute!:
            Well thank you my friend. That was real thoughtful of you. Yeah it was a bit rough 39 years ago.
            Mike O.

Comment

Originally posted by exultu View Post
              A few years back I was talking with a gentleman and he told me that he served in Nam so I thanked him. He started to get choked up, and to me I was the first person to EVER thank him. So that mean for over 30 years not ONE person took the time to say thank you to him.
              Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
              sigpic

Comment

just an fyi, memorial day is mostly for military personnel that died for our country

veteran's day, nov 11th, is for all who served
                Last edited by Apoc13; 05-20-2009, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                  A few years back I was talking with a gentleman and he told me that he served in Nam so I thanked him. He started to get choked up, and to me I was the first person to EVER thank him. So that mean for over 30 years not ONE person took the time to say thank you to him.
                  Wow, thats rough. Unfortunately, too many soldiers became the victims of the political upheaval of the time. That is horribly sad.
                  sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

http://tr.youtube.com/watch?v=tFS808...eature=related

May God bless our servicemen/women. Thank you for what you do.

Comment

L30, 19eddieroyal, come on leathernecks, get in here.

I gave my youth and basically my first marriage to Uncle Sam all in the name of defending the freedom we all love.

Hooah.
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

The following is a conversation that took place on another community I am a part of:

Person 1 wrote:

Seriously, though, I can't even pretend to imagine what things are like for actual soldiers, how their experiences shape their world view.

Person 2 replied:

It's funny you should mention that as it's something I bring up a lot when talking to people.

So I think about them, and it makes me cry.

When I served, we were defending an ally (Kuwait) that was entirely unjustifiably attacked by a dangerous and evil oppressing force. We went in, did it quickly and with few casualties, restored order, and pulled out of Iraq. We went in with no less than 30 full partners in the action, so much so that the U.S. didn't have to pay a single dime for the costs of that war, though we did sacrifice soldiers. It was a full-fledged coalition, however. Made together with our peers for a common and good goal.

When my peers made the ultimate sacrifice, we knew it was for a good cause, a just cause - one that made ordinary people's lives better every day and spared them from untold horror. The few lives we lost, while immensely valuable and irreplaceable, we knew were well spent and had been given up as a gift to mankind as a whole.

Because what we did was a good thing.

As much as any war can be, the First Gulf War was, in my opinion, a righteous war.

When I served, I did so proudly, feeling I defended the defenseless, that I kept the powers of harm and ill-will at bay. That I brought my nation and my people closer together with our Middle-Eastern allies as well as those of other regions of the world. I served with honor in an honorable war, and we did good.

At the end of the day, the world was a better place - I knew that what I had done made the world a better place for almost every man, woman and child upon it.

I cannot express the pride, thanks, and confidence that gives to me, or how it can never be taken away.

When I came home, I came home to cheers, to people hugging me. Women wanting to be near me. People buying me drinks everywhere I went. Claps, smiles, salutes!

I came home to a nation that was proud of its actions and its soldiers, because we had fought a righteous war, and done a purely good thing.

And then I look at the guys that replaced me... The guys that are over there now.

My nieces and nephews, my cousins and the children of my older friends. And I see what they have to go through, how it was done, what they accomplished, and what they'll come home to.

And literally, I have to choke back the tears.

This wasn't fair to anyone. To them, to us, our nation or our world. My war was purely good. Theirs, was purely evil.

How they feel about themselves, each other, and the sacrifices of their fellows will forever taint their lives - and the lives of those around them. Friends, family, children...

My peers gave their lives for the betterment of humanity.
                        Their peers had their lives stolen by megalomania and lies.

No one can ever take my feelings of the First Gulf War from me.
                        And no one can ever take their feelings of the Second Gulf War away from them.

I cannot be robbed of my experience;
                        They cannot be saved from theirs.

So I think of them, and it makes me cry.

Comment

Served 23 years in the Air Force. Retired as a Master Sergeant. Keep your CP my friend. It was an honor to support and defend this great country of ours! :salute!:
                          sigpic
                          Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS (SuperSport w/Rally Sport package).

Comment

Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
                            just an fyi, memorial day is mostly for military personnel that died for our country

veteran's day, nov 11th, is for all who served

Thank you Apoc13.

Memorial Day is a solemn day to remember our fallen warriors and and all those who have made great sacrifices for our country.

Veterans Day is 11 November.

http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                            The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                            http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                            My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
                              Thank you Apoc13.

Memorial Day is a solemn day to remember our fallen warriors and and all those who have made great sacrifices for our country.

Veterans Day is 11 November.
                              i'm a vet too and really don;t feel comfortable taking a pat on the back memorial day when i served during a relatively peaceful time in world history...memorial day is a day specifically set aside for those that have given their lives in the line of duty

Comment

Working...
                              X