Lucky 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucky 7

As AZ Snakefan was kind enough to point out to me, today marks my 7th year as a member here. Weird when I can remember signing up for the account waiting for Steve to fully activate the boards back in the '03. First few days there was only a handful of us posting, now we have 87,925 members.

Where does the time go? The Jake/Jay wars, the should we get TO debate a few years ago, the AFC Championship loss to Pitt, the last few seasons of second half collapses, and the loss of D Williams
    Been some interesting times here.

During the off season I mostly hang in the background and lurk, waiting for the season to roll around so I can do the game day threads like I have the last few years. I have found them a great way to meet new members season after season. I have met a lot a great people online through these boards, some who have come and went, but they left an impression.

7 years of Bronco football with fans, friends and rivals from other teams. It has been great. So I want to say thank you to all the members out there who have made it so great for me, who keep me coming here all these years for more. If it wasn't for these boards I never would have met Redbirdy80 who is sitting next to me right now and who I will be marrying next July.

I remember making my 5 year thread just like it was yesterday. I blink my eye and 2 more years have went by. So thank you again to all who have made it fun for me to be a moderator here, and more importantly a Bronco Fan. I look forward to more time here, and hopefully some better seasons for the team ahead! You guys/gals are the best!
    The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!

Congrats on the 7 years! Time flies quickly.
    Brock you like a hurricane!
    sigpic
    Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

Thanks, flies a bit too quickly sometime for my liking.
      Before I know it I will be some old fart telling those damn kids to get off my lawn!

Comment

sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Congrats, Elway!!!

I was here for the most important of those events.

Red, if he says 'the Jay/Jake wars', give him a little punch for me, please.
          Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Elway View Post
            Before I know it I will be some old fart telling those damn kids to get off my lawn!
            And here I thought that was Official Mod Duty #1....
            sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Wow! 7 years! That's pretty amazing. Congratulations and here's to the next 7.

I'm not even an old fart yet and I already get irritated if I see kids on my lawn that aren't mine.
              sigpic

Comment

damn 7 years! crazy crazy.

Does this mean we will win a sb this year?

Congrats!

Comment

No sir, thank you.

We'd all be lost without your level-head and occasional iron-fist.

Looking forward to the GameDay threads of 2010! :go:

I'll be hitting 6 years shortly. It seems like just yesterday we were critiquing Jake Plummer and Trevor Pryce, and now we have Tim Tebow (he was 15 when you joined!). I also like to fade out during the off-season... and the regular season depending on how things are going... I can only read so many pessimistic threads before my brain shuts down. Boredom breeds antagonism pretty quickly too .

Again, thank you for your dedication to these boards and your Bronco brethren.

Comment

As AZ Snakefan was kind enough to point out to me, today marks my 7th year as a member here. Weird when I can remember signing up for the account waiting for Steve to fully activate the boards back in the '03. First few days there was only a handful of us posting, now we have 87,925 members.

Where does the time go? The Jake/Jay wars, the should we get TO debate a few years ago, the AFC Championship loss to Pitt, the last few seasons of second half collapses, and the loss of D Williams
                    Been some interesting times here.

During the off season I mostly hang in the background and lurk, waiting for the season to roll around so I can do the game day threads like I have the last few years. I have found them a great way to meet new members season after season. I have met a lot a great people online through these boards, some who have come and went, but they left an impression.

7 years of Bronco football with fans, friends and rivals from other teams. It has been great. So I want to say thank you to all the members out there who have made it so great for me, who keep me coming here all these years for more. If it wasn't for these boards I never would have met Redbirdy80 who is sitting next to me right now and who I will be marrying next July.

I remember making my 5 year thread just like it was yesterday. I blink my eye and 2 more years have went by. So thank you again to all who have made it fun for me to be a moderator here, and more importantly a Bronco Fan. I look forward to more time here, and hopefully some better seasons for the team ahead! You guys/gals are the best!
                    wow... i can't believe it's been 7 years already. and i had no idea i was part of the inaugural year of the boards! woohoo!

mine is coming up in September. so much has changed since then, when we used to have the ability to openly discuss certain topics that are now reserved for the Starters Club House, i think we had fewer thread categories, and everything was just crazy...well i guess it still kind of is.

these 7 years have not been dull in Bronco Land for sure...

your Game Day threads are great and they are fast paced and can get pretty heated (i should know, i've been sent to the corner by you a few times lol).

Here's hoping we're still around in 7 more years and talking about a couple more SB wins!
                    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Real,

you've earned your Bronco Stripes through the years. Been a lot of changes since we started out with only a handful of forums. Some of the changes good and some upsetting people enough to cause an uprising. Just have to take the high with the lows. Always nice when I see those who have been hanging out
                      since almost the beginning and stuck with us to see where this crazy ride is going.

to all you other old Bronco Board Vets!

Comment

Congrats!
                        sigpic

Comment

Congrats Elway,you are one of my favorite mods and poster on the boards.Happy 7 bro ::salute!:

Comment

Wow. 7 years.... congrats!!!!!!
                            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Elway,

I can't remember for sure, but you were one of the first (maybe THE first) to ever respond to something I had to say on this board. That was in our youth, of course, and to some... during better times both on the board and with the team. We've been through so much change that it's all relatively meaningless right now, but you've always had a special place in my orange and blue heart. <sniff> <sniff>. :salute!:

Look for my 7th anniversary thread on Friday!!!

Do you remember bcollin1? He was probably the first member that became "board famous" within this community. Funny, thought provoking, and GONE in less than a year. I can't remember if he was booted or if he left on his own. Either way I've always wondered if he ever came back under a different name.

-
                              Those were the days...
                              Winter is Coming!

Comment

Working...
                              X