Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucky 7

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I too am going on my 7th year here and it sure doesn't seem like it's been that long!

    So congrats Elway and all of us that have been around since these boards were created.

    It certainly has been an interesting yet fun journey!
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

    sigpic

    Comment


    • #17
      Congrats on seven years! I'm a new member as of last week so hopefully I can have a seven year anniversary on this forum as well I wish I could have been here for the Jay/Jake wars. I'm sure it was very entertaining and heated!

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by aka_lemony View Post
        Congrats on seven years! I'm a new member as of last week so hopefully I can have a seven year anniversary on this forum as well I wish I could have been here for the Jay/Jake wars. I'm sure it was very entertaining and heated!
        I wouldn't use the word "entertaining" but then again.....
        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

        sigpic

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by aka_lemony View Post
          Congrats on seven years! I'm a new member as of last week so hopefully I can have a seven year anniversary on this forum as well I wish I could have been here for the Jay/Jake wars. I'm sure it was very entertaining and heated!
          Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
          I wouldn't use the word "entertaining" but then again.....
          It was an "adventure".....

          I'm coming up on 5 already!!!
          *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
          *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
          *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


          Comment


          • #20
            Early on (2004) there was the Portis for Bailey trade too. That was one of the first board-wide "adventures" that I can think of.
            Winter is Coming!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
              Elway,

              I can't remember for sure, but you were one of the first (maybe THE first) to ever respond to something I had to say on this board. That was in our youth, of course, and to some... during better times both on the board and with the team. We've been through so much change that it's all relatively meaningless right now, but you've always had a special place in my orange and blue heart. <sniff> <sniff>. :salute!:

              Look for my 7th anniversary thread on Friday!!!

              Do you remember bcollin1?
              I remember bcollin1 quite well, a controversial member. Intelligent and argumentative. We had to send him packing and it caused our first mini uprising with members threatening to leave. Now we have uprisings scheduled about once a year Glad you been here MnG since the beginning. Not too many of us around. Bronxbomber lasted a few yeas at least.
              The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                I too am going on my 7th year here and it sure doesn't seem like it's been that long!

                So congrats Elway and all of us that have been around since these boards were created.

                It certainly has been an interesting yet fun journey!
                Well fun sometimes.... Modding the game day thread after we blow a game like we did with the Raiders last year.... not much fun... the cussing, the screaming and complaining... and that was just the mod staff!

                Wonder how many '03ers are still hanging around.... should have someone make us a siggy like SNK16.
                The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Elway View Post
                  As AZ Snakefan was kind enough to point out to me, today marks my 7th year as a member here. Weird when I can remember signing up for the account waiting for Steve to fully activate the boards back in the '03. First few days there was only a handful of us posting, now we have 87,925 members.

                  Where does the time go? The Jake/Jay wars, the should we get TO debate a few years ago, the AFC Championship loss to Pitt, the last few seasons of second half collapses, and the loss of D Williams
                  Been some interesting times here.

                  During the off season I mostly hang in the background and lurk, waiting for the season to roll around so I can do the game day threads like I have the last few years. I have found them a great way to meet new members season after season. I have met a lot a great people online through these boards, some who have come and went, but they left an impression.

                  7 years of Bronco football with fans, friends and rivals from other teams. It has been great. So I want to say thank you to all the members out there who have made it so great for me, who keep me coming here all these years for more. If it wasn't for these boards I never would have met Redbirdy80 who is sitting next to me right now and who I will be marrying next July.

                  I remember making my 5 year thread just like it was yesterday. I blink my eye and 2 more years have went by. So thank you again to all who have made it fun for me to be a moderator here, and more importantly a Bronco Fan. I look forward to more time here, and hopefully some better seasons for the team ahead! You guys/gals are the best!
                  Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
                  wow... i can't believe it's been 7 years already. and i had no idea i was part of the inaugural year of the boards! woohoo!

                  mine is coming up in September. so much has changed since then, when we used to have the ability to openly discuss certain topics that are now reserved for the Starters Club House, i think we had fewer thread categories, and everything was just crazy...well i guess it still kind of is.

                  these 7 years have not been dull in Bronco Land for sure...

                  your Game Day threads are great and they are fast paced and can get pretty heated (i should know, i've been sent to the corner by you a few times lol).

                  Here's hoping we're still around in 7 more years and talking about a couple more SB wins!
                  Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
                  Elway,

                  I can't remember for sure, but you were one of the first (maybe THE first) to ever respond to something I had to say on this board. That was in our youth, of course, and to some... during better times both on the board and with the team. We've been through so much change that it's all relatively meaningless right now, but you've always had a special place in my orange and blue heart. <sniff> <sniff>.

                  Look for my 7th anniversary thread on Friday!!!

                  Do you remember bcollin1? He was probably the first member that became "board famous" within this community. Funny, thought provoking, and GONE in less than a year. I can't remember if he was booted or if he left on his own. Either way I've always wondered if he ever came back under a different name.


                  -
                  Those were the days...
                  Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                  I too am going on my 7th year here and it sure doesn't seem like it's been that long!

                  So congrats Elway and all of us that have been around since these boards were created.

                  It certainly has been an interesting yet fun journey!
                  All Four of you 7 Year Originals are amazing posters and a pleasure to have as members and/or Mods. Appreciate the time spent here with ya, enjoy the next 7
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Heh heh! 62 of us still here. I looked for all posters from 2003 who had at least 500 posts and posted at some point this year. Oldies rule!

                    1-16milehigh87
                    2-2 Minute Warning
                    3- aaronheeb
                    4- Accordngs
                    5- AsianOrange
                    6- AznBroncoFan
                    7- Bigplayshay84
                    8- bklynbronco
                    9- bleedbluorange
                    10 BroncFanInPA
                    11 Bronco30
                    12 Broncoballa2684
                    13 BroncoKing
                    14 BroncoManiac_69
                    15 broncos_mtnman
                    16 bronx_2003
                    17 chickennob2
                    18 Chronic_Toker
                    19 dandaman23
                    20 Dean
                    21 DieHard
                    22 Eddiemac730
                    23 Elway
                    24 elwayfan2k
                    25 Benchwarmer
                    26 Emancipator
                    27 flosstein
                    28 Gbt31
                    29 GIVEME6
                    30 gmjones2001
                    31 Hoss
                    32 Javalon
                    33 JayhawkBronco
                    34 JED Bronco
                    35 Jim
                    36 KCLadyFan
                    37 LordTrychon
                    38 Mount-n-Groan
                    39 muse
                    40 nickmeyer
                    41 Nomad Broncofan
                    42 Ohio Broncos
                    43 Perry1977
                    44 pikman
                    45 powder
                    46 Q-niverse
                    47 rcsodak
                    48 RealBronco
                    49 ReleaseTheBeast7
                    50 Return of Lava
                    51 RockyMtnConvert
                    52 rush_limbaughII
                    53 since1977
                    56 sportsgeist
                    56 Steedstampede
                    56 San Diego Donkey Herder
                    57 timp
                    58 Tony
                    59 wncbronxx
                    60 y2cragie
                    61 Zanataki
                    62 Zmabe
                    The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Elway View Post
                      Heh heh! 62 of us still here. I looked for all posters from 2003 who had at least 500 posts and posted at some point this year. Oldies rule!

                      1-16milehigh87
                      2-2 Minute Warning
                      3- aaronheeb
                      4- Accordngs
                      5- AsianOrange
                      6- AznBroncoFan
                      7- Bigplayshay84
                      8- bklynbronco
                      9- bleedbluorange
                      10 BroncFanInPA
                      11 Bronco30
                      12 Broncoballa2684
                      13 BroncoKing
                      14 BroncoManiac_69
                      15 broncos_mtnman
                      16 bronx_2003
                      17 chickennob2
                      18 Chronic_Toker
                      19 dandaman23
                      20 Dean
                      21 DieHard
                      22 Eddiemac730
                      23 Elway
                      24 elwayfan2k
                      25 Benchwarmer
                      26 Emancipator
                      27 flosstein
                      28 Gbt31
                      29 GIVEME6
                      30 gmjones2001
                      31 Hoss
                      32 Javalon
                      33 JayhawkBronco
                      34 JED Bronco
                      35 Jim
                      36 KCLadyFan
                      37 LordTrychon
                      38 Mount-n-Groan
                      39 muse
                      40 nickmeyer
                      41 Nomad Broncofan
                      42 Ohio Broncos
                      43 Perry1977
                      44 pikman
                      45 powder
                      46 Q-niverse
                      47 rcsodak
                      48 RealBronco
                      49 ReleaseTheBeast7
                      50 Return of Lava
                      51 RockyMtnConvert
                      52 rush_limbaughII
                      53 since1977
                      56 sportsgeist
                      56 Steedstampede
                      56 San Diego Donkey Herder
                      57 timp
                      58 Tony
                      59 wncbronxx
                      60 y2cragie
                      61 Zanataki
                      62 Zmabe
                      Wow. That is a lot of dirty underwear that need's changing!!

                      Just kidding..... all highly respected and it's been great talking with some of the 03'ers.

                      to all.
                      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Congrats on the 7 year mark. I've already been here close to 6 years, which is just insane. And I'm not even a Bronco fan!

                        One of the earliest memories I have is of Broncos Mountain Man(I think that's who it was, it's been so long) being a huge Plummer fan, and not wanting Cutler to take over. It would spark huge debates. Although he wasn't alone in that sentiment, he was certainly in the minority.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                          Congrats, Elway!!!

                          I was here for the most important of those events.

                          Red, if he says 'the Jay/Jake wars', give him a little punch for me, please.
                          Too right, you were

                          I don't think anyone quite can know how grateful I am for this place, for exactly the reason of this thread.

                          Who'd have guessed, huh?

                          And as far as Jay/Jake wars go, is it terrible that that was my first thought when we drafted Tebow... Oh boy, more QB drama?

                          LOL
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by LbloodOjunkieG View Post
                            Congrats on the 7 year mark. I've already been here close to 6 years, which is just insane. And I'm not even a Bronco fan!

                            One of the earliest memories I have is of Broncos Mountain Man(I think that's who it was, it's been so long) being a huge Plummer fan, and not wanting Cutler to take over. It would spark huge debates. Although he wasn't alone in that sentiment, he was certainly in the minority.
                            But, you love us.



                            Originally posted by redbirdy80 View Post
                            Too right, you were

                            I don't think anyone quite can know how grateful I am for this place, for exactly the reason of this thread.

                            Who'd have guessed, huh?

                            And as far as Jay/Jake wars go, is it terrible that that was my first thought when we drafted Tebow... Oh boy, more QB drama?

                            LOL
                            Hi, red!

                            Drama? We always have drama. It's called GD.
                            Administrator

                            Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

                            Lupus Awareness Month

                            "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                              But, you love us.



                              .
                              Absolutely! I wouldn't keep coming back if I didn't love you guys(and girls ).

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X