Yay For Me! I Got A Job Today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay For Me! I Got A Job Today!

After 3 long months, I've finally got a job and I can't express how much of relief it is. A huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.

My interview today went so well, they called me on the cell before I was even home being given the position. Jobs are so scarce around here, I truly feel blessed.

Starting at the bottom of course, but whatever!

My new boss is such a genuine and honest guy that I felt connected right off the bat. Paperwork on Monday and I start next Wednesday. Going to be long grueling days, but that doesn't matter. I need the bucks.

And one of the coolest things that came out in the interview, is I found out he is a Bronco fan! :thumb:

I'm afraid of how I'm going to be able to keep up my daily fun facts thread. I may look for a volunteer to take it over for me.

So for now. Doing the HAPPY DANCE! ---> :dance:
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Congrats man! Great news to hear!

You have to keep your Daily Fun Facts thread going tho somehow!

2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

This is the place I'll be working.

http://www.insituform.com/

They just relocated here from Sacramento and apparently there will be only 10 of us.

At my age, he was impressed with my history and also thought that I am "obviously physically in shape" to handle this job.

I'll be lining these pipes and preparing them for shipping. They have locations all over the world and if all goes well, they allow transfering to various locations if desired. They have a plant in Hawaii.

Medical benefits is a huge plus since we have been uninsured for so long.

Regarding my thread, I'll do what I can but as mentioned, I may need someone to take it over.
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Way to go!

Comment

Congratulations! And what looks like an interesting job playing with tools and working with your hands. Great for someone with your energy level!

Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations man, you deserve this!
            sigpic

Comment

Congrats Joe! That is really awesome! Im proud of ya! :thumb:
              sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

That's great man! As someone who has struggled with this economy along with many others, I know that feeling when you FINALLY convince someone how awesome you are and get the job.

Here's to everyone still struggling and to those fortunate enough to be making it through the tough times.
                sigpic

Comment

Congrats, that is excellent news pa!

Now you can help buy me a new Jeep Grand Cherokee. :thumb:

Comment

I was really hoping you'd end up working at the local Maverik.

So I could tease you!

Congrats on the job, Joe!!

Comment

Thats awesome Joe.

I can sympathize with you as my girl has been very actively looking for work for over a year and a half now.

I couldn't be happier for you.

Nobody deserves it more then you.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah man, you've been really stressed out lately and I could tell from your FB posts.

Congrats, and I know you will kick ass there. When you are committed to something you don't care who or whats in your way, you get it done.

just like that damn fence.

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                          After 3 long months, I've finally got a job and I can't express how much of relief it is. A huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.

My interview today went so well, they called me on the cell before I was even home being given the position. Jobs are so scarce around here, I truly feel blessed.

Starting at the bottom of course, but whatever!

My new boss is such a genuine and honest guy that I felt connected right off the bat. Paperwork on Monday and I start next Wednesday. Going to be long grueling days, but that doesn't matter. I need the bucks.

And one of the coolest things that came out in the interview, is I found out he is a Bronco fan! :thumb:

I'm afraid of how I'm going to be able to keep up my daily fun facts thread. I may look for a volunteer to take it over for me.

So for now. Doing the HAPPY DANCE! ---> :dance:
                          :thumb: way to go

Comment

Yay for you!

I'm so happy for you, Joe.

About your thread. Easy solution.

Tell your boss you need two hours for lunch and at least 3 half hour breaks, all on the clock, of course.

Priorities, you know?

Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

i work at hot dog on a stick.

im thinking about dropping college and making a career out of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X