Offseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Nuggets] Offseason Thread

Here we can discuss all moves Nuggets make as well as discuss what we think should happen this offseason.
    sigpic

I would really like to get John Henson in the draft. I think we could use a big like him off the bench assuming Javale starts next year or even if he is back.

I think we should get a back up Pg who can run, maybe Stone is the guy maybe not but I would like to look at options. Sometimes it was embarrassing to look at out FG % when Ty want on the floor in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by nic.zeman24 View Post
      I would really like to get John Henson in the draft. I think we could use a big like him off the bench assuming Javale starts next year or even if he is back.

I think we should get a back up Pg who can run, maybe Stone is the guy maybe not but I would like to look at options. Sometimes it was embarrassing to look at out FG % when Ty want on the floor in the playoffs.
      Henson is a lottery pick, i doubt he's there when you guys pick.

Comment

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
          Henson is a lottery pick, i doubt he's there when you guys pick.
          I've read a couple of mocks where they had him falling to us, but not picking him, so I will be holding out hope that he is still there when we pick

Comment

Masai Ujiri has stated that the Nuggets will match any offer for Javale McGee.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
              Masai Ujiri has stated that the Nuggets will match any offer for Javale McGee.
              Those are some gutsy words when you have guys like Mark Cuban out there.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                Those are some gutsy words when you have guys like Mark Cuban out there.
                I hope Javale enjoyed it here and isn't lured away by a little more money ( I know I know)

Comment

Originally posted by Spitfire Riggz View Post
                  I hope Javale enjoyed it here and isn't lured away by a little more money ( I know I know)
                  Even if he is, we match it, he stays, he has no choice

But I think he liked it here and he'll stay regardless. He actually got coached, and he got a real sweet connection with Dre.
                  2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                    Even if he is, we match it, he stays, he has no choice

But I think he liked it here and he'll stay regardless. He actually got coached, and he got a real sweet connection with Dre.
                    Yeah true but theres a chance Dre might not be back =/...

anyway I'll just leave this here....

Comment

You know I honestly believe the Nuggets and Thunder would have made for a better series.

Comment

Could you guys imagine where we would be right now if Scotty Brooks stayed as an assistant coach? WOW

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                        Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                        Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                        Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                        I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

Instead of starting a new thread I thought I would put this here.

Aiming for greatness, the Nuggets need more firepower if they want to shoot for the NBA championship.
                          Here's the target:
                          Austin Rivers is a 19-year-old shooting guard from a basketball family. He's got range on his jumper and the arrogance taught at Duke.
                          Dreamers think if quarterback Peyton Manning can pick Denver from all cities in the NFL, the Nuggets should also be able to attract an established superstar.
                          While not closing his mind to any opportunity, Nuggets general manager Masai Ujiri has repeatedly told me that Denver has yet to establish itself as a preferred destination for top free agents.
                          Sure, it's possible that Dwyane Wade won't be able to stand the Heat, should Miami get bounced from the NBA playoffs. The Nuggets would be one of the few teams with the basketball commodities to discuss a trade for a true marquee player. But what are the realistic chances of Wade or Dwight Howard clamoring to wear a Denver uniform?
                          Not. Gonna. Happen.
                          Right or wrong, the Nuggets are committed to proving a championship can be won by a team whose sum is greater than its parts, and Denver is emboldened by the ensemble cast assembled in Indiana by Larry Bird.
                          "Our goal is to win a championship," Ujiri said. "If I didn't think that was possible, why would I be here?"
                          It makes little sense for a young team to add an old gunslinger such as Ray Allen, the 36-year-old Boston guard due to be an unrestricted free agent.
                          The prospects of this draft, however, hold appeal for Denver.
                          With Arron Afflalo, Wilson Chandler and Danilo Gallinari, the Nuggets are overstocked in wing men. There's not enough time in a game for coach George Karl to keep all his centers happy. Add the team's 20th overall pick in the first round, and Ujiri might have the goods to move into the top 10 of this draft. It depends, of course, on how much Denver is willing to surrender in a deal.
                          But want the Nuggets to have a shot to do serious damage in the playoffs?
                          Go get Rivers.
                          http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_...-austin-rivers

I dont know what to think of this. I think he will be a good player, but to get rid of either AAA, Gallo or Chandler would hurt since our team has not had a full training camp together. I would rather find a big man in the draft rather than a combo guard.

Comment

Originally posted by nic.zeman24 View Post
                            Instead of starting a new thread I thought I would put this here.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_...-austin-rivers

I dont know what to think of this. I think he will be a good player, but to get rid of either AAA, Gallo or Chandler would hurt since our team has not had a full training camp together. I would rather find a big man in the draft rather than a combo guard.
                            If we are gonna trade up in the draft, I want it to be for a bonafide future superstar.
                            sigpic

Comment

Well the draft is a little under two weeks away, and the first big news is out IMO Ohio State F Jared Sullinger has been medically red flagged with back issues with team doctors adviding lottery teams to not take him. If he falls to us I'd love to take him, he can be a superstar and reminds a lot of Kevin Love. Another guy I like is Royce White, during combine drills he was giving other big men fits.
                              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                              I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Working...
                              X