• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rockies] Rockies vs. Tigers Series

Game 1 Crosby vs. Francis

Game 2 Friedrich vs. Fister

Game 3 Guthrie vs. Scherzer

My 2 favorite teams. Should be a fun series.
    sigpic

haha way to give up the lead again.... this team bites.

Comment

oh well were fighting for the win!.. go rox!

another one for cargo!

Comment

back to back!

Comment

See what happens starters? We get a decent performance and we win!

Glad we don't have to face Verlander this series, should give the team a chance to be competitive.

Comment

We need to play like that every day. We needed a win like that. Helps boot confidence.
            sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
            Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Francis blows. Still only could go 5 1/3 and gave up 4 runs.
              2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

But....on the bright side....we still have CarGo to watch.

Call me crazy...but I was out with a ton of buddies tonight, and we all bleed black and purple...we went out to the bar for the Detroit game....but the majority.... 9 of 10 of us want to trade Tulo for a good pitcher, over CarGo.

Look....I like Tulo...and he plays a harder position...but CarGo is the better player, hands down. Tulo isn't worth the money at all. Injury prone and inconsistent and unclutch.

Hopefully we keep it going and sweep the Tigers. My roommate is a huge Tigers fan, so I do like the Tigers somewhat as they have worn on me for a few years, as I've watched a good amount of their games before the Rockies games start.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                  But....on the bright side....we still have CarGo to watch.

Call me crazy...but I was out with a ton of buddies tonight, and we all bleed black and purple...we went out to the bar for the Detroit game....but the majority.... 9 of 10 of us want to trade Tulo for a good pitcher, over CarGo.

Look....I like Tulo...and he plays a harder position...but CarGo is the better player, hands down. Tulo isn't worth the money at all. Injury prone and inconsistent and unclutch.

Hopefully we keep it going and sweep the Tigers. My roommate is a huge Tigers fan, so I do like the Tigers somewhat as they have worn on me for a few years, as I've watched a good amount of their games before the Rockies games start.
                  You are all crazy trying to trade Tulo for a pitcher in COLORADO. Humidor or not a dominant pitcher in Colorado will not exist. Hard to call Cargo a better player. Cargo is an electric player but has had his own inconsistency and injury issues.

Rockies plan of action needs to be out muscle teams with decent to effective pitching. Last night is prime example other than Jeff not making it out of the 6th. If Rockies starters make it out of the 6th giving up 4 runs or less I'd feel comfortable we'd win it. As long as we go after a real closer. I like betancourt, but we are taking a top set up man out of his element.

We need to get back to the Blake Street Bombers days mentality.
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh it's not even a question anymore dude.

CarGo got injured by running into walls trying to make plays. Tulo gets injuries running up the baseline.

CarGo isn't injury prone. Tulo has proven to be. This is his 7th time on the DL.

CarGo is a MUCH more consistent player also.

Anyways, this was a what if scenario. I forgot to add that. Someone at the table mentioned he thought we'd trade CarGo or Tulo for pitching. He said he hopes it's CarGo IF we do try to trade for pitching. The other 9 of us said we'd rather trade Tulo, hands down.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                      Francis blows. Still only could go 5 1/3 and gave up 4 runs.
                      He was charged with 4, but one should have been unearned with Ottavino walking two and having a wild pitch.

Cargo on the other hand is swinging at almost every single pitch and is in a slump with risp.

Trading Tulo would be silly imo. The guy is the best SS in baseball despite injuries. Guys like Barmes are easily able to find work because finding a Tulo or Rollins is extremely rare.

Comment

Hahahahahaha.

Way to teach discipline to your team, Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
                          He was charged with 4, but one should have been unearned with Ottavino walking two and having a wild pitch.

Cargo on the other hand is swinging at almost every single pitch and is in a slump with risp.

Trading Tulo would be silly imo. The guy is the best SS in baseball despite injuries. Guys like Barmes are easily able to find work because finding a Tulo or Rollins is extremely rare.
                          Batting over .380 with RISP is hardly a slump.

He's aggressive. Always has been. Pays off quite a bit.

sigpic

Comment

This is why i hate Tracy. He killed Dexter's hot bat earlier, now he's killing Colvins to get Giambi ABs

Dumb
                            sigpic

Comment

I'll also add, even with how aggressive CarGo is.....he still walks about 10% of the time.

This year especially, he has learned more patience. He's learned to lay off a lot of pitches, that he'd use to chase.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X