Nuggets Power Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Nuggets] Nuggets Power Rankings

I'll try to remember to update this thread every Monday once ESPN releases their NBA Power Rankings.

12-24-2012:

Nuggets sit at #7. Record (15-13)

"Andre Iguodala's December woes are offset, at least slightly, by JaVale McGee's hints of progress this month: 12.0 ppg, .701 shooting and 2.7 bpg in just 19.4 mpg. Christmas, though, doesn't really arrive for the Nuggets until January, with 15 of their first 18 games in 2013 at home. At last."
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Really? 7th? I'm surprised.

I haven't had much time to pay attention to standings this year. And I know we had an extremely ridiculously tough schedule to start but I didn't figure us as being better than all but 6 teams though.

Hopefully now that the schedule eases up though and we are allowed to actually play home games we can get on a roll and back this up.
    sigpic

Comment

What it should say is "Andre Iguodala's tough shooting start to December has been far outwieghed by his strong all around play in his last 5 December games".

Last 5 games:

14.5 PPG
      6.8 RPG
      6.6 APG

Ever since Andre Miller apparently sat down with Iggy and discussed what he needs to be doing more of and less of he has been playing great and doing what most envisioned him doing for this team. He isn't trying to be the scorer and jacking up shots. He is shooting 59% since the talk and has been a triple double threat on multiple occasions. Hopefully he keeps up his strong play which has been instrumental to our winning of 4 of our last 5.
      Last edited by johnlimburg; 12-24-2012, 02:33 PM.

Comment

We've been dominant at home so far this year. I'm not surprised we've struggled so far this season, we've had a lot of road games early and everyone is trying to get a feel for each other. This is a completely different team from last year, the chemistry isn't there yet but I don't think we're far off.

Comment

15 of 18 at home to start January. I like the sound of that. 13-5 at worse hopefully during that stretch.

sigpic

Comment

Wow surprising but cant complain about this since we had such a tough opening schedule
            sigpic

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings

Comment

Dropped from #4 to #5

http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings

sigpic

Comment

meh. still a little high imo. I'd rather us be around #9 just so we can surprise people rather than "win because we should". I like a cinderella story.

but being good isn't bad!

Comment

Latest NBA Power Rankings - Nuggets #4!!!

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/rankings

Wow
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, we've been up there for a while hovering around 4-5.

There is another thread somewhere in here with the updates each week, forgot to update it this week.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                        Yeah, we've been up there for a while hovering around 4-5.

There is another thread somewhere in here with the updates each week, forgot to update it this week.
                        Did you forget or did you just get mad that we're actually succeeding in the media's eye.

Comment

Warriors and Grizzlies both lost again tonight.

Nuggets are 4th seed!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncNuggsRocks View Post
                            Did you forget or did you just get mad that we're actually succeeding in the media's eye.
                            I was super mad! I hate succeeding!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                              Warriors and Grizzlies both lost again tonight.

Nuggets are 4th seed!!
                              The 3rd is theirs for the taking. Only 3 games back from the Clippers who are doing terrible without Paul. He might be back soon but their schedule the rest of the month is a lot harder than ours.
                              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X