Trade Deadline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Nuggets] Trade Deadline Discussion

Well, the trade deadline is coming up, and our name is being thrown around a lot.

Mainly Timo....but other players too.

Here are a few trades that ESPN writers have come up with regarding us:

Garnett to the Nuggets for JaVale McGee

Gasol to the Nuggets for Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov and Anthony Randolph

J.J. Redick to the Nuggets for Corey Brewer, Timofey Mozgov and New York's 2014 first-round pick

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...-trade-targets

1) Eh.

2) LOL. I'd lose all respect for this FO.

3) As much as a love Brewer and Timo....I really, really want JJ....
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

I think all of them would be horrible trades for us. The 3rd one seems to make the most sense, but Brewer is a terrific bench player. He gives us speed with our 2nd unit that we really don't have. With no one to push up the court it'll be harder for Redick to get open looks in transition. And we struggle in our half court offense so I don't see him getting a lot of open looks there either. Also Brewer gives us a lot more length defensively, plus he's a better defender.

I'd love to have Redick though, but not at the cost of Brewer. I could see Mozgov, a pick, and maybe Stone, Randolph, or even Hamilton being thrown in for Redick. Redick is a great free throw shooter and we need more of those. He's a great 3 pt shooter too and there's always a need for that.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
      I think all of them would be horrible trades for us. The 3rd one seems to make the most sense, but Brewer is a terrific bench player. He gives us speed with our 2nd unit that we really don't have. With no one to push up the court it'll be harder for Redick to get open looks in transition. And we struggle in our half court offense so I don't see him getting a lot of open looks there either. Also Brewer gives us a lot more length defensively, plus he's a better defender.

I'd love to have Redick though, but not at the cost of Brewer. I could see Mozgov, a pick, and maybe Stone, Randolph, or even Hamilton being thrown in for Redick. Redick is a great free throw shooter and we need more of those. He's a great 3 pt shooter too and there's always a need for that.
      Yeah. I'm torn.

I definitely hate the first two.

I love Brewer...he's a beast off the bench. I would be upset, but not terribly upset.

If they'd do the first round pick, Timo and Hamilton...that'd be sweet.

sigpic

Comment

Wow I hope none of those rumors come true especially the gasol one.

As much as I love Redick I think Brewer would be more important to this team.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
          Wow I hope none of those rumors come true especially the gasol one.

As much as I love Redick I think Brewer would be more important to this team.
          It's hard to say. I love Brew, and it would tough to give him up...but JJ would finally give us that bonafide 3 point shooter for in the clutch.

Brewer is great on defense and can run the court crazy good. But, his shot is not consistent.

I don't want that trade to happen...but I won't be crazy upset or anything.

I hope they'd take a combo of other players though like throw in Hamilton and Stone with Timo and the 1st.

The other two trades are terribly stupid.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
            It's hard to say. I love Brew, and it would tough to give him up...but JJ would finally give us that bonafide 3 point shooter for in the clutch.

Brewer is great on defense and can run the court crazy good. But, his shot is not consistent.

I hope they'd take a combo of other players though like throw in Hamilton and Stone with Timo and the 1st.

Yeah I would do a Hamilton and a 1st for a shooter like Redick.

Then we could put Gallo on one side and Redick on the other and it would open up the floor a whole lot more for Lawson
            sigpic

Comment

The Gasol trade is for sure, but I get the other one, though I am not in favor of it.

Let's face it, Garnett even at this point in his career is much better than McGee, Koufos or Moz. He would really help this team. Plus McGee has been very underwhelming this year, if you have a chance to unload that contract then it is worth looking into. Still would rather hang on to Javale and see what he's got, but I understand the trade idea.

We need to make the deal that I have been saying we should make all year. Miami needs a center, we need a 3 ball shooter. Trade Moz for James Jones straight up, Reddick is not worth what we would be giving up for him.
              sigpic

Comment

They have birdman now, and james jones can do nothing else, or else they'd be playing him.

He has shot 35% from 3 and JJ has shot 40% this year on a lot more attempts. JJ has also shot 45% from the field on a lot more attempts compared to Jones 36%.

I'll take JJ, even though we'd have to give up more.

sigpic

Comment

As for the Garnett trade...it comes down to this...would he make us a legit championship contender. Would we win a championship with him?

I'm not so sure...we're a good team...but even adding him...could we get past the Thunder, Spurs, Heat, Bulls, etc... in 7?

Probably not, so I'll keep the young guy in McGee and his crazy potential.

sigpic

Comment

JJ is one of the best shooters out there. Definitely JJ over James Jones.
                    sigpic

Comment

As for the Garnett trade...it comes down to this...would he make us a legit championship contender. Would we win a championship with him?

I'm not so sure...we're a good team...but even adding him...could we get past the Thunder, Spurs, Heat, Bulls, etc... in 7?

Probably not, so I'll keep the young guy in McGee and his crazy potential.
                      The thing I do like about Garnett is his experience and his scrappiness but we will be trading a very young with high potential center for a player that probably wont be playing much longer
                      sigpic

Comment

Well, the trade deadline is coming up, and our name is being thrown around a lot.

Mainly Timo....but other players too.

Here are a few trades that ESPN writers have come up with regarding us:

Garnett to the Nuggets for JaVale McGee

Gasol to the Nuggets for Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov and Anthony Randolph

J.J. Redick to the Nuggets for Corey Brewer, Timofey Mozgov and New York's 2014 first-round pick

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...-trade-targets

1) Eh.

2) LOL. I'd lose all respect for this FO.

3) As much as a love Brewer and Timo....I really, really want JJ....

1. no

2. HELL NO

3. Maybe but losing Brewer would be a punch in the gut to me. Id much rather lose Iggy. But on the flip side maybe that would force Karl to play Hamilton. I love Hamitlon.
                        sigpic

Comment

They have birdman now, and james jones can do nothing else, or else they'd be playing him.

He has shot 35% from 3 and JJ has shot 40% this year on a lot more attempts. JJ has also shot 45% from the field on a lot more attempts compared to Jones 36%.

I'll take JJ, even though we'd have to give up more.
                          Of course I'd rather have JJ than Jones. But I don't wanna part with Brew or that draft choice. Jones would be the cheaper option and he is a career 40% from 3.

Birdman freaking sucks.... Moz would be much better for them.
                          sigpic

Comment

Idk, I heard he's playing decent for them. I haven't watched him though..so i can't say for sure. Just what I've heard.

sigpic

Comment

The first 2 are ridiculously hilarious. or hilariously ridiculous.

I think I'd do number 3, but we'd definitely miss Brewer. I'm not sure how that would work out. How is Reddick as a defender?
                              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X