Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    usually when players shoot 30+ times...it results in a lose :-/
    i just wanna see what'll happen is all. it depends on the player and team.

Comment

just a random stat i thought i'd dig up... this season, in games decided by 3 or less... this is the progression, chronologically:

L L L W L W W W W W L W

lost our first 4 of 5, then won our last 6 of 7... the only loss recently was gay. rudy gay.
      thats 7-5

not bad for a team that has no go-to guy.

edit:

decided by 5 or fewer:

LLWLLWLWLWLLWWWLWWLLW
      won 6 of the past 9.

10-11

edit2:

games double digit victories:
      LWWLLWWLWWLWWWWWLWWWWLWW

as you can see... we blow teams out more than they do the same to us. especially lately.

won 11 of the past 13 blow outs.

17-7
      Last edited by BroncNuggsRocks; 02-27-2013, 11:21 PM.

Comment

win friday and we're 5 back from the 2 seed forks.

Comment

we don't have a closer

we can't win close games
          2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncNuggsRocks View Post
            just a random stat i thought i'd dig up... this season, in games decided by 3 or less... this is the progression, chronologically:

L L L W L W W W W W L W

lost our first 4 of 5, then won our last 6 of 7... the only loss recently was gay. rudy gay.
            thats 7-5

not bad for a team that has no go-to guy.

edit:

decided by 5 or fewer:

LLWLLWLWLWLLWWWLWWLLW
            won 6 of the past 9.

10-11

edit2:

games double digit victories:
            LWWLLWWLWWLWWWWWLWWWWLWW

as you can see... we blow teams out more than they do the same to us. especially lately.

won 11 of the past 13 blow outs.

17-7
            Again none of this means a thing if we can't do it when it really matters.

Yes I do want to prove that this team can win without a superstar consistent closer.

But until we do it in the playoffs and win a series then I will continue to worry if we need a go to guy.
            sigpic

Comment

Good way to fight back in the fourth quarter, I don't like these games.

Brewer seems to be steadily getting worse. At this point I'd like to see him getting less minutes and Randolph a little more.

Did you guys see the shooting charts they had on the ESPN broadcast? Nuggets are shooting 58% or something like that from the paint which was a green area and then the rest of the areas were alternating red or yellow, even midrange shots. Then they showed a Miami heat shot chart and most of the areas were green except for a couple yellow and red spots. I know they have Ray Allen and Lebron, Wade and Bosh but we really do need another midrange shooter. Lawson has been good but Chandler, Gallo and Brewer seem to take more shots from 3 then they do inside unless it's layups and Iguodala is either shooting a 3 or trying to drive to the basket when he has a clear midrange shot, then he gets fouled and misses his free throws. I really really reallllllly would have liked to get Reddick.
              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                Again none of this means a thing if we can't do it when it really matters.

Yes I do want to prove that this team can win without a superstar consistent closer.

But until we do it in the playoffs and win a series then I will continue to worry if we need a go to guy.
                its not playoffs yet so i dont have those stats. We have to play playoff games in order for me to see how we do.

you know that right?

you know i can't predict the future, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                  Good way to fight back in the fourth quarter, I don't like these games.

Brewer seems to be steadily getting worse. At this point I'd like to see him getting less minutes and Randolph a little more.

Did you guys see the shooting charts they had on the ESPN broadcast? Nuggets are shooting 58% or something like that from the paint which was a green area and then the rest of the areas were alternating red or yellow, even midrange shots. Then they showed a Miami heat shot chart and most of the areas were green except for a couple yellow and red spots. I know they have Ray Allen and Lebron, Wade and Bosh but we really do need another midrange shooter. Lawson has been good but Chandler, Gallo and Brewer seem to take more shots from 3 then they do inside unless it's layups and Iguodala is either shooting a 3 or trying to drive to the basket when he has a clear midrange shot, then he gets fouled and misses his free throws. I really really reallllllly would have liked to get Reddick.
                  Yeah chandler and lawson are our only midrange shooters.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncNuggsRocks View Post
                    its not playoffs yet so i dont have those stats. We have to play playoff games in order for me to see how we do.

you know that right?

you know i can't predict the future, right?
                    Uh duh. Noone ever said you could.

All I meant was this seasons regular season success doesn't mean it will translate in the playoffs and change our success for the past two seasons.

You know that right?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                      Uh duh. Noone ever said you could.

All I meant was this seasons regular season success doesn't mean it will translate in the playoffs and change our success for the past two seasons.

You know that right?
                      I was just checking before you started asking for lotto numbers.

I provided facts and statistics, you provided subjective worry and ungrounded panic.

Comment

Working...
                      X