Rank The Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Nuggets] Rank The Players

Rank the players from best overall to worst overall on the current Nuggets team!

1. Lawson
    2. Chandler
    3. Iggy
    4. Gallo
    5. Faried
    6. Brewer
    7. Miller
    8. Kosta
    9. McGee
    10. Randolph
    11. Fournier
    12. Mozzy
    13. JHam
    14. Stone
    15. Q. Miller

--Now I bet some people think Mozzy and Evan over JHam is crazy...but I don't think so. I am not a big fan of JHam at the present time. He plays 0 defense, Mozzy at least attempts to, he's just clumsy at his size. JHam comes it and heaves it up right away regardless of the situation. I had high hopes for him and still think he can be good...but don't think it will be with the Nuggets. I don't think Karl likes his style, which is why we rarely see him. Hamilton could potentially be a JR, but not sure he will ever reach JR status. Hopefully he does...and it's with the Nuggets.--

What is your list?
    Last edited by Broncoholic3233; 03-26-2013, 01:16 AM. Reason: Added comments
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

1. Lawson
    2. Chandler
    3. Iggy
    4. Gallo
    5. Faried
    6. Brewer
    7. KK
    8. McGee
    9. Randolph
    10. Miller
    11. Mozzy
    12. Fournier
    13. JHam
    14. Stone

I'd put Miller last just to make you mad but it wouldn't be true
    sigpic
    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
      Rank the players from best overall to worst overall on the current Nuggets team!

1. Lawson
      2. Chandler
      3. Iggy
      4. Gallo
      5. Faried
      6. Brewer
      7. Miller
      8. Kosta
      9. McGee
      10. Randolph
      11. Fournier
      12. Mozzy
      13. JHam
      14. Stone

What is your list?
      Hmmm thats an interesting question... this is hard considering the different positions but here I go...

1. Lawson
      2. Gallo
      3. Iggy
      4. Chandler
      5. Faried
      6. KK
      7. Miller
      8. Brewer
      9. McGee
      10. Randolph
      11. JHam
      12. Fournier
      13. Mozzy
      14. Stone

The dots symbolize how far apart they are... 2-4 are really close, i was having trouble putting any of them over the other...

Comment

This is a good idea for a thread.

Tier 1
        1. Lawson

Tier 2a
        Kenneth Faried
        Kosta Koufos
        Andre Miller
        Corey Brewer

Tier 2b
        Andre Iguodala
        Wilson Chandler
        Javale McGee

Tier 3
        Anthony Randolph
        Jordan Hamilton

Tier 4
        Timofey Mozgov
        Julyan Stone
        Evan Fournier

Tier 5
        Quincy Miller

I found this hard to do so I put them into tiers. Tiers 2a and 2b are pretty close, with Gallo at the bottom and I'll explain that in a little bit.

I tried basing this on the consistency, efficiency and overall contribution/minutes that each player plays with.

Lawson is the best player on the team and we all know that. Started out a little inconsistent and slow but so did everyone else. When he started playing better it made the whole team better.

Faried and Koufos are very efficient scorers, their assist per turnover ratio is the best of our centers and they are the main reason we are 2nd in the league in rebounding.

Koufos is 11th on the team in turnovers per game, 2nd on the team in blocks per game and is 2nd in the league in field goal percentage. Pretty efficient, but he does lead the team in fouls per game, just ahead of Faried and .5 fpg ahead of Chandler. He brings it all the time, runs and plays tough in the paint.

Faried brings it every possession, has the best assist per turnover ratio of our Cs and PFs (although he's listed as a SF ) is 3rd in blocks per game, 4th in steals per game and our best rebounder. He's good in the pick and roll.

Miller is more consistent than people like to think, a great post-up guard, great passer and make good shots/layups in the paint. He's the main reason we're in competition with Lob City. He's tied with Lawson for assists per turnover @ #1 on the team. When things are falling apart he can come in and slow down the game and pick up our half court offense which is pretty underrated. He's the best fundamental player on the team imo.

We are 3rd in assists per game in the league and that's all Lawson and Miller, and also 3rd in apg.

I'm putting Brewer over Chandler because he's one of 3 players on the team to play all 72 games (Faried and Miller, Koufos @ 71, Iguodala @ 70, McGee @ 69, Lawson @ 68, Gallo @ 67 and then it drops to Mozgov @ 37.), always brings his best effort and intensity and is our scrappiest defensive player. Tons of steals, middle of the pack on pts & rebounds and 5th in assists/turnover. He single-handedly changes games and brings up our overall morale when it's low.

Iguodala is our best defensive player and can lock down just about anyone. He has been much better lately passing the ball and taking safer shots. He's 3rd in assists per turnover @ 2.0 which kind of surprised me because he's 2nd on the team in TOpg but he has been distributing a lot more. 4th in blocks per game, 1st in steals and minutes per game, 4th in rebounds per game. Take into consideration that he plays 34.4 mpg, joining Lawson and Gallo as the only others to play more than 30.
        His free throws and decisions to hold onto the ball and drive to the basket when perimeter players are open is what bugs me. When he drives to the basket it's normally with 3 or 4 defenders in the lane and he draws fouls. Which would be awesome if he could hit free throws. It's like he does it intentionally to practice free throws, but I'd rather him do that in practice than in a game. He's been better at passing though. He leaves his feet way too often, away from the basket when he has the ball like Brewer does and that leads to bad passes or traveling calls.

Chandler is good on both sides and powerful when he's healthy. At the moment he's tied with Faried in ppg, but plays 5 minutes less per game. 5th in rebounds per game, has a .8 assist to turnover ratio which is 9th on the team. He also is 3rd in fouls per game and but he hasn't played much and that should improve. He's relatively consistent stat-wise but injured too much.

I believe Iguodala and Chandler could both be top Tier 2a or maybe even Tier 1 if they're playing their best ball. They have the ability.

Gallo to me is very frustrating. He plays a lot of minutes and when he's on he's a dead-eye. Defensively he's a pretty good rebounder. I like to attribute that to the fact that he normally just stands around on defense near the key and boxes out every now and then. He's terrible switching and defending the pick and rkeeps oll and I've never seen a worse defender than him in my life. I respect the fact that he's an outside shooter mostly, but with how inconsistent he is at times yet still keeps throwing up shots it hurts the team. He's 7th on the team in offensive rebounds per game and he's 6'10" and plays the 3rd most minutes. He doesn't follow his shot, and his effort overall is why I have him this low. In transition defense he doesn't run that hard at all.

McGee is still very interesting and could also be one of those top tier players. The problems I have with him are is that he is dead last in assist per turnover ratio at 0.3, tied with Mozgov and 4th in fouls per game. He only plays 18.8 minutes though and that is 9th on the team. Those are some pretty bad stats for that many fouls and that many turnovers. In rebounds per 48 minutes I would guess he's somewhere right around Faried and is our best shot blocker and would probably be leading the league if he played more. Offensively he's a little better than Koufos and you know the rest on that end. He's just got to work on some fundamentals and coordination stuff and he could be great.

Randolph shows promise, isn't a bad defender and is a good shot blocker. Offensively he has some nice post moves. His assist to turnover ratio isn't that great. I'd like to see him play more in blowouts. His fouls per game is less per 48 and offensive efficiency is better compared to Mozgov. He's good to have for depth.

Hamilton is decent with the ball and sometimes a pretty good outside shooter but a little inconsistent. He's ok in the assist/turnover department (6th on the team and not bad for a SF). Defensively he has a lot to work on and some good potential. I agree with Broncoholic when saying he can be good but it will probably be with another team. I would trade Gallo and Hamilton to Milwaukee for Reddick and a 1st round pick in a heartbeat.

Mozgov has terrible hands, can't jump, gets dunked on and called for blocking fouls way too often and his assist to turnover ratio is dead last. He has a good midrange shot and some good post moves but always seems like a liability when he's on the floor. Too clumsy and slow. He would be a good value player to trade to a team who needs a big man.

Fournier is dead last on the team in PER at a pretty bad 8.1 (Quincy Miller's is -1 or something but he's only played a few minutes) and has as many assists as turnovers, which I don't think is very good for someone who should eventually be a 2 or run point. he fouls 1.3 times per game in 7.7 minutes which could be a lot better, but he doesn't play very minutes and the verdict is still out.

Stone has potential but hardly ever plays and now he's hurt. I think he fits better with our offensive philosophy than Fournier, and Hamilton.

This post took forever to write but I still had a hard time ranking some over others.
        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
        sigpic

Comment

1. Faried
          2. Faried
          3. Faried
          4. Faried
          5. Manimal

Comment

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to InElwayWeTrust again.
            :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
            sigpic

Comment

Oh hi my name is Jesse and I just disappear for months rather than discuss MWC hoops with my pal Bh3233. Then come in here and only talk about Faried and ignore our secret best player Mozgov.

sigpic

Comment

I'll give it a go.

1. Lawson
                2. Chandler
                3. Iggy
                4. Faried
                5. Gallo
                6. Miller
                7. Brewer
                8. Kosta
                9. McGee
                10. Randolph
                11. Fournier
                12. Mozzy
                13. JHam
                14. Stone
                sigpic

Comment

Oh hi my name is Jesse and I just disappear for months rather than discuss MWC hoops with my pal Bh3233. Then come in here and only talk about Faried and ignore our secret best player Mozgov.

Lol I've been busy man. I'll be back here more regularly now.

Plus.... not like there's much good to talk about MWC hoops.....

Comment

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                    Lol I've been busy man. I'll be back here more regularly now.

Plus.... not like there's much good to talk about MWC hoops.....
                    Truth. I missed ya again in Vegas though

sigpic

Comment

So anyways, some good lists so far still would like to see lists from a couple more regulars who haven't seen/posted yet:

-VonDoom
                      -DenverBlood
                      -JohnL
                      -MarkB
                      -BroncosDivision
                      -Beastly

There are a couple others too I'd like to see, but they aren't full blown regulars, so I'm spacing them right now...

sigpic

Comment

Truth. I missed ya again in Vegas though
                        Aww crap.... You were here? :doh:

Comment

Anyways, for a serious list-

1. Lawson
                          2. Chandler
                          3. Iggy
                          4. Faried
                          5. Miller
                          6. Gallo
                          7. McGee
                          8. Brewer
                          9. Koufos
                          10. Randolph
                          11. Hamilton
                          12. Mozzy
                          13. Fornier
                          14. Stone
                          15. Q. Miller

Comment

Ill give it a shot

1. Lawson (No brainer here)
                            2. Chandler
                            3. Gallo
                            4. Iggy
                            5. Faried
                            6. Brewer
                            7. Miller
                            8. Koufos
                            9. Mcgee
                            10. Randolph
                            11. Hamilton
                            12. Fournier
                            13. Mozzy
                            14. Stone
                            15. Q. Miller
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
                              Ill give it a shot

1. Lawson (No brainer here)
                              2. Chandler
                              3. Gallo
                              4. Iggy
                              5. Faried
                              6. Brewer
                              7. Miller
                              8. Koufos
                              9. Mcgee
                              10. Randolph
                              11. Hamilton
                              12. Fournier
                              13. Mozzy
                              14. Stone
                              15. Q. Miller
                              Good list. Agree with most, though i'd swap kk with cbrew.

cbrew has his nights, but sometimes he gambles too much and he takes ill advised shots.

Comment

Working...
                              X