2013 Colorado Rockies Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rockies] 2013 Colorado Rockies Discussion Thread

Discuss all things 2013 Rockies right here!

Yes, we will most likely suck and we still have the worst FO in all of sports (Avs are trying to rival it), but I'm still excited for the Rockies to start up again.

Here's to a great year from #2 and #5!

GO ROCKIES!!!
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Our offense should be good if we can stay healthy but pitching will be terrible and that's what wins you games just ask the giants
    sigpic

Comment

I'm excited to have Tulo and CarGo back healthy, and for Rutledge, Colvin, Pacheco and Fowler. Idk about Rosario yet but having Torrealba back is cool. Helton should have retired 2 years ago.

The offense will be good, no question. Defense will be pretty nice if Rosario learns to catch and stop balls. I think our pitching will have to be improved no matter what, last year was frickin' terrible but it's still going to be bad. Having Nicasio, De La Rosa and Chacin healthy should help a lot. I have no idea how Garland will do but he was good before he started getting injured. Might be like the Moyer pickup.

Belisle's been getting blown up and it seems like we're giving up a ton of runs in spring training.
      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
      sigpic

Comment

I'm happy to be working a job that will allow me to catch the home games whenever I want. Cheaply too.
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

http://espn.go.com/mlb/preview13/sto...division-teams

Interesting article projecting the N.L. West.

Saddens me that the expectations are division worst and possibly MLB worst.

But all we can do now is exceed expectations.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
            Saddens me that the expectations are division worst and possibly MLB worst.

But all we can do now is exceed expectations.
            Shhhh... Don't tell the Monforts that. If we win a few more games this season they'll consider it a success.
            sigpic

Comment

Dexter hit 2 HR's today. Nelson and Tulo each hit one.

Excited for the offense at least.

sigpic

Comment

Do you know if Dexter's bulked up/added some muscle this season?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                  Do you know if Dexter's bulked up/added some muscle this season?
                  Maybe a little, but I doubt a lot. Last year was the year where he REALLY bulked up noticeably.

I think CarGo has even bulked up some this season. I'm sure Dexter has some what, but not the drastic amount like last year, don't want to lose his speed.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                    Maybe a little, but I doubt a lot. Last year was the year where he REALLY bulked up noticeably.

I think CarGo has even bulked up some this season. I'm sure Dexter has some what, but not the drastic amount like last year, don't want to lose his speed.
                    Cargo was on les and nalen. they said he doesn't look very big at all but are both saying the ball is really jumping off his bat.

To the point of dex, all he needs to learn how to do is start making consistent contact and have an at least decent pitch selection, and he'll be pooping out the two baggers.
                    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Maybe Bichette is working his magic with our hitters.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                        Maybe Bichette is working his magic with our hitters.

Of course he is...........he's the SLEDGEHAMMER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                          Cargo was on les and nalen. they said he doesn't look very big at all but are both saying the ball is really jumping off his bat.

To the point of dex, all he needs to learn how to do is start making consistent contact and have an at least decent pitch selection, and he'll be pooping out the two baggers.
                          Hmm weird, I've read multiple times that CarGo has bulked up some. :shrug:

But I've also read he's been destroying the ball too. 450ft bomb in SF.

sigpic

Comment

thank god its baseball season.

Comment

I actually think our FO has done a marvelous job of destroying our team. Top notch.

Comment

Working...
                              X