Danilo Gallinari - Torn ACL - Done for the Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Nuggets] Danilo Gallinari - Torn ACL - Done for the Season

Bummer. It will hurt, but we are deep, so hopefully that will cushion the blow.

Nuggets F Danilo Gallinari out for the season with ACL tear

MRI exam reveals no additional ligament damage; surgery to be scheduled

DENVER, April 5, 2013 – An MRI exam today revealed that Denver Nuggets F Danilo Gallinari suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his left knee during Thursday night’s game against the Dallas Mavericks.
    The MRI showed no signs of other ligament or meniscus damage. He will miss the remainder of the 2012-13 season.

Gallinari, 24, averaged 16.2 points, 5.2 rebounds and 2.5 assists in 71 games this season.

“We’re extremely disappointed for Gallo. He was having a career year in scoring and rebounding and was a huge reason for our success,” Nuggets executive vice president of basketball operations Masai Ujiri said. “We will obviously support him and be there for him throughout his recovery.

“Knowing his work ethic and commitment to getting back on the floor, we are confident he will come back stronger than ever next season.”

Surgery will be scheduled at a later date, and a prognosis for a full recovery is excellent.

#Nuggets executive VP of basketball ops Masai Ujiri: "We’re extremely disappointed for Gallo. He was a huge reason for our success."

More from Ujiri on Gallo: "Knowing his work ethic and commitment, we are confident he will come back stronger than ever next season."
    Last edited by Broncoholic3233; 04-05-2013, 01:13 PM.
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

I knew we should have traded hm for Reddick. Lawson better be healthy or we are going to have some scoring problems.
    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
    sigpic

Comment

That would've been an awful trade, coming for a Duke fan who loves Reddick. Gallo is a much better overall player than Reddick and it isn't even close.

Gallo will rehab this and be just fine. No doubt in my mind. Glad he's a Nugget.

Ill Will will step up and fill his role. Like I said, this will hurt, but we are deep and I have the utmost confidence in the rest of our guys to step up.

Go Nuggets!
      2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Old news....

Comment

Yeah, it hurts. I'm not in love with Gallo either but this is a big blow with the playoffs ahead.

That said, we are lucky to have Wilson able to slide in and fill his spot. Looks like Fournier is going to get some more playing time for sure now.

I think now though the most important thing is for Ty to get healthy. If we don't have him healthy for round 1, were done.
          Just a diehard Broncos Fan trying to make it living in Charger/Raider country (SoCal)

Comment

Eh we'd probably be able to edge out Houston or GSW if we can keep our spot. Randolph is going to get some more minutes as well. Actually I'm really curious to see if we'll put Randolph out there with Faried and Koufos/McGee. I haven't seen Faried to much as far as perimeter defender but it'd be hard to get in the paint with that much length and athleticism.

Comment

I've mourned, and I'm over it. Gallo was great, but right now we'll be fine without him.

ill Will will will himself willingly.

okay that made no sense, but I think ill will getting more minutes will be nice to see, and cbrew coming off the bench with more minutes as well... Fournier needs to get some more time as well, like around 16 minutes... maybe more. Randolph will get more playing time as well I'd assume... maybe some ham.

We'll be fine. We will rally around the loss, i'm sure of it.

Bring on golden state!

Comment

Consistent scoring can't be replaced that easily but inconsistent scoring can. Our defense will probably get a little better not having Gallo out there standing around doing nothing.

We'll be fine, the playoffs are going to be fun.
                :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X