Replacements for Karl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Nuggets] Replacements for Karl

Barring a ridiculous comeback and a series victory, George obviously has to go. Not only will it be ANOTHER 1st round exit, but we have looked like the freaking Bobcats in this series. Fact is a GK coached team just can't get out of the 1st round. Obviously everyone wants Phil, but thats not gonna happen so I will throw some names out.

Larry Brown - Would be a perfect fit, he is a winner and a champion. Won a title without superstars in Detroit.

Mike Malone - GS assistant, one of the best assistant coaches in all of basketball

Melvin Hunt - Current Nuggets assistant, has a strong defensive background

Brian Shaw - Indiana asst. Phil Jackson protegee.

Any other ideas?
    sigpic

Phil Jackson but if not Larry brown or Mike Malone. Somethings needs to change though and I would be pissed if they retain GK
    sigpic

Comment

Wish we could have gotten Mark Jackson, that dude has become elite. He is just the type of coach the Nuggets need.
      sigpic

Comment

I don't want Phil but I would take Larry Brown or Melvin Hunt any day.
        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
        sigpic

Comment

Jason Giambi
          2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Trade ya for D'Antoni.

Comment

Coach K from Duke!!!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
              Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
              Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
              Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
              I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
                Coach K from Duke!!!!
                Noooooo!!! I like Duke more then the Nuggs so that would suck
                sigpic

Comment

Anyone that can actually teach a team to play defense and play with attitude

Comment

I'm not sure anyone would be better than karl... they may be better in the areas karl lacks but overall I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncNuggsRocks View Post
                      I'm not sure anyone would be better than karl... they may be better in the areas karl lacks but overall I doubt it.
                      Larry Brown is really the only realistic option that has proven to be a better coach than George. Otherwise the likely option would be an unproven assistant, but everyone must get their start somewhere.

Something has to give, this was arguably the greatest regular season in franchise history. But the team has laid and egg in the playoffs (putting it very mildly)

George has done a horrible job in this series. It is time for a change in philosophy, and that often leads to a change at head coach. We need to become a defensive minded team, we need a coach who can inspire players to play defense, which George has clearly lost the ability to do.

Thank you George, you have done great things for this team. But we need to get someone who can push us over the top.
                      sigpic

Comment

If you're going to hire Melvin Hunt you might as well keep Karl. It's no secret that Karl lets his Assistant coaches do the majority of the day to day activity and a lot of in game stuff.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                          If you're going to hire Melvin Hunt you might as well keep Karl. It's no secret that Karl lets his Assistant coaches do the majority of the day to day activity and a lot of in game stuff.
                          I would definitely keep Karl as an assistant or consultant. He doesn't need to be running the show though. That probably wouldn't sit too well with Karl though.
                          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                          sigpic

Comment

I was listening to the local Sports Radio here today and they said Karl is not very well liked or respected by his peers, dont know if thats because of his atitude or what, but it seems to be a fact, now that this new allegation after the last game, Denver players going up to Mark Jackson and sayong, It wasn't us, our idea to play this way, and then kinda throwing him under the bus the way they did.

Any truth to this allagation?
                            sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

Originally posted by Axemaster View Post
                              I was listening to the local Sports Radio here today and they said Karl is not very well liked or respected by his peers, dont know if thats because of his atitude or what, but it seems to be a fact, now that this new allegation after the last game, Denver players going up to Mark Jackson and sayong, It wasn't us, our idea to play this way, and then kinda throwing him under the bus the way they did.

Any truth to this allagation?
                              uhhh...what?

No...c'mon now.
                              2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X