Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the hire, good news!!

Comment

He better not suck. That's all the welcome he's getting from me. I want to win. Enough of this one and done crap.

He can earn my good graces by winning us a damn playoff series.
      2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

I can't help but ask some of the most basic and simple questions.

How much was it going to cost the Denver Nuggets to keep "NBA Coach of the Year" Karl versus how much it will cost to sign a 1st time Head Coach, in Shaw?

How much was it going to cost the Denver Nuggets to keep "NBA Executive of the Year" Ujiri versus how much it will cost the Nuggets to sign a 36 year old 1st time GM, in Connelly?

Now ask yourself how much it is going to cost the Denver Nuggets to keep Andre Iguodala versus how much it will cost to bring in some 3rd rate replacement. Buh-bye, Andre Iguodala.

Hope Shaw and Connelly work out, but it's pretty clear to anyone who has the ability to get honest with themselves which direction this franchise is going.

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post

How much was it going to cost the Denver Nuggets to keep "NBA Coach of the Year" Karl versus how much it will cost to sign a 1st time Head Coach, in Shaw?

How much was it going to cost the Denver Nuggets to keep "NBA Executive of the Year" Ujiri versus how much it will cost the Nuggets to sign a 36 year old 1st time GM, in Connelly?

Now ask yourself how much it is going to cost the Denver Nuggets to keep Andre Iguodala versus how much it will cost to bring in some 3rd rate replacement. Buh-bye, Andre Iguodala.

Hope Shaw and Connelly work out, but it's pretty clear to anyone who has the ability to get honest with themselves which direction this franchise is going.
          This franchise is going to go the same way Javale McGee goes. Kroenke wanted a staff that backs McGee and that's the right decision for us going forward imo. The presence McGee gives us on the defensive side can't be ignored, especially in a high tempo game. Shaw is supposed to be good at developing players so if he can get some more out of McGee that's a huge positive. Shaw said he wants to keep this running system in place as he should if he wants to keep this team competitive right now. Plus Shaw is a former NBA point guard, I'd imagine he can help Ty Lawson take another step forward as well.

Comment

I honestly don't care who we got. Either way, just win and I'll be happy... Lose and you're gone... thats it.

Did anyone hear about Gallo's magically healed ACL? He said he can come back in December rather than feb.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncNuggsRocks View Post
              I honestly don't care who we got. Either way, just win and I'll be happy... Lose and you're gone... thats it.

Did anyone hear about Gallo's magically healed ACL? He said he can come back in December rather than feb.
              Gallo's soft, we all know that. It's good news for us going into the season though. Wilson Chandler will have a chance to legitimately take his spot in that span.

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post

Masai told the Nuggets not to bother extending him another contract offer because he was signing with Toronto regardless. George Karl needed to get out of town 3 years ago, he wasn't getting it done in any capacity, As for Iggy, Kroenke and Connelly moreso Kroenke have been extremely vocal about bringing him back and that we didn't just trade for a guy to let him walk. I don't think you have a clue about what you speak of

Comment

Do we get a press conference today?

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                  Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                  Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                  Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                  I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

Loving his press conference.

All joking aside from earlier, I am excited about this hire. I really think this guy is going to be a phenomenal head coach in this league. He has been credited with developing so many players, hopefully he can do that with our bigs especially.

But he really will have to prove it...and if he does the same crap Karl did in the playoffs...he won't be on my good side.

So I was joking a bit, but I do expect results in a quick manner, assuming we don't blow up our roster or something weird.
                    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

I'm hoping Shaw works his magic on McGee. He has the potential to be one of, if not the best centers in the league if developed right.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                        Loving his press conference.

All joking aside from earlier, I am excited about this hire. I really think this guy is going to be a phenomenal head coach in this league. He has been credited with developing so many players, hopefully he can do that with our bigs especially.

But he really will have to prove it...and if he does the same crap Karl did in the playoffs...he won't be on my good side.

So I was joking a bit, but I do expect results in a quick manner, assuming we don't blow up our roster or something weird.
                        Honestly I was really nervous for weeks and sort of agreeing with you and others that didn't think we could do better without Massai and Karl.

But I no longer feel that way. I really really like both of the hires we made at GM and HC. I really don't see any sort of set back at all like many feared. In fact I could easily see improvement next year with a playoff series win. I'll be mad if we dissapoint again but I really think these two can do wonders for this franchise.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X