Clear All

• [Avs] Avs get #1 pick in NHL draft

Welcome to the AVS Seth Jones... just sayin'

Popeye Jones's kid? Cool.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
      Popeye Jones's kid? Cool.
      yeah... I think MAK is a better prospect.. but you guys have a lot of centers... and seth is getting more #1 votes
      is a big shut down dman which you guys reallly need.. and he is a local boy / grew up an avs fan.

Comment

YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Seth Jones it is.
        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
        sigpic

Comment

I think it's Seth Jones, but if they go with Mackinnon I wouldn't be disappointed.

Edit: I'm hoping it's Jones.

Comment

Last defenseman to go #1 was Eric Johnson. That scares me
            2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Meaning I want Seth jones but if he turns out like Eric Johnson ill cry for years

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                Meaning I want Seth jones but if he turns out like Eric Johnson ill cry for years
                Lol, same. What's good is that whoever we get won't be coached by Sacco.
                sigpic

Comment

That would definitely be a disappointment.

Comment

Seth Jones
                    Colorado Avalanche
                    TEAM: Portland (WHL)
                    HT: 6-3
                    WT: 210
                    POS: D

Pick analysis: It's pretty likely that Jones will either go No. 1 or No. 2 but I don't see him slipping by the Avs. There's an obvious lack of depth at the position in this organization, coupled with the fact that Jones could easily be a No. 1-overall pick in many draft classes. Colorado has plenty of young bright stars at the forward position, with Gabriel Landeskog (1st, 2011), Matt Duchene (1st, 2009) and Ryan O'Reilly (2nd, 2009). Jones could play this fall based on his physical skills and size, but they may want to look at their current roster and remember how forcing a young D-man into the league can work against a prospect's development. Erik Johnson (the Blues' No. 1 overall pick in 2006) has never lived up to his billing. That said, Johnson could certainly help guide Jones through the pressures of being a top pick and could end up being very important to Jones and his development. I believe Jones has the ability to rise above adversity he encounters though.

The selection of Jones would be too perfect. Back when the Avs won the Cup in 2001, Seth was at the game with his father, Popeye, then playing with the NBA's Denver Nuggets. It was Avalanche legend Joe Sakic that recommended to Popeye that Seth should start taking skating lessons. As Sakic's name continues to be mentioned in connection with a front-office position in Colorado, wouldn't it be something if his first notable move was to reap the benefits of the advice he gave Popeye nearly 12 years ago?
                    Well that's pretty cool.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yaaay justice in the lottery system :clap: Hopefully Jones and a new coach will turn it around next year. Hopefully Landy will be on track you guys have the pieces offensively. Hopefully you get another center with an early pick, too.

Comment

I hope whoever you draft turns out. I have a soft spot in my heart for the avs.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                          Last defenseman to go #1 was Eric Johnson. That scares me
                          The thing is that in a system designed to actually play defense, EJ is one of the better offensive defensemen in the league.
                          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                            The thing is that in a system designed to actually play defense, EJ is one of the better offensive defensemen in the league.
                            Sure, but still not anywhere near #1 overall good. And if Seth Jones is like EJ...we wasted our pick.

One again...I want Seth Jones...just drafting a defenseman #1 scares me a bit. But it has to be done.

sigpic

Comment

I was worried we wouldn't get the first pick, but I forgot completely about the lottery system. Looks like as long as Seth turns out good, this last season was somewhat of a success.
                              sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                              Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Working...
                              X