Changes that need to be made this offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Nuggets] Changes that need to be made this offseason

1. First off, George must be fired. Being a 3 seed and playing a team you should have been able to handle, then end up losing in the first round again. That is unacceptable. We need to put a much higher priority on defense, so we need a coach who can motivate and coach defense.

2. Keep Ty and Faired, make anyone else available. We need a big man who can score, and defend the post. Al Jefferson comes to mind.

3. Koufos must go. No reason to have him, he can't defend, he can't score, hell he can't even catch the ball.

4. Trade Andre Miller. With no George there is no reason to have him around, all he does is slow us down and try and take over games no matter if he has it or not.

5. Draft Shane Larkin. Perfect backup to Ty, nearly the same player. He would give us a good backup to Ty, and when Ty was off the floor we wouldn't lose much.

6. Don't re-sign Brewer. He had a good season, he will be looking to get paid and he is not worth what he'll make on the market. Play Fournier in his spot.

7. I'm neutral on Iggy, I would be totally fine if we re-signed him, but wouldn't mind if we let him walk. Depends on what kind of Centers hit the market.

8. If we get a new starting center, Trade McGee. He is making too much to be a backup.

I'm all for keeping the others, Gallo, Chandler, Hamilton, Randolph and Stone. But if a good deal is to be made involving them, trade them.

Anything else anyone would like to add?
    sigpic

Every year we make the playoffs

Every year we lose in the first round

Every year we all call for the team to be blown up

Every year we are dissapointed with the offseason moves

Every year we take back what we said in the offseason because the team actually looks good

^^^^Return to top and Repeat^^^^^

Comment

Let Karl go gracefully, then find a new identity. Either acquire a bunch of sharp shooters, or build a defensive team with grit. But either way, find an identity. This team is Jekyll and Hyde every season.

Comment

The only changes I see is Brewer and Mozgov gone in FA. Iggy possibly back at the right price. Nuggets sign and draft a shooter.

If Iggy is not back though, what a horrible trade that was for us.
        sigpic

Comment

Nuggets need to get Masai Ujiri resigned.........NOW. His contract is officially up.
          sigpic

Comment

Trade all of our players and picks for the next 4 years, then draft Seventh Woods.

Championships....

Comment

I agree with most of that. I'd keep Andre Miller and trade Chandler though.

Chandler was freaking horrible in that series, so was Koufos. Trade or sign someone like Reddick. We have the most unskilled bigs in the league. If they were skilled enough they'd be playing and making an impact. Brewer is so stupid sometimes. Nice foul with .8 seconds left in the quarter.
              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
              sigpic

Comment

Definitely agree that it's time for George to go. It' become clear that despite the fact that he's a pretty good coach, he just doesn't seem capable of leading this team to playoff success.

Comment

Anyone outside of Ty is fair game.

I like Faried, but he's not untouchable (sorry, Jesse ).

I like Wilson...but that series was bad...so I gotta say if the right deal comes along...it'll be hard to pass up.

Don't trade the Frenchy tho please...he gonna be special.

I'm drunk..but for now...in my drunken state...i'd be fine with Karl being fired. I'll see how I feel after I have calmed down and really reflected. But 10 years...1 first round exit...das bad.
                  2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Agree that everyone other than Ty can leave for all I care... cept fournier. I'd like to see what he'd develop into.

We need to replace brewer for sure though.... faried needs to learn some post moves and work on his short jumpers.... defense too... basically everything but rebounding.

Comment

Ty can't leave. It will wreck my only NBA jersey purchase.

also.. nuggs my adopted nba team. stop losing...

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                        Ty can't leave. It will wreck my only NBA jersey purchase.

also.. nuggs my adopted nba team. stop losing...
                        i got billups and ty... so yeah, ty... stay.

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                          Nuggets need to get Masai Ujiri resigned.........NOW. His contract is officially up.
                          Why do people keep saying this? This seems to be the sentiment around Denver, but think about it a bit. Did he really do that good of a job? Personally, I think George Karl did a decent job with a very AVERAGE roster. And having an average roster is directly Masai's fault. Just because someone does a slightly better job than the last guy doesn't make him great.

We got 40+ wins with a bunch of no-names, an All-star on the wrong side of his career, and a nearly-40 year old point guard who at times thinks he's Jordan. Imagine if Karl had the Heat's roster.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not super huge on Karl, never have been. But I also believe in taking the rose colored glasses off and making an honest evaluation of the situation. He did pretty darn good with a roster full of nobodies. And he lost to a roster with a superstar.

I think we need a GM that can draw some talent here.

Comment

Originally posted by damastez View Post
                            Why do people keep saying this? This seems to be the sentiment around Denver, but think about it a bit. Did he really do that good of a job? Personally, I think George Karl did a decent job with a very AVERAGE roster. And having an average roster is directly Masai's fault. Just because someone does a slightly better job than the last guy doesn't make him great.

We got 40+ wins with a bunch of no-names, an All-star on the wrong side of his career, and a nearly-40 year old point guard who at times thinks he's Jordan. Imagine if Karl had the Heat's roster.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not super huge on Karl, never have been. But I also believe in taking the rose colored glasses off and making an honest evaluation of the situation. He did pretty darn good with a roster full of nobodies. And he lost to a roster with a superstar.

I think we need a GM that can draw some talent here.
                            No, Ujiri did a great job. When we got rid of Melo we should have been Cleveland after Lebron or Orlando after Dwight. I do agree, George did a very good job. But Masai got a lot of talent here when the circumstances were really bad. He also had 2 late first round successes in Faried and Fournier.

Most importantly, he put his faith in GK. He built this team to win with George and his style, George couldn't do it.

Masai Ujiri is the furthest thing from the problem with the Nuggets.
                            sigpic

Comment

I agree Ujiri did a good job with the situation he had.

I also agree that firing Karl isn't a bad idea, but only if we get someone better. If we fire Karl and hire some assistant coach or something I will be furious.

Comment

Working...
                              X