Changes that need to be made this offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Koufos can't catch the ball at all, he has no touch near the basket. He's just a big body, he's probably reached his ceiling. I'd be ok with getting rid of him. Wilson Chandler needs to play like he's 6'8" and not 6'. He's not a G, he doesn't need to constantly jack up 3s and when he drives he needs to finish hard at the basket. Go dunk on someone or at least try to because he misses almost everything if he's not at the rim unless he banks it off the backboard. Bring back Iguodala, he's a rhythm shooter and he was starting to find his groove towards the end of the season. I love Brewer but Fournier would be a better option going forward.

We need to draft someone that can consistently hit 3s. Shane Larkin was brought up, he's a good player but I don't like the idea of having both of our PGs under 6'. I think Isaiah Canaan would be a great addition, terrific scorer and would be great off the bench. He also knocks down his free throws. I'd look into Amar'e Stoudemire. He can play C so Faried can stay on the court or we can start McGee and Faried can provide energy off the bench. Even if he isn't healthy, he can still score the ball and hit his free throws. Good jump shooter so he spaces the court out for our other players. He can really work with Faried as well. I'd also try to get a good rebounder. Kris Humphries may be available, I don't really like him as a player, but he is good on the boards and we get pushed around quite a bit at times.
    Seth Curry! or Andre Dawkins in a year.

Dawkins is a better pure shooter
    sigpic

Comment

Y'all want a shooter? Go get Nate Wolters out of South Dakota State in the 2nd round of the draft. A great shooter and can be the future back up PG to Ty. Can play the 2 as well because he has some size at 6'4".
      sigpic

Comment

I like the OP idea of Larkin as a draft pick. If the kid handles himself professionally like his father he will be a solid player for years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
          Seth Curry! or Andre Dawkins in a year.

Dawkins is a better pure shooter
          I think Canaan is better than Curry, I think he's more polished. I'll admit I'm biased though because I went to school with Canaan and played with him. But Canaan has carried Murray State the past few years.

Comment

George Karl should not be fired unless there is a better option out there. I would rather have another great regular season with George Karl and give this roster another shot to flourish instead of giving an unproven assistant a shot like we did with Dantley a few years ago when George was sick.

Now looking at it I wouldn't say that the Nuggets front office has been as great as everyone, including myself have made them out to be. Who have they got in the front court. They gave George Karl no big man who can have a massive impact on the game. They provided a bunch of players who have trouble hitting jump shots and they overpaid everyone not named Ty Lawson.

Javale Mcgee is way overpaid. Gallanari is too inconsistant for his huge money salary. Wilson Chandler was too overpaid. They traded for a guy in Iguodala who was overpaid. They overpaid guys they traded away as well in Afflalo and Nene. Koufas is overpaid. I would say we should try to bring in some more talent. A 3 point marksman and a big man down low who can do it all and control a game.

Comment

Working...
            X