Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Nuggets] Masai Ujiri to meet with the Raptors

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nu...160104856.html

This is not good. I hope we are doing it so we see what they offer and then match it. But this will be a disaster if we lose Ujiri.
    sigpic

He have any ties to Toronto that would make him go there in a slam dunk? Bummer if he goes.

Comment

Originally posted by TecmoElway View Post
      He have any ties to Toronto that would make him go there in a slam dunk? Bummer if he goes.
      Used to be assistant GM there. Before that he was head international scout here.
      sigpic

Comment

If we lose Masai, this team is in trouble.

Well... More trouble than we are already in. Lol

Comment

Would be a bummer, he's basically been the MVP of this team for the last few years and has assembled quite the squad. I was hoping he'd stick around and find a way to land us Kevin Love this offseason.

Comment

@nuggetsnews: Masai's relationships in Toronto are strong. This is the 1 team, IMO, he'd consider leaving for. Moneys a factor, but not the lone factor.
            sigpic

Comment

Toronto sucks. If he goes there it is strictly for the cash.

Comment

I wouldn't care to much. Has he done a good job ? Sure. I really loved what he had done until this post season exposed the roster he had built. George Karl used the average talent he was given by Masai to build one of the best regular season teams in the league. I have always said Masai overpaid talent and this is the case. The one huge trade he pulled off to bring someone in was the Iguodala trade and we all pretty much agreed he overpaid in that to get him. Masai severly overrated the guys he brought into Denver and kept around here. Their were better options on the free agent market however we just kept our own. I wouldn't be too broken up if he left.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                  I wouldn't care to much. Has he done a good job ? Sure. I really loved what he had done until this post season exposed the roster he had built. George Karl used the average talent he was given by Masai to build one of the best regular season teams in the league. I have always said Masai overpaid talent and this is the case. The one huge trade he pulled off to bring someone in was the Iguodala trade and we all pretty much agreed he overpaid in that to get him. Masai severly overrated the guys he brought into Denver and kept around here. Their were better options on the free agent market however we just kept our own. I wouldn't be too broken up if he left.
                  Overrated? The playoffs exposed us? Masai himself said in January we weren't contenders. He has a plan here in Denver and we are in the middle of it. If he is so overrated why did he get voted executive of the year? Why did the Sixters want him last year and the raptors this year? Masai earned his pay raise. And if we stick with Karl over Masai I will be sickened to my stomach.

Masai may have over paid a tad but he has also got teams to trade for those contracts to acquire nice young talents. As of right now his only dud could be the trade of Afflalo if we don't get Andre Igoudala back.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post

Look at Cleveland after LeBron, Orlando after Dwight and NO after Paul. That is all you need to know right there.

Masai is elite and you are giving Karl way too much credit.
                    sigpic

Comment

If Ujiri leaves...we are screwed.

Too make things worse...it seems like he's going to get an offer that he might not be able to turn down. 3 million a year.

That's a lot of money for a FO person...but Kroenke has got to match that....Ujiri is top 5 in the NBA hands down and still very young and learning.
                      2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Listen to you guys. You are acting like he is amazing. I must admit I have flip flopped a bit on this topic however what has he brought in here which was so great ? The guy did get a great return from the Carmello Anthony trade however someone who didn't get enough credit for that trade was Carmello himself. He demanded to go to New York and he wanted it done under the old CBA. He was a huge reason we got such a great deal.

The guy has overpaid and given money to suspect players when their were better guys on the market. I could go through the list again however I don't see anyone listening as their seems to be a bit of blind love for Masai. Also the one big move he went and made post Melo was the Andre Iguodala trade. And he overpaid in that trade as we all said at the start. So again, I ask, what has he brought here which is so great ? Corey Brewer, Wilson Chandler, Javale Mcgee ?

One thing which I love about him is his drafting. He seems to really use those picks well at the bottom of the first round. However his free agent and extension record is not all that great and I wouldn't care to much if he left. I seen a little quote somewhere saying we are willing to move on. If so then okay, however I do think we have a good combination in the front office with Josh and Masai. However it is not make or break like some are saying.

Comment

I'm a casual Raptors fan....the only canuck team in the NBA. I would be very happy if they convinced him to takeover in TO, based on how high you speak of him, and what I've read. The Raptors need someone good.......bad!!! I have no clue about their draft strategy over the years, seemingly more interested in international players than those from the US, and even when they do go that way, they "reach"!!!

Sorry if they sign your guy. It will definitely be our gain.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            I'm a casual Raptors fan....the only canuck team in the NBA. I would be very happy if they convinced him to takeover in TO, based on how high you speak of him, and what I've read. The Raptors need someone good.......bad!!! I have no clue about their draft strategy over the years, seemingly more interested in international players than those from the US, and even when they do go that way, they "reach"!!!

Sorry if they sign your guy. It will definitely be our gain.
                            Well, they have drafted some good players over the years, but they always leave when their rookie contracts are up. It seems as though no one wants to stay in Toronto. Two players that come to mind are Chris Bosh and Vince Carter.

That could explain drafting international players. Talented players from the US are not likely to stay in Toronto, however, they might feel as though players from Europe are more likely to stay in Toronto than to want to bolt to a US city.
                            Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 05-26-2013, 11:56 AM.
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

@Raj_Sharan: Per @WojYahooNBA, "significant momentum has gathered" that M.Ujiri will take #Raptors GM position. #Nuggets

CRAP
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X